Dakine10

Trump acknowledges Putin's hand in email hacks

100 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Guess I'll have to listen to it again. All I heard was that Trump "stole" some guy's GF.  

I believe the article has a "transcript" just below the video. Honestly it isn't much. It's like one line from the columnist. 

Just now, IDWAF said:

Prostitution is legal in very few countries.  But it happens in most.  Who cares?  It's a woman's right to do with her body as she desires.

As long as she desires it. Unfortunately there are many women (both adults and minors) who are forced into prostitution for various reasons (both actual force/kidnaping, and situational force like say no money for food and having limited options). 

I have no problem with a woman freely choosing to make money by having sex. I actually think like a lot of things it should be legal and then regulated. I do feel very very sorry for girls though who end up in that line of work because they feel like they have no other options. It should be a choice, it shouldn't be the "only choice".

2 minutes ago, bcking said:

I guess I was just saying I personally don't care. I personally didn't care what Clinton did with consenting adult women. I think those actions made him a sleazy man, but if he was a good President I didn't really care. I would feel the same way about Trump, and the same way about "Pig-gate" (Though he didn't resign over that...everytime that is brought up all I can think of is the Black Mirror episode and I have to remind myself what actually happened and what was on the show hehe). 

As for telling people what they can and cannot do in their own homes/relationships, I completely agree with you. I also don't care about that. However I agree that many many people do care, yet behind closed doors they are happy with living fairly debaucherous lives.

I think we expect our Presidents to be of good moral character, to be honest, and faithful to their wives and families. History tells us this rarely happens - though there have been many good politicians and presidents that have turned out to be a good sort of upstanding person. Pig gate didn't cause him to resign (though there were also other rumours swirling over the years), but it certainly made him seem a complete and utter laughingstock ontop of all the other problems he had. America has decided to elect a raging hypocrite in all areas and a party that constantly makes a stand telling us what we can and cannot do in our bedrooms, whom we can and cannot love, and what we can and cannot do with our bodies. I'd like to know how his party intends to come to terms with that. We're soon going to reap what we've sewn sadly. And as you can see it won't be pretty.

2 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Prostitution is legal in very few countries.  But it happens in most.  Who cares?  It's a woman's right to do with her body as she desires.

So glad you finally agree. You're going to have to try hard to convince the 'moral majority' of that concept.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

31 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Ok, so I listened to this, and it has absolutely zero to do with hacking or the Russians???

tis a willful ignorance you possess. 

4 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

I think we expect our Presidents to be of good moral character, to be honest, and faithful to their wives and families. History tells us this rarely happens - though there have been many good politicians and presidents that have turned out to be a good sort of upstanding person. Pig gate didn't cause him to resign (though there were also other rumours swirling over the years), but it certainly made him seem a complete and utter laughingstock ontop of all the other problems he had. America has decided to elect a raging hypocrite in all areas and a party that constantly makes a stand telling us what we can and cannot do in our bedrooms, whom we can and cannot love, and what we can and cannot do with our bodies. I'd like to know how his party intends to come to terms with that. We're soon going to reap what we've sewn sadly. And as you can see it won't be pretty.

I expect a lot from a President, but I personally don't really expect, require or value a President that has a "normal" private life. As long as everything is legal (so I guess prostitution is a problem for that reason).

I think a person can have every single attribute required to be a good President, and like kinky sex and multiple women in his private life. 

Now you can argue that someone loose with his morals about monogamy and sexual promiscuity may be more likely to be morally loose in other more important ways (taking bribes etc...), but that isn't absolutely true. I think JFK was fairly loose in his sexual life, but as far as I'm aware he was otherwise upstanding.

Just my personal opinion. I agree that generally we expect better from our Presidents, but as you suggest we rarely get it so I don't consider it a requirement (more of a bonus).

Just now, IDWAF said:

No, I just don't have your innate ability to take such a "LEAP of faith".

my dear, you are still mid-air on your current leap of faith. i'll wait for you to plummet, trump ain't gonna catch ya.

Filed: Timeline
5 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

my dear, you are still mid-air on your current leap of faith. i'll wait for you to plummet, trump ain't gonna catch ya.

OMG, you're kidding me, right?   Show me where I have said anything about Trump being great, or the answer to our prayers.  I'll wait...

4 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

OMG, you're kidding me, right?   Show me where I have said anything about Trump being great, or the answer to our prayers.  I'll wait...

wait for what? i never said that you said either of those things, but what you have said clearly aligns your faith with trump/russia/illegal activity is suddenly okay because everyone does it. i've noticed you're wishy washy on what illegal activity you apathetically accept and what legal activity you clearly detest..

Edited by smilesammich

8 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

wait for what? i never said that you said either of those things, but what you have said clearly aligns your faith with trump/russia/illegal activity is suddenly okay because everyone does it. i've noticed you're wishy washy on what illegal activity you apathetically accept and what legal activity you clearly detest..

The Russians apparently successfully hacked the DNC.  If we are being told this, why?  To focus our attention on one thing.  I can assure you that the DNC is not the only target of foreign nations spy efforts.  I would imagine that more than the DNC was hacked, but we will not be told the full details of the damage.  That would be suicide for our own intelligence services.  It's not suddenly okay because everyone does it.  It's just the way things are, and have been since before you and I were born.  And I would imagine it will continue long after we are gone.  It's not the first time we got hacked, and it won't be the last.  I'm just not up in arms about it because A) It's been going on forever, and 2) What can we do about it?  Personally, and as a nation?  I say nothing, and not much, if anything.  But we shall see what transpires in the coming months I reckon.

The point being, I shall not plummet, because I have said and done nothing to put Trump on high, outside of I am glad he got hired over Hillary.

Not sure what you are alluding to with the last sentence, so you'll have to clarify.

Edited by IDWAF

1 hour ago, IDWAF said:

The fact that our own people allowed the hack to happen bothers me.  The fact that the Russians tried doesn't.  If Trump played golden shower games with prostitutes, that bothers me not one bit.  He's a grown man, that's his business.  

I just want to see the video a few times  .. Then I will decide

1 minute ago, IDWAF said:

The Russians apparently successfully hacked the DNC.  If we are being told this, why?  To focus our attention on one thing.  I can assure you that the DNC is not the only target of foreign nations spy efforts.  I would imagine that more than the DNC was hacked, but we will not be told the full details of the damage.  That would be suicide for our own intelligence services.  It's not suddenly okay because everyone does it.  It's just the way things are, and have been since before you and I were born.  And I would imagine it will continue long after we are gone.  It's not the first time we got hacked, and it won't be the last.  I'm just not up in arms about it because A) It's been going on forever, and 2) What can we do about it?  Personally, and as a nation?  I say nothing, and not much, if anything.  But we shall see what transpires in the coming months I reckon.

Not sure what you are alluding to with the last sentence, so you'll have to clarify.

you keep ignoring the possibility that not only the dnc was hacked AND the possibility that russia has a few strings stitched into snowy-grab 'em-trump. i stopped reading after your first sentence. 

oh you trickster, like i'm going to go off topic like that. think hard. social topics, personal freedom, the law.

16 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

you keep ignoring the possibility that not only the dnc was hacked AND the possibility that russia has a few strings stitched into snowy-grab 'em-trump. i stopped reading after your first sentence. 

oh you trickster, like i'm going to go off topic like that. think hard. social topics, personal freedom, the law.

20 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

The point being, I shall not plummet, because I have said and done nothing to put Trump on high, outside of I am glad he got hired over Hillary.

At least ONE of us is ignoring things, to be sure...  :whistle: :whistle: