ladyheart2011

Priority Date July 28, 2014

17 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

The current dates on visa bulletin for F2A are 1 April 2015 or 15 April 2015.  Have you received a case complete letter because based on you PD and the current visa bulletin, if you had you would have received an interview already.

My Journey

Priority Date: July 24, 2007 (EAC)

AOS fee paid: February 2013

Request embassy change: May 2013

Son born: September 2013 (added to petition March 2014)

Interview: March 17, 2015 (Joint sponsor needed)

Joint sponsor documents submitted: April 27, 2015

Visas approved and issued: April 30, 2015. Had to return to embassy to do oath for son :)

Visa in hand: May 5, 2015 (two working days after issued)

IV fees paid: August 10, 2015

POE: JFK - September 10, 2015 (one day before visa expiry date - No hassle)

Returned to Barbados: September 28, 2015

Green cards: October 5, 2015 :dancing:

Entered US permanently: March 22, 2016

Applied for SSNs: March 28, 2016 (didn't tick box on DS-260)

SSN received: April 4, 2016;

Learner's permit: April 7, 2016 (in NY you also have to do 5-hour class);

Driver's License: July 13, 2016 (on first try) :dancing:

Husband's Journey (F2A)

Married: September 2015

I-130 sent: October 8, 2015 (via USPS)

Priority date: October 9, 2015 (WAC)

Petition approved: March 8, 2016 (5 months to the date of receipt) :)

NVC Welcome Letter: May 13, 2016
AOS documents sent: August 8, 2016
Case complete: September 14, 2016 (the waiting continues
:clock:).

Interview:  October 5, 2017 (Approved - Issued following day :))

Visa in hand:  October 12, 2017

POE:  October 13, 2017

Green card:

SSN:

No. I have not herd anything from from NVC

The last letter i got was an approval letter from USCIS stating that they are forwarding the case to NVC

I have not received any information since Feb 2015. It also worries me. I know there some procedures or steps we need to do.

Edited by ladyheart2011
added notes

3 minutes ago, ladyheart2011 said:

i do not know how to read the visa bulletin

you need to call NVC. because your priority date is current. have you pay the any fee to nvc? also your timeline say that you are usc? 

Edited by yaya2004

1 minute ago, ladyheart2011 said:

no. i did not receive any information regarding what is next to do

you need to call NVC ask about your case. because if  you don't communicate with them within a year the close the case.

I called them earlier and the lady told me i have not received anything from them because there is still no visa available

but you that your Priority date is july 28 2014. do you  meant to say july 28 2016 or 2015 ?

Edited by yaya2004

it says on the USCIS    I-797

Receipt date: July 29, 2014

Priority Date: July 28, 2014

Notice date Feb 6, 2015

2 minutes ago, ladyheart2011 said:

it says on the USCIS    I-797

Receipt date: July 29, 2014

Priority Date: July 28, 2014

Notice date Feb 6, 2015

and you are F2A? something does't seen right here. because you priority date is  current. NVC is working with priority date April 2015

My mom is the petitioner (PR) for my brother over 21 yrs old.She filed it early July 2014. 

it says on the letter the above petition has been approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the NVC.....

I dont know what to do. I am the one helping my mom with the processing because she dont know how to do all of this. 

The whole time I though we just need to wait for the next letter from NVC. I started realizing it's been 1 yr and 11 mos now and still have not received anything.

ok i see that you open a different threat. the petition is for your brother correct? if he is over 21 them wait is about 8yrs 

yes he is over 21. I'm sorry i thought he falls under f2a. He is f2b then. 

So can you guys tell me what is the priority date they are working on? i am getting confused looking at that visa bulletin. Thank you

i tried to log in and check to see if i am able to pay this is what it says

"

This case is in the process of termination. Fee payments and online forms can no longer be accepted. If you believe you have received this message in error, or to resume processing of the case, please contact the NVC immediately.

what does this mean??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.