IA0217

Case Complete to Interview February 2017

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, afortunada said:

That time frame is incorrect. Back in the good ol' days, that's how long it took, but that is not the case anymore. I just don't want you to get your hopes up! Be pleasantly surprised if it takes 6 weeks, but brace yourself that it will most likely be much longer. Just look at all of us in the NVC thread I posted to you. NVC even admits that they are incredibly far behind. :(:( For example, I'm currently at week 8 with no news.

You are right i was going through posts and it seems like it is talking forever. I guess it's not a bad idea to keep calling them to ask question regarding case.

4 minutes ago, IA0217 said:

How long did it take for your case  to be scheduled for an interview? And i agree it takes forever for the to process things?

It took a week for us to get an interview date. Keep in mind it all depends on your Embassy.  Some are quick, some are slow.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ladyj said:

It took a week for us to get an interview date. Keep in mind it all depends on your Embassy.  Some are quick, some are slow.

Congratulations!

Admin, can you please change the title of this post so it doesn't get confused with @dwheels76 thread?

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
14 minutes ago, afortunada said:

Admin, can you please change the title of this post so it doesn't get confused with @dwheels76 thread?

I was confused :)

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, afortunada said:

Do you mean that your case has been completed at NVC? Or did you just send in your papers four weeks ago? Right now NVC is taking 9-12 weeks (sometimes longer) to complete the case from the date the documents were scanned in. If you only send in your papers four weeks ago, you still have quite a ways to go, unfortunately. 

If your case is in fact already completed, then the NVC communicates with the consulates the first and last week of each month, so I would think you should have heard something by now. You should call NVC and ask if your date has been set yet; it's possible you just haven't received the e-mail but that it has already been scheduled. 

Good luck! 

I have a question my husband just got the approval for his appointment in Juarez, Mexico. Is it true that he will have to strip naked for the medical exam. If so, he is very shy can he ask for a male to examine him?

10 minutes ago, abby perez said:

I have a question my husband just got the approval for his appointment in Juarez, Mexico. Is it true that he will have to strip naked for the medical exam. If so, he is very shy can he ask for a male to examine him?

No, you do not get stripped naked; he will have to stand in his boxers, though. They just want to check for tattoos and for signs of communicable diseases. I'm not sure if you can request a male doctor or not... That would depend on the staff they have on hand at the medical facility. 

NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day

29 minutes ago, afortunada said:

No, you do not get stripped naked; he will have to stand in his boxers, though. They just want to check for tattoos and for signs of communicable diseases. I'm not sure if you can request a male doctor or not... That would depend on the staff they have on hand at the medical facility. 

Hi,

My case got sent to NVC on the 10th, when do you think i should call NVC to see if my case is recieved, how long did it take for your case to be put in the system? 

Thanks

Just now, llama said:

Hi,

My case got sent to NVC on the 10th, when do you think i should call NVC to see if my case is recieved, how long did it take for your case to be put in the system? 

Thanks

It can take one to four weeks for NVC to receive your case from USCIS - for me, it took 22 days for my case to arrive. It was then entered in their system/I was able to proceed with the NVC process 12 days later. This walk-through of the NVC process is extremely helpful: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process I read it a dozen times over until I fully understood what to expect. Good luck!

45 minutes ago, afortunada said:

It can take one to four weeks for NVC to receive your case from USCIS - for me, it took 22 days for my case to arrive. It was then entered in their system/I was able to proceed with the NVC process 12 days later. This walk-through of the NVC process is extremely helpful: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process I read it a dozen times over until I fully understood what to expect. Good luck!

Thank you, everyone on VJ is so helpful good luck with the rest of everything. 

Edited by llama

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I would have to agree with afortunada. I sent my packet in and it was received Nov. 14th or somewhere around there. Yesterday we called and they said they hadn't even started yet! So they put us on a priority list because it has been 9 weeks! They said it could take another 6 weeks but we also are hoping for a faster process. I would recommend calling and checking, that seems to be the only way to find out some information about what is going on at the NVC.

Best of luck to everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am now at 10 weeks waiting for NVC and still no news I call everyday and still get the same answer and thats its in the review department. I have talk to a few really nice people nd I do believe some are trying but again they are very far behind and clearly are not going in order according to scan date. My scan date was nov 3 and placed on a supervisor list dec 16. Now it been placed back in review. I am just praying for good news soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 minute ago, Cbsjjg said:

I am now at 10 weeks waiting for NVC and still no news I call everyday and still get the same answer and thats its in the review department. I have talk to a few really nice people nd I do believe some are trying but again they are very far behind and clearly are not going in order according to scan date. My scan date was nov 3 and placed on a supervisor list dec 16. Now it been placed back in review. I am just praying for good news soon.

I'm hoping you hear very soon.  The day before I got case complete, they were telling me that it is in the review department and I can hear at anytime.  I asked when I can call back and the person said I can call as many times as I would like, but he suggest a few days.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

I'm hoping you hear very soon.  The day before I got case complete, they were telling me that it is in the review department and I can hear at anytime.  I asked when I can call back and the person said I can call as many times as I would like, but he suggest a few days.

I hope soon. Thank you for the support and info. Congratulations on your cc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.