Dakine10

Trump acknowledges Putin's hand in email hacks

100 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
6 hours ago, Teddy B said:

I believe that was already addressed by the American voters on Nov. 8th.

It was, and to this day, the left is STILL trying to do their best to keep Trump out of office.  All in vain & money wasted, I might add.

While I am not happy with the idea of the Russians trying to hack us and influence an election (or gain data that could be used against us), I hope everyone realizes that we do it to them, too.  And other countries.   Surely I am not the only one here who remembers OneVoice?  Or that Netanyahu was very critical of Obama's proposed Iran deal?  Can there possibly be a link between the $350,000 that Obama allowed to be sent to OneVoice, the group trying to keep Netanyahu out of power, and Obama's own agenda with Iran?

To curse Russia for hacking our stuff is akin to cursing a used car salesman for using all means within his/her arsenal to sell a car.  We do it to them.  They do it to us.  Sometimes, we win (think: Cold War).  Sometimes, as Murphy dictates, they will win.  As I said in another post... it happened.  It's over.  Now what are we, as a nation, going to do about it?  Shall we go to war with Russia?  Shall we impose economic sanctions against them?  Shall we ask Putin to turn over all the data he has on us?  Or do we just move on, improve our security, and try to keep it from happening again?  What is the proper course?  And more importantly, how do We The People, who know perhaps 1/100th of the truth and depth of the hacking info, even begin to make an informed decision?

Back in the day, J. Edgar Hoover was quite the formidable FBI director.  But His files... Ahhh, when the leaks happen, great men may fall.  Let's see where the fallout lies, and who has enough power and money to keep the leaks from hitting the street.

18 hours ago, IDWAF said:

It was, and to this day, the left is STILL trying to do their best to keep Trump out of office.  All in vain & money wasted, I might add.

While I am not happy with the idea of the Russians trying to hack us and influence an election (or gain data that could be used against us), I hope everyone realizes that we do it to them, too.  And other countries.   Surely I am not the only one here who remembers OneVoice?  Or that Netanyahu was very critical of Obama's proposed Iran deal?  Can there possibly be a link between the $350,000 that Obama allowed to be sent to OneVoice, the group trying to keep Netanyahu out of power, and Obama's own agenda with Iran?

To curse Russia for hacking our stuff is akin to cursing a used car salesman for using all means within his/her arsenal to sell a car.  We do it to them.  They do it to us.  Sometimes, we win (think: Cold War).  Sometimes, as Murphy dictates, they will win.  As I said in another post... it happened.  It's over.  Now what are we, as a nation, going to do about it?  Shall we go to war with Russia?  Shall we impose economic sanctions against them?  Shall we ask Putin to turn over all the data he has on us?  Or do we just move on, improve our security, and try to keep it from happening again?  What is the proper course?  And more importantly, how do We The People, who know perhaps 1/100th of the truth and depth of the hacking info, even begin to make an informed decision?

Back in the day, J. Edgar Hoover was quite the formidable FBI director.  But His files... Ahhh, when the leaks happen, great men may fall.  Let's see where the fallout lies, and who has enough power and money to keep the leaks from hitting the street.

are you happy with the idea of a man cementing his family dyna$ty via political positioning?

if our president elect is only in that position because leaks were orchestrated to make him somehow appeal (like a golden #######) to american voters over hillary, you can't just sweep that under the rug and move on just because you don't like hillary and the leaks reinforced that dislike. you understand that there is a credible possibility that there is just as much dirt - if not way more - on trump and the GOP that wasn't leaked intentionally? does it not bother you that trump and russia are over-protesting the legitimacy of the contents of the dossier? i just don't understand how you can wonder how 'we the people' can even begin to make an informed decision without having the a larger percentage of perceived 'truth' when your reinforcement is only trump and putin, telling you that they're telling the truth. and THAT to me is ridiculously naive.

11 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

All that recording shows is the gossip columnist claiming that Trump bragged about. Trump didn't brag about it himself.

That being said, even if we had audio of Trump bragging about prostitutes in hotel rooms in Russia I don't think it would matter much. The people who fawn over him would just call it more "Locker Room Talk" and cite the fact that with Trump a lot of times what he says isn't what he means, and we clearly have to read between the lines. When he brags about prostitutes, or assaulting women, he is really saying "I have the utmost respect for all women, and I am faithful to my wife". You just have to listen really closely. Maybe play it backwards? 

EDIT: I forgot - His fan club would also say "That was years ago...he was a young man in his 50's back then. Bragging about prostitutes in hotel rooms back then, he is a changed man. He's grown up so much since then."

Edited by bcking

1 minute ago, bcking said:

All that recording shows is the gossip columnist claiming that Trump bragged about. Trump didn't brag about it himself.

That being said, even if we had audio of Trump bragging about prostitutes in hotel rooms in Russia I don't think it would matter much. The people who fawn over him would just call it more "Locker Room Talk" and cite the fact that with Trump a lot of times what he says isn't what he means, and we clearly have to read between the lines. When he brags about prostitutes, or assaulting women, he is really saying "I have the utmost respect for all women, and I am faithful to my wife". You just have to listen really closely. Maybe play it backwards? 

So basically we have an intelligence report saying Russia has a compromising video of Trump. We have a gossip columnist saying Trump bragged about going to Russia and having wild sex with women who "have no morals." And we have Trump himself saying he's well aware of the fact that in hotel rooms in places like Russia, you are definitely recorded by cameras.

It almost seems like whether or not you think Russia actually has a damning sex tape comes down to one simple question: Do you think calling a gossip reporter and bragging about debauched overseas sex sounds like something Donald Trump would do? I don't know, but someone should ask Billy Bush, if they can find him

Just now, bcking said:

I know smiles...I was getting a jump start on Trumpettes.

lol. for a second there i was like, OMG POD PEOPLE TAKEOVER HAS MOST CERTAINLY BEGUN.

The fact that our own people allowed the hack to happen bothers me.  The fact that the Russians tried doesn't.  If Trump played golden shower games with prostitutes, that bothers me not one bit.  He's a grown man, that's his business.  

Just now, IDWAF said:

The fact that our own people allowed the hack to happen bothers me.  The fact that the Russians tried doesn't.  If Trump played golden shower games with prostitutes, that bothers me not one bit.  He's a grown man, that's his business.  

Ya I actually have a bigger problem with the things he bragged about on the hot mic.

In Russia I assume prostitution is legal (I assume?). If so, as long as they were consenting adults and he paid them (he does have a habit of not paying people after they perform a service...) then I have no problem with what he does with prostitutes. Bragging about forcing himself on women is a bigger issue with me.

Honestly even if all of this stuff is true (which I accept it may not be), if the most Russia really had on Trump was videos of him with a prostitute it wasn't really that great of blackmail. Trump has spun a lot worse than that. I'm actually surprised Trump hasn't just come out and admitted to it and been like "Yep, did that, because I am so awesome the prostitutes begged me to do it. Because, you know, I'm awesome and great. Just so great."

Just now, IDWAF said:

Ok, so I listened to this, and it has absolutely zero to do with hacking or the Russians???

It had to do with the leaked Trump stuff. The claim is Trump did a bunch of crazy stuff with prostitutes, and that audio has a gossip columnist 10 years ago saying that Trump bragged about the sex he had in Russia. So it just sort of fits with the narrative.

8 minutes ago, bcking said:

Ya I actually have a bigger problem with the things he bragged about on the hot mic.

In Russia I assume prostitution is legal (I assume?). If so, as long as they were consenting adults and he paid them (he does have a habit of not paying people after they perform a service...) then I have no problem with what he does with prostitutes. Bragging about forcing himself on women is a bigger issue with me.

Honestly even if all of this stuff is true (which I accept it may not be), if the most Russia really had on Trump was videos of him with a prostitute it wasn't really that great of blackmail. Trump has spun a lot worse than that. I'm actually surprised Trump hasn't just come out and admitted to it and been like "Yep, did that, because I am so awesome the prostitutes begged me to do it. Because, you know, I'm awesome and great. Just so great."

It's not. But... for a few rubles they will look the other way Comrade. ;)

If no one cares what affairs someone has or what kinky stuff they get up to in the privacy of their own bedrooms and offices, then why is it so many of our 'moral men' and 'leaders' resign in disgrace? What were the Clinton years all about? All the ladies Trump brought out during the debates? Ted Cruz's The Thing that Trump spread around.. How about Pig-gate in the UK? And why does Trump and his party insist upon what we the people can and cannot do in our own homes and relationships?

But that's all a distraction of course. The real juicy stuff is getting overlooked.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

6 minutes ago, bcking said:

It had to do with the leaked Trump stuff. The claim is Trump did a bunch of crazy stuff with prostitutes, and that audio has a gossip columnist 10 years ago saying that Trump bragged about the sex he had in Russia. So it just sort of fits with the narrative.

Guess I'll have to listen to it again. All I heard was that Trump "stole" some guy's GF.  

1 minute ago, yuna628 said:

It's not. But... for a few rubles they will look the other way Comrade.

If no one cares what affairs someone has or what kinky stuff they get up to in the privacy of their own bedrooms and offices, then why is it so many of our 'moral men' and 'leaders' resign in disgrace? What were the Clinton years all about? How about Pig-gate in the UK? And why does Trump and his party insist upon what we the people can and cannot do in our own homes and relationships?

I guess I was just saying I personally don't care. I personally didn't care what Clinton did with consenting adult women. I think those actions made him a sleazy man, but if he was a good President I didn't really care. I would feel the same way about Trump, and the same way about "Pig-gate" (Though he didn't resign over that...everytime that is brought up all I can think of is the Black Mirror episode and I have to remind myself what actually happened and what was on the show hehe). 

As for telling people what they can and cannot do in their own homes/relationships, I completely agree with you. I also don't care about that. However I agree that many many people do care, yet behind closed doors they are happy with living fairly debaucherous lives.