oguzksk

i-134 form changed!!!!!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey guys,

I have just downloaded the i-134 form and it is totally different than the old one. ( if you google k1 sample i 134 )

Do you guys know is there any sample new i-134 form?

The i-134 form is similar to i-864 and it is not 2 pages. It is 8 pages and little bit confusing..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Yes, there is a new I-134 that is coming into effect, but the old one is still able to be used as long as it is received and processed BEFORE the 27th of this month.  After that date you need to use the most recent (and much longer) form.

From the USCIS site (https://www.uscis.gov/i-134 ) :

Latest edition: 11/30/16. Starting 02/27/17, USCIS will only accept the 11/30/16 edition. Until then, you can use the 02/19/14 edition and other previous editions. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the Form and Instructions.

Edited by Sakaki[Zenith]

K-1 Visa Timeline:

1 Jan 2015 - Got engaged <3

7 Jan 2015 - End of trip to see fiancee (Returned to New Zealand)

9 June 2016 - I-129F sent

16 June 2016 - I-129F NoA1 Received

17 August 2016 - I-129F NoA2 Received

2 Sept 2016 - Package received by NVC

20 Sept 2016 - K-1 Paperwork received via email and snail-mail

12 Jan 2017 - Instructions complete and paperwork returned

17 Jan 2017 - Receive Packet 4 (Interview instructions)

26 Jan 2017 - Interview at US Consulate, Auckland (APPROVED)

01 Feb 2017 - Sealed Envelope arrived ('Pandora's Envelope' :P )

21 Feb 2017 - Flying out to USA

TBD - Getting married <3

Timeline

Thanks man. 

So I have my interview on jan 26 2017 and may I use old form? If so where can I get it? I couldnt download the old form anywhere...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Unfortunately if you haven't already downloaded or received a paper copy of it in advance, unless you can find it from another online repository (like archive.org),  you may just have to bite the proverbial bullet and use the more recent form.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

1 Jan 2015 - Got engaged <3

7 Jan 2015 - End of trip to see fiancee (Returned to New Zealand)

9 June 2016 - I-129F sent

16 June 2016 - I-129F NoA1 Received

17 August 2016 - I-129F NoA2 Received

2 Sept 2016 - Package received by NVC

20 Sept 2016 - K-1 Paperwork received via email and snail-mail

12 Jan 2017 - Instructions complete and paperwork returned

17 Jan 2017 - Receive Packet 4 (Interview instructions)

26 Jan 2017 - Interview at US Consulate, Auckland (APPROVED)

01 Feb 2017 - Sealed Envelope arrived ('Pandora's Envelope' :P )

21 Feb 2017 - Flying out to USA

TBD - Getting married <3

Timeline

Thank you so much,

By the way, I have one last question. I have downloaded Tax return of 2015 with amendment. My CPA printed one copy and I have signed it and sent it to the IRS and my CPA sent another one to my email address. I am just gonna download the 2015 1040 tax return and give it to them. Do I need to sign  the tax return or just give the copy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.