Dakine10

Trump acknowledges Putin's hand in email hacks

100 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Hadn't heard THAT one in years...

I think everyone logged on today and saw that Monkey face with lipstick on the only posts of the day, figured everyone was in jail and went back home.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This must be the "serenity of the weekends" about which some have spoken, si man...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

trump outdid himself with the john lewis tweets. really nothing more to be said, just waiting for him to screw up bigly as king prez.

17 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

trump outdid himself with the john lewis tweets. really nothing more to be said, just waiting for him to screw up bigly as king prez.

The way Trump put that poverty pimps in his place was a thing of beauty.   Lewis should not have run off at that mouth. 

7 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

The way Trump put that poverty pimps in his place was a thing of beauty.   Lewis should not have run off at that mouth. 

I agree that what Lewis said wasn't appropriate. There is clear evidence now that Russia did attempt to manipulate the election, but there is nothing public that would suggest it had a major influence on the outcome. Calling the incoming President "illegitimate" is nothing something I can support at this point. I don't like that he is the incoming President, but he is still legitimate (with a little bit of a blemish) in my eyes.

That being said I think Trump's response was, as usual, fairly immature. I don't think it is "beautiful" for a President to act like a child even in the face of criticism. I found it hilarious that he referred to someone who was involved in the civil rights movement as "All talk, no action". That was just embarassing on his part honestly.

Edited by bcking

3 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

and this is why i didn't bring it up. i disagree, john lewis is not a 'poverty pimp'. if that's how you see his district - guess who is about to be emperor poverty pimp? trump doesn't get to pick and choose what section of america he represents/leads now. not sure if that has crossed his mind though..

making a factual statement that trump is not legitimate is not 'running off at the mouth' but i totally get what man-boy trump is so insecure and doesn't want these factual statements made. hurts his fee fees. he better thicken up that orange skin.

Just now, bcking said:

I agree that what Lewis said wasn't appropriate. There is clear evidence now that Russia did attempt to manipulate the election, but there is nothing public that would suggest it had a major influence on the outcome. Calling the incoming President "illegitimate" is nothing something I can support at this point. I don't like that he is the incoming President, but he is still legitimate (with a little bit of a blemish) in my eyes.

That being said I think Trump's response was, as usual, fairly immature. I found it hilarious that he referred to someone who was involved in the civil rights movement as "All talk, no action". That was just embarassing on his part honestly.

wasn't appropriate? pfft.

While Trump was collecting his educational draft deferments in college, Lewis was organizing demonstrations, working for change, leading marches like the one in Selma, Alabama, in 1965, when marchers were attacked by state troopers and Lewis wound up with a fractured skull.

When Trump, an athletic 6-foot, 2-in 22-year-old college graduate received his final, complete, draft deferment for “bone spurs” in his feet, Lewis was still out on the streets risking everything in the movement led by Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Have we forgotten all that?

The president-elect is in a snit because Lewis has joined some other Democrats in boycotting Trump’s inauguration.

Given Russia’s intrusion into the presidential election, Lewis told NBC’s Chuck Todd, "I don't see this President-elect as a legitimate president.”

Trump got upset. Which is odd, given that Trump spent the better part of eight years perpetuating a false narrative about President Obama’s birth certificate and claiming that Obama wasn’t a legitimate president.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/ej-montini/2017/01/15/montini-donald-trump-john-lewis-civil-rights-martin-luther-king-jr-selma-alabama-freedom-riders/96614162/

7 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

I don't think it is appropriate for a member of Congress to openly claim the President isn't legitimate unless there are actual impeachment proceedings going on investigating the claim fully. Yes Russia was involved, but please show me evidence that they are responsible for Trump being elected. Did they influence things? I'm sure, but I don't think it made a huge difference honestly and while you or I (Or Trump 8 years ago) can go around saying things and questioning things about the President, I don't think it's appropriate for someone else who will need to be working in the capitol alongside the President. 

I already said that I thought Trump's response was immature and comical. Calling John Lewis a man of "all talk, no action" is quite literally a joke for, among other things, the reasons you quoted. Also yes I agree comparing his "action" to Trump's "actions" also makes it even more comical.

The fact that Trump went around calling Obama illegitimate (via the Birther issue) is different, in my mind, because he was a private citizen. Again while John Lewis CAN say those things because of the 1st Amendment, I think he has a responsibility because of his position to try to encourage some form of unity. Disagree with the man on his policies, but we have to move on and focus on governing the country. At this point arguing he is illegitimate does nothing unless they are going to try to impeach/depose the man (not sure what term you would use for it, not sure impeach applies).

11 minutes ago, bcking said:

I don't think it is appropriate for a member of Congress to openly claim the President isn't legitimate unless there are actual impeachment proceedings going on investigating the claim fully. Yes Russia was involved, but please show me evidence that they are responsible for Trump being elected. Did they influence things? I'm sure, but I don't think it made a huge difference honestly and while you or I (Or Trump 8 years ago) can go around saying things and questioning things about the President, I don't think it's appropriate for someone else who will need to be working in the capitol alongside the President. 

I already said that I thought Trump's response was immature and comical. Calling John Lewis a man of "all talk, no action" is quite literally a joke for, among other things, the reasons you quoted. Also yes I agree comparing his "action" to Trump's "actions" also makes it even more comical.

The fact that Trump went around calling Obama illegitimate (via the Birther issue) is different, in my mind, because he was a private citizen. Again while John Lewis CAN say those things because of the 1st Amendment, I think he has a responsibility because of his position to try to encourage some form of unity. Disagree with the man on his policies, but we have to move on and focus on governing the country. At this point arguing he is illegitimate does nothing unless they are going to try to impeach/depose the man (not sure what term you would use for it, not sure impeach applies).

that's your personal 'appropriateness' gauge, and also your personal crystal ball as to russian interference. doesn't really matter what you've personally deteremined from the limited information you have. congress has a bit more info and lewis made a decision based on his moral compass - which is by far a superior moral compass to trumps.

john lewis has a responsibility to represent those that voted him in, and i don't think at this point anyone knows exactly when impeachment is going to get underway. only a matter of time.

for the life of me i don't understand all this 'responsibility to unite' when trump himself is not at all taking the task to hand. sending out a tweet saying 'we will all unite' in all caps is lip service and nothing more. if he were concerned about uniting the american people, he wouldn't have disrespected a man who had his skull cracked for demanding his basic human rights.

Edited by smilesammich

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, bcking said:

Has he released his long form birth certificate yet. That has been a sticking point in the past.

QCjgyJZ.jpg