AldyBella

Consulate reviews

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

hello all,

Just my opinion, but it would be really advisable and helpful if those of you who have had experiences at the US embassy Ghana to review in detail to provide more insight for those who still await this process. The point of this forum is to receive all possible help. It is sometimes disheartening to see people who have been approved and choose not to even post their positive news to provide positive feedback for others. We are all in this process together, to help the next person. When it goes well for you, be kind to share your experiences with us all. Do not think that you've received yours so thats it. There were others here to help before you got your good news. All feedback even if negative is beneficial to the next person. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I agree with you, Andybella.

That fellow Ghanaians who have passed through this hectic US embassy in Accra, should at least give a brief story of their experience, but that is not the case,some of us  are too secretive and also superstitious as well.

Anyway, I'd wanted to write a review on my experience, but when I click on my timeline and on review, it tells me to register, but already a member. So I will write the review here to help someone going through this embassy in Ghana

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

While not dealing with the Embassy in Ghana obviously, I definately will support your desire for people to put in reviews and their experiences with all embassies. It is a very good source of specific information and gives people a small peak at what they may experience. Obviously a lot of people do write reviews; but there are so many that do not, and they really should.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline

I went for my interview on 9th January, 2017 at Ghana .we started forming one long queue at 7:30am,both for NIV,ACS and IV. I got checked and went inside the embassy around 7:50am. I submitted my appointment letter and directed to sit and wanted to be call

Timeline

I was called to window 1 ,biometric taken, asked to submit my medical report, original birth cert,marriage cert,passport booklet, 2 passport pictures and other supporting evidence. At the window was a Ghanaian gentleman, who was nice and courteous asked me the following questions,

Have I travel before,? no

Is this my first marriage?yes

How long have I been married.I answered

He asked me to take a sit and will hear my name at a different window for the interview and he wished me well

Timeline

Exactly after about 10min I heard my name called at window 6.the CO was a white man and he greeted meand asked me to take a biometric only my left four fingers excluding my thumb. I raised my hand to take an oath ,whiles he was busy typing and checking something on his computer.

I want to believe that, the co take a decision, before the actual interview is done, or maybe only in my case.this is my opinion. I looked keenly on his desk to see my passport and my passport pics and didn't see,until he pulled out the blue sheet from a file that I saw it. 

Before he asked me any questions, he started given me my evidences,pushing it through the small outlet.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Myprincess said:

Exactly after about 10min I heard my name called at window 6.the CO was a white man and he greeted meand asked me to take a biometric only my left four fingers excluding my thumb. I raised my hand to take an oath ,whiles he was busy typing and checking something on his computer.

I want to believe that, the co take a decision, before the actual interview is done, or maybe only in my case.this is my opinion. I looked keenly on his desk to see my passport and my passport pics and didn't see,until he pulled out the blue sheet from a file that I saw it. 

Before he asked me any questions, he started given me my evidences,pushing it through the small outlet.

You need to sign in and post it from your timeline..the new website is a little different.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Now, these are the questions asked.

1) have you travel before.

2)is this your first marriage.

3)how many times have your husband visited?

4)How did you meet your husband.

5) what are his hobbies?

6) where does he work.

7) did he come for the christened?

8)describe the kind of person your husband is in the state? 

Well,  am approving your visa and pick it up in two weeks at dhl, at north ridge and not at the embassy. Hope this help someone in his/her visa journey. Please be confident and calm, not timid or afraid of the co. I remember i gave an answer to a question and he raised an eye brow and said no,no I don't like what you have rehearsed or someone has told you, that was question 8. 

Please do not lie ,look at his eyeball and not rush with your sentence.

All the best to everyone and more approved cases in Ghana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, Myprincess said:

5) what are his hobbies?

6) where does he work.

Well,  am approving your visa and pick it up in two weeks at dhl, at north ridge and not at the embassy. Hope this help someone in his/her visa journey. Please be confident and calm, not timid or afraid of the co. I remember i gave an answer to a question and he raised an eye brow and said no,no I don't like what you have rehearsed or someone has told you, that was question 8. 

oh wonderful. thanks for the detailed insight. much appreciated. Always good for the conversation to feel natural and not rehearsed.

Timeline

Honestly I didnt read the the reviews people wrote until a week before my husband interview, but I read almost every post that people posted on this forum. It took me a long time to start posting on here. Once I joined the group I read post from two years ago about how tough this embassy is

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

We have posted, please go through the whole portal. I learned everything I needed to know through here. Also, I sent individual messages to people of which I wanted more info on a particular subject. if you read our stories and want more info, you can also send a direct message. Anybody I ever asked all replied me with helpful info and I have done the same for a lot of people and through that have made many friends. 

Timeline
On 1/12/2017 at 1:41 PM, Myprincess said:

5) what are his hobbies?

6) where does he work.

Myprincess, was your case reaffirmed ? Or its a new fresh and first interview? If you wouldn't mind

Timeline
On 1/12/2017 at 8:29 PM, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

You need to sign in and post it from your timeline..the new website is a little different.

It's my first cr1 case. Not a reaffirmed case

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.