Sarasota

K1 London, embassy not received medical, in Administrative Processing

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I had my interview in London for the K1 on the 20th December. Annoyingly they hadn’t received my medical results. The guy said everything seems fine and once they receive my medical I should get my visa in about 2 weeks. They kept my passport.

I’ve been in Administrative Processing since the 21st December and the status date hasn’t changed.

Afterwards I contacted Knightsbridge and they then sent the medical the 21st/22nd December,

I know there have been a lot of holidays over Christmas at the embassy. Does this sound normal? Is there anyone I can call to check what’s going on? I’ve been on the VISA status checker everyday and it’s driving me mad

Thanks

(My medical was November 10th, they said it would be sent to the embassy in 5 days. Basically it turns out they didn’t send it as they thought they were waiting for a doctor’s summary, but I brought this with me to the medical (took medication for anxiety a couple of years ago). Knightsbridge said they would only contact me if there was an issue. They never contacted me so I assumed it was all fine)

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

One thing I learned about dealing with the London embassy, is to never "assume" everyone is doing the job correctly. We had to really hold their hands throughout a lot of the process.

we had a similar situation. What we did was sent a (signature confirmation) letter telling the embassy that the record has be sent by Knightsbridge (in you your case) and to please update the case file accordingly.  

This seemed to shake things up a bit. 

we had our interview December 15th and the visa was finally issued on Tuesday. I really think the letter helped. 

Edited by DelilahBrz

10/3/16 I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

10/5/16 Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/11/16 NOA1 Received

11/3/16 NOA2 Received

11/8/16 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16 NVC Received I-129

12/2/16 Consulate Review

12/15/16 Interview Date

7 hours ago, DelilahBrz said:

One thing I learned about dealing with the London embassy, is to never "assume" everyone is doing the job correctly. We had to really hold their hands throughout a lot of the process.

we had a similar situation. What we did was sent a (signature confirmation) letter telling the embassy that the record has be sent by Knightsbridge (in you your case) and to please update the case file accordingly.  

This seemed to shake things up a bit. 

we had our interview December 15th and the visa was finally issued on Tuesday. I really think the letter helped. 

Hi, thanks I didn't think of writing a letter, I think I'll try this. Who did you address it to? Did you hear anything back?

The embassy gives no updates, very frustrating

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It does seem as if your last chance to communicate effectively with the embassy is at the interview.

below is the letter that we sent to London. We did not get a response, but did get an update to our case soon after they received the letter. Hope this helps.

United States Embassy London
24 Grosvenor Square
London
W1A 2LQ
United Kingdom

23/12/2016

Case Number: LND xxxxxx
Petitioner: XxxxxXxxxxxx
Beneficiary: xxxxxxxxc

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to you to inform you that the US Embassy Athens has scanned and sent the Greek Penal Record for Judicial Use upon request of the US Embassy London.  If you would be so kind as to update case #LND xxxxxx with the information provided to you by the US Embassy Athens.  I have enclosed the email that I had received from the US Embassy Athens.

Warm Regards,
Xxxxxx

10/3/16 I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

10/5/16 Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/11/16 NOA1 Received

11/3/16 NOA2 Received

11/8/16 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16 NVC Received I-129

12/2/16 Consulate Review

12/15/16 Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.