The Nature  Boy

Trump Destroyed CNN reporter

93 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
17 hours ago, smilesammich said:

um, no. all presidents do not want to 'control the media'.

and really? FDR - gee i wonder why a president would need to control commentary about having a disability in the 30/40s..i hear folks way back then were big on equality for invalids.

Then why do all presidents have spin advisors, spokespeople, and media offices.  Controlling the media is not just about singling out a news network, but it includes filtering the information that is released, not actually answering the questions asked, not allowing follow up questions, and treating the media with disdain.  the only difference is how it is done.  If you follow the political science techniques of seasoned politicians it might not look so bad, or if you hit them head on like Trump does, you get heat.  I realize the left is in a tizzy over some reporter at a press conference getting disrespected, but I again ask, who cares.

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Then why do all presidents have spin advisors, spokespeople, and media offices.  Controlling the media is not just about singling out a news network, but it includes filtering the information that is released, not actually answering the questions asked, not allowing follow up questions, and treating the media with disdain.  the only difference is how it is done.  If you follow the political science techniques of seasoned politicians it might not look so bad, or if you hit them head on like Trump does, you get heat.  I realize the left is in a tizzy over some reporter at a press conference getting disrespected, but I again ask, who cares.

there's a difference between controlling your statement/image in the media and controlling the media. you know that.

as far as the tizzy goes, i think you misunderstand the tizzy - but i get it, you don't care. why comment on it at all?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

there's a difference between controlling your statement/image in the media and controlling the media. you know that.

as far as the tizzy goes, i think you misunderstand the tizzy - but i get it, you don't care. why comment on it at all?

Because it is fun to see the Left now having to defend the fake news coming out of their beloved news organizations!

????

1 hour ago, Bill & Katya said:

Because it is fun to see the Left now having to defend the fake news coming out of their beloved news organizations!

????

only if you're delusional concerning what constitutes fake news.

3 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

????

I'm trying to find the original article CNN ran following Buzzfeed's original article. I can't seem to find it so correct me if I'm wrong.

I was under the impression that Buzzfeed ran a report that included details. CNN then ran an article stating that Obama and Trump had been briefed about the claims, but that they were unsubstantiated claims.

CNN didn't report anything fake? Trump and Obama were briefed about the dossier containing unsubstantiated claims. CNN just reported that. As far as I was aware they didn't actually give any details of the claims like Buzzfeed did. 

Does anyone have a link to the original article? 

50 minutes ago, bcking said:

I'm trying to find the original article CNN ran following Buzzfeed's original article. I can't seem to find it so correct me if I'm wrong.

I was under the impression that Buzzfeed ran a report that included details. CNN then ran an article stating that Obama and Trump had been briefed about the claims, but that they were unsubstantiated claims.

CNN didn't report anything fake? Trump and Obama were briefed about the dossier containing unsubstantiated claims. CNN just reported that. As far as I was aware they didn't actually give any details of the claims like Buzzfeed did.

Does anyone have a link to the original article?

No but they reported that some guy had traveled somewhere but had to retract that, as they had the wrong name

1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

No but they reported that some guy had traveled somewhere but had to retract that, as they had the wrong name

wrong again. common name, wrong guy.

the dossier had been around but media was sitting on it. buzzfeed took the plunge, other media outlets followed suit.

I think we just need to be consistent with what is considered "fake". 

Reporting on the existence of the documents, and reporting that both President Obama and President-Elect Trump were informed about the documents is NOT fake news. THe document exists, and they were both briefed on the contents.

I even would go so far as to say that actually mentioning what is in the document is not necessarily "fake news" as long as you make it clear that the claims are unsubstantiated. 

The only thing that would be "fake news" in this scenario would be reporting on the documents as if they are fact. To my knowledge CNN (Nor Buzzfeed) did that.

26 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

wrong again. common name, wrong guy.

the dossier had been around but media was sitting on it. buzzfeed took the plunge, other media outlets followed suit.

Thats exactly what I said 

5 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Thats exactly what I said 

I think Smile was saying that it was the right name, wrong guy. Instead of the wrong name, wrong guy. The name matched but it wasn't actually him.

30 minutes ago, bcking said:

I think Smile was saying that it was the right name, wrong guy. Instead of the wrong name, wrong guy. The name matched but it wasn't actually him.

Thanks for clarifying.  The jest of what I was trying to say was they same. It made perfect sense when mansplained 

Edited by Nature Boy Flair

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
47 minutes ago, bcking said:

I think we just need to be consistent with what is considered "fake". 

Reporting on the existence of the documents, and reporting that both President Obama and President-Elect Trump were informed about the documents is NOT fake news. THe document exists, and they were both briefed on the contents.

I even would go so far as to say that actually mentioning what is in the document is not necessarily "fake news" as long as you make it clear that the claims are unsubstantiated. 

The only thing that would be "fake news" in this scenario would be reporting on the documents as if they are fact. To my knowledge CNN (Nor Buzzfeed) did that.

Exactly !

It is beyond me that this is so hard for some people to grasp. If it was about Hillary it would have been headlines on Breitbart and Fox.
CNN always said it was not fact and that is what some here conveniently leave out and start spinning and doing the twist. Oh the adoring
Trumpettes is all I can say.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

1 hour ago, Ebunoluwa said:

Exactly !

It is beyond me that this is so hard for some people to grasp. If it was about Hillary it would have been headlines on Breitbart and Fox.
CNN always said it was not fact and that is what some here conveniently leave out and start spinning and doing the twist. Oh the adoring

I think in most situations "unsubstantiated reports" are better left not reported on until they are "substantiated".

However I think in this situation you had both the current President and the President-Elect being briefed on the 'unsubstantiated' report. I think that was enough to make it news worthy. It still may not be true, but it was a big enough deal to tell the President about it.

Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, Ebunoluwa said:

Exactly !

That is how it works now, and it shows that there really is no unbiased media outlets anymore.  The media on one side will say something and leave out some facts, and the media that favors the other side will refute (fact check) them.  So that is the basis for saying it is possible for all outlets to distribute fake or incomplete news.  CNN, NYT, WaPo, ABC, NBC, CBS do not have any more credibility than FNC or Briebart now.