Dakine10

Trump acknowledges Putin's hand in email hacks

100 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

The way Trump put that poverty pimps in his place was a thing of beauty.   Lewis should not have run off at that mouth. 

Four more days and Trump has to start being accountable for all the rubbish that comes out of his mouth. 

QCjgyJZ.jpg

2 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

that's your personal 'appropriateness' gauge, and also your personal crystal ball as to russian interference. doesn't really matter what you've personally deteremined from the limited information you have. congress has a bit more info and lewis made a decision based on his moral compass - which is by far a superior moral compass to trumps.

john lewis has a responsibility to represent those that voted him in, and i don't think at this point anyone knows exactly when impeachment is going to get underway. only a matter of time.

for the life of me i don't understand all this 'responsibility to unite' when trump himself is not at all taking the task to hand. sending out a tweet saying 'we will all unite' in all caps is lip service and nothing more. if he were concerned about uniting the american people, he wouldn't have disrespected a man who had his skull cracked for demanding his basic human rights.

I was only ever speaking for myself, I don't pretend that my opinion is somehow the rule of the land. I was telling Nature Boy that I at least agree with him that I don't think John Lewis should have said what he said. 

As for John Lewis' responsibility to those who voted him in, even if his district primarily voted for Clinton every voter has the responsibility to respect the outcome of a democractic election. You shouldn't be able to vote if you won't do that. While yes the Russian involvement makes it a little unique, they were "manipulating" the election by helping make certain things public (while keeping other things secret) and not actually involved in voter fraud. They weren't involved in faking votes, therefore Trump was legitimately elected. He may have been legitimately elected based on skewed public information (lots of scandals for the democrats, similar scandals kept secret for republicans) but that is a lot more complex and not something that I think should lead to a "revote" or some call of illegitimacy. 

To some extent I do think he has to put his "money where his mouth is" so to speak. Just saying the guy is illegitimate and you won't go to the inaugeration, but you are going to continue to go to work daily and not pursue it further? That seems a little weak if you ask me. Either go whole hog and say you are putting together a committee to address his legitimacy or something like that, or just say you are concerned about his ability to lead and what it will mean for our country, and you think his divisive rhetoric keeps you from supporting him. He could have said he doesn't support a Trump Presidency, without using the word "illegitimate".

Meanwhile I completely agree Trump needs to grow up and try to start mending fences. He is not doing himself any favors. Pretty much the only people he is helping is late night comedy/news shows.

9 minutes ago, bcking said:

I was only ever speaking for myself, I don't pretend that my opinion is somehow the rule of the land. I was telling Nature Boy that I at least agree with him that I don't think John Lewis should have said what he said. 

As for John Lewis' responsibility to those who voted him in, even if his district primarily voted for Clinton every voter has the responsibility to respect the outcome of a democractic election. You shouldn't be able to vote if you won't do that. While yes the Russian involvement makes it a little unique, they were "manipulating" the election by helping make certain things public (while keeping other things secret) and not actually involved in voter fraud. They weren't involved in faking votes, therefore Trump was legitimately elected. He may have been legitimately elected based on skewed public information (lots of scandals for the democrats, similar scandals kept secret for republicans) but that is a lot more complex and not something that I think should lead to a "revote" or some call of illegitimacy. 

To some extent I do think he has to put his "money where his mouth is" so to speak. Just saying the guy is illegitimate and you won't go to the inaugeration, but you are going to continue to go to work daily and not pursue it further? That seems a little weak if you ask me. Either go whole hog and say you are putting together a committee to address his legitimacy or something like that, or just say you are concerned about his ability to lead and what it will mean for our country, and you think his divisive rhetoric keeps you from supporting him. He could have said he doesn't support a Trump Presidency, without using the word "illegitimate".

Meanwhile I completely agree Trump needs to grow up and try to start mending fences. He is not doing himself any favors. Pretty much the only people he is helping is late night comedy/news shows.

and what i'm saying is that (my opinion) lewis has a responsibility to say what he said.

it wasn't a democratic election. this is the whole point. the part in bold, i just don't even know where you're coming from on this. if trump's campaign, or comey, were in contact with russia and releasing selected information to sway voters then trump is illegitimate - no fake votes needed. my question is why don't you think this sort of manipulation demands a new vote? because complexity?

if he believes trump is illegitimate (as many do) why wouldn't he say exactly what he believes? trump says whatever the hell he wants with no concern as to divisiveness or even..truth.

none of this touches on lewis and trump's racist daddy's past, which i think is a connection that should be considered.

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

and what i'm saying is that (my opinion) lewis has a responsibility to say what he said.

it wasn't a democratic election. this is the whole point. the part in bold, i just don't even know where you're coming from on this. if trump's campaign, or comey, were in contact with russia and releasing selected information to sway voters then trump is illegitimate - no fake votes needed. my question is why don't you think this sort of manipulation demands a new vote? because complexity?

if he believes trump is illegitimate (as many do) why wouldn't he say exactly what he believes? trump says whatever the hell he wants with no concern as to divisiveness or even..truth.

none of this touches on lewis and trump's racist daddy's past, which i think is a connection that should be considered.

Oh. Brother.

35 minutes ago, Dakine10 said:

Perhaps "monotony of weekends" is a more apt description. 

My weekend is always full of things to do, I don't have the time to be on VJ. If I was posting on VJ every weekend, I'd have to take a long look at my quality of life.

4 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Oh. Brother.

so. if the tables were turned and hillary is about to be sworn in. us intelligence announces the whole 'grab em by the ###' tape was hacked and released to us media by russia. how do you feel now? 

22 minutes ago, Teddy B said:

My weekend is always full of things to do, I don't have the time to be on VJ. If I was posting on VJ every weekend, I'd have to take a long look at my quality of life.

Probably something most of us should do anyway, and has nothing to do with weekends.

23 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

so. if the tables were turned and hillary is about to be sworn in. us intelligence announces the whole 'grab em by the ###' tape was hacked and released to us media by russia. how do you feel now? 

Not sure what that has to do with Hillary, but I wouldn't be proclaiming impeachment pipe dreams.

3 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Not sure what that has to do with Hillary, but I wouldn't be proclaiming impeachment pipe dreams.

:lol:

34 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

Having limited/skewed information on candidates but still being allowed the freedom to vote however you choose is still a democratic election. People are told all sorts of things to help sway them to vote a certain way. Candidates put out commercials to sway voters, they go town to town and make speeches to sway voters. If one candidate decided to sit at home and do nothing while the other candidate campaigned there would be "selective information" released to the public, but it would still be democratic. A certain level of "truth" to a campaign is not required to make an election democratic. Every single campaign cycle we have candidates releasing "selective information" to help sway voters. They all release/talk about the great things they have done, and ignore the less great things. They all do it. Lots of people from within the US support candidates and help spread positive messages about particularly candidates while minimizing negative things. That is normal.

The problem with this election was a foreign power, through illegal means, attempted to sway voters. Don't get me wrong that is a huge problem, but that doesn't make the election undemocratic. It made voters less "well informed", but as I said that happens every campaign cycle. The problem is the person doing it was a foreign power who has no right to influence the information the public has access to for our election. We need to act to stop that corruption (by punishing Russia and making sure it never happens again) but that doesn't negatve the vote that the public went through.

I'm all for hating on Trump because I absolutely despise the man and what he stands for, and think he is a petulant child. However again I am not going to picket and claim he isn't my President, and if I held office I would being trying to move forward within the limits of our system of government and do my best to stop him from making horrible mistakes. John Lewis has the right to say whatever he wants, I just don't think it was appropriate. I certainly don't think he has a "responsibility", but as you say we all just have our opinions.

1 minute ago, bcking said:

Having limited/skewed information on candidates but still being allowed the freedom to vote however you choose is still a democratic election. People are told all sorts of things to help sway them to vote a certain way. Candidates put out commercials to sway voters, they go town to town and make speeches to sway voters. If one candidate decided to sit at home and do nothing while the other candidate campaigned there would be "selective information" released to the public, but it would still be democratic. A certain level of "truth" to a campaign is not required to make an election democratic. Every single campaign cycle we have candidates releasing "selective information" to help sway voters. They all release/talk about the great things they have done, and ignore the less great things. They all do it. Lots of people from within the US support candidates and help spread positive messages about particularly candidates while minimizing negative things. That is normal.

The problem with this election was a foreign power, through illegal means, attempted to sway voters. Don't get me wrong that is a huge problem, but that doesn't make the election undemocratic. It made voters less "well informed", but as I said that happens every campaign cycle. The problem is the person doing it was a foreign power who has no right to influence the information the public has access to for our election. We need to act to stop that corruption (by punishing Russia and making sure it never happens again) but that doesn't negatve the vote that the public went through.

I'm all for hating on Trump because I absolutely despise the man and what he stands for, and think he is a petulant child. However again I am not going to picket and claim he isn't my President, and if I held office I would being trying to move forward within the limits of our system of government and do my best to stop him from making horrible mistakes. John Lewis has the right to say whatever he wants, I just don't think it was appropriate. I certainly don't think he has a "responsibility", but as you say we all just have our opinions.

the fbi involvement is not your typical 'sway' - sorry but, this is a unique scenario. and thank you for all the examples of what candidates are allowed to do and not do in order to sway voters. still not seeing how this is a valid comparison.

the problem is the 'person doing it' was a foreign power who might "own" our incoming president. that makes the election undemocratic. not because voters weren't 'well informed' but because information was manipulated for a foreign power's intended result. 

given lewis' history he has a responsibility to stand up for what he believes is right; and the american people can trust his gauge of what is right - he's proven that. he also has information we don't have and the american people are at a standstill as to who in the media/government they can trust to tell them the truth right now, even if it's limited by national security. trump has not proven that his 'gauge of truth' can be trusted - only that it's broken and flip flops to whatever side the money is on. in joe lewis' case it's way more than opinion, it's responsibility and he's delivering.

5 hours ago, smilesammich said:

I would feel like it is locker room talk. It would not change the fact he did it.

So a News organization found it and released it to damage Trump and CNN immediately gave hours of coverage to women who claimed Trump made unwanted sexual advances with zero proof, who have since disappeared. But somehow you are made at the Russians... 

But hey its how you roll 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Interestingly, Lewis didn't show up for Bush either. It's becoming kind of a serial thing for some I guess.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

On 1/16/2017 at 9:51 PM, OriZ said:

Interestingly, Lewis didn't show up for Bush either. It's becoming kind of a serial thing for some I guess.

He took the snowflake challenge.

Lewis has never done anything for black people except make money and gain power by exploiting black people and flaming racial tensions at every chance. His inner city districts fester and rot, while his lust for power and money are fueled by the misery of inner city blacks and racial exploitation.   He is part of the government shackle that keeps a voting base discontent and believing that someone else is the only reason they are not successful in this great country. While he was fanning the flames of racial appeasement, Trump was meeting with Blacks that grew up in poor inner cities to start laying the ground works for attacking the festering cesspool of many of our inner cities. Jobs, education and hope, instead of no hope and more govt programs that Hobble and perpetuate  generation after generation of govt dependent families that have all but erased any semblance of a family structure.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/01/thanks_john_lewis_now_go_away.html

In his years in Congress, Lewis has done little for the district in southeast Atlanta he represents.  Dr. Tina Trent, a former liberal Democrat activist who lived in that district for a long time, explains why she is not impressed by Lewis.

As somebody who spent almost two decades in John Lewis' district trying to fix the problems of crime, poverty, and family disintegration created entirely by Lewis' politics and his political party, I speak with authority when I say that Donald Trump is completely correct when he accuses John Lewis of being all talk, no action.

But, I'd go farther than Trump.  Nearly every time John Lewis has "acted" legislatively, life for the poorest in his district has grown more dangerous, destabilized, and tragic.

While John Lewis spent the last 50 years growing rich and influential by repeating the same speech about being beat up on the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama in 1965, the people living in the crime-ridden parts of his district have spent the 50 years since then being subjected daily to violent crimes and threats of crime at least as bad and frequently far worse than what Lewis experienced, day after day, week after week, year after year – decade after decade, unabated.

There are no federal monuments to the crime victims of John Lewis' district.  These victims are barely acknowledged by Lewis himself.

For all his years in Congress, Lewis has "opposed every piece of criminal justice or welfare reform legislation that would make the people of his district safer, more self-reliant, and more prosperous," Trent writes.

The robustly self-righteous lawmaker is now in the media spotlight because he refuses to attend the inauguration of Donald Trump, who becomes president Friday.  He pigheadedly insists that Trump is not "a legitimate president" based on the flimsy, unproven theory that, in his words, "the Russians participated in helping this man get elected" at the expense of Democrat Hillary Clinton.

In light of all this, Lewis's slight of Trump and his embrace of the trendy myth, risen from the fever swamps of the left, of all-powerful Russian electoral interference are so insignificant in the vast catalog of horrors that is his career in activism and electoral politics that they are barely worth mentioning.

Lewis has spent decades trying to undermine America and siding with its enemies, as Discover the Networks has documented.

In the 1960s and '70s, he worked with members of the Socialist Workers Party and a Communist Party USA (CPUSA) front group called the National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression.

In 1989, the Sandinista-led Communist government of Nicaragua renounced a ceasefire agreement with the U.S.-backed Contra rebels, the House of Representatives voted 379 to 29 for a resolution deploring the Nicaraguan action.  Lewis was one of the 29 Democrats who voted nay.

In 1989, he was a founding member of the Institute for Southern Studies, a North Carolina-based spinoff of the seditious Marxist think-tank known as the Institute for Policy Studies.

In 2003, he wrote an op-ed for the CPUSA paper People's Weekly World, titled "An Open letter to my Colleagues in Congress: Remembering the Legacy of Martin Luther King."  In 2015, Massachusetts CPUSA leader Gary Dotterman called Lewis "my hero, my comrade, my inspiration and my friend."

In 2007, he was an honored guest at the national conference of the Democratic Socialists of America, a Marxist group.  He provided an introduction to Bernie Sanders.

In 2009, when the House voted 345 to 75 to defund the criminal, corrupt Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), Lewis voted to continue feeding taxpayer funds to the now defunct group.

Lewis supports amnesty for illegal aliens and opposes securing the border.  In 2011, he told a rally, "We all live in the same house[.] … If any one of us is illegal, then we all are illegal.  There is no illegal human being."

In 2014, after thousands of mostly unaccompanied Central American minors crossed the southern border illegally, Lewis cheered them on.  "We are all connected.  We can't just build a wall or a fence and say no more.  This is America.  Our doors are open."

Republicans who don't agree with Lewis are routinely smeared as black-hating racists.

In 2008, Lewis accused presidential running mates John McCain and Sarah Palin of "sowing the seeds of hatred and division, and there is no need for this hostility in our political discourse."  For good measure, he threw in a reference to pro-segregation Alabama Gov. George Wallace (a Democrat), implying that McCain and Palin were, like Wallace, creating:

... the climate and the conditions that encouraged vicious attacks against innocent Americans who were simply trying to exercise their constitutional rights.  Because of this atmosphere of hate, four little girls were killed on [a] Sunday morning when a church was bombed in Birmingham, Alabama.

In 2010, Lewis and other black Democrat lawmakers falsely claimed that conservative Tea Party activists shouted the "N-word" at them at an anti-Obamacare protest on the steps of Capitol Hill.  "It surprised me that people are so mean and we can't engage in a civil dialogue and debate," he said at the time.

At the Democratic National Convention in 2012, Lewis accused Republicans of trying to restore Jim Crow-like segregation in the country.

In January 2016, he hurled the George Wallace smear at Donald Trump.

I've been around a while, and Trump reminds me so much of a lot of the things that George Wallace said and did[.] … Sometimes I feel like I am reliving part of my past.  I heard it so much growing up in the South[.] … I heard it so much during the days of the civil rights movement.  As a people, I just think we could do much better.

This is not an exhaustive list.

America should give Lewis, on the whole a terrible person, a medal for his civic-minded contributions of long ago and wish him well in his retirement.

Oh, wait – we did that already.  Over and over and over again.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/01/thanks_john_lewis_now_go_away.html#ixzz4W7Vlu900 
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook