amul

Has anyone side loaded a CR1 RFE?

96 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, agripa said:

Looks like a solid list! Maybe include a scan of your passport pages with stamps showing entry/exit into India. Also, did you have any witnesses at your Mandir wedding or friends come to the courthouse with you? You could get some sworn affidavits from them stating they attended the wedding and/or were present when you applied for the marriage certificate.

Yay, great! :dance:

Oh, yes -- two of our friends came with us as witnesses. Ok, I will have them write an affidavit. Umm, how do I make the affidavit a sworn one? :blush:

Thank you so much!

Edited by amul

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Here's a template my cousin's lawyer had him use --

Affidavit of [INSERT FULL NAME]

I, [Full Name], being duly sworn under penalty of perjury do hereby affirm and say that:

1. My complete name is [INSERT FULL NAME].
  2. I was born on [INSERT DATE] in [INSERT CITY,COUNTRY].
  3. I currently reside at [INSERT CURRENT POSTAL ADDRESS].
  4. The [petitioner/applicant], [INSERT YOU OR YOUR HUSBAND'S FULL NAME HERE DEPENDING ON WHO'S FRIEND/RELATIVE IT IS], is my friend. I have known him for XX years.
  5. I attended their wedding on [INSERT DATE] at [INSERT LOCATION]. It was a traditional Hindu wedding.
  6. I swear under penalty of perjury that the above statements are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Have them take this letter to a notary and sign it in the notaries presence. They'll then stamp your letter. This last step is optional, and NOT required, but I believe adds some credibility to the affidavit.

Timeline
Just now, agripa said:

Here's a template my cousin's lawyer had him use --

Affidavit of [INSERT FULL NAME]

I, [Full Name], being duly sworn under penalty of perjury do hereby affirm and say that:

1. My complete name is [INSERT FULL NAME].
  2. I was born on [INSERT DATE] in [INSERT CITY,COUNTRY].
  3. I currently reside at [INSERT CURRENT POSTAL ADDRESS].
  4. The [petitioner/applicant], [INSERT YOU OR YOUR HUSBAND'S FULL NAME HERE DEPENDING ON WHO'S FRIEND/RELATIVE IT IS], is my friend. I have known him for XX years.
  5. I attended their wedding on [INSERT DATE] at [INSERT LOCATION]. It was a traditional Hindu wedding.
  6. I swear under penalty of perjury that the above statements are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Have them take this letter to a notary and sign it in the notaries presence. They'll then stamp your letter. This last step is optional, and NOT required, but I believe adds some credibility to the affidavit.

Purrrrrfect! Thank you so much! :energy:

Spoiler

USCIS
02/20/17 RFE Response

NVC 

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

ROC

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

No problem. Also, you can feel free to add more points to the letter. It'd help if they made some gushy remarks about how sweet your wedding was or something like that. Just have them describe in their own words your ceremony. Don't make it too long, and try and keep it under a page. With these letters you're just trying to add some credibility to your marriage certificate (i.e., that the wedding took place).

Timeline
1 minute ago, agripa said:

No problem. Also, you can feel free to add more points to the letter. It'd help if they made some gushy remarks about how sweet your wedding was or something like that. Just have them describe in their own words your ceremony. Don't make it too long, and try and keep it under a page. With these letters you're just trying to add some credibility to your marriage certificate (i.e., that the wedding took place).

Will do! :thumbs:

Thank you again! :star:

Spoiler

USCIS
02/20/17 RFE Response

NVC 

ROC

Filed: Timeline
On 1/13/2017 at 7:28 PM, KierenHby said:

While scrolling through the thread, the post caught my eye.

While you may view others' comments as you see fit, bear in mind this is a volunteer forum. A post that appears negative in your opinion isn't always necessarily so. You were offered factual advice by experienced members or by those otherwise versed in US laws. It's your right to accept or ignore advice on a public forum. You have the option to report anyone you feel called you evil; mods are your friends too. 

While I won't delve into details, as best as I remember, your case had several flags and hurdles to overcome in India. 

With all due respect, I do know need to know anything from you.

Just you to know, I was looking some advise on how to bring my wife to US than these so-called "experienced" members' personal opinions to tell me that I should go back to India to live with my wife. Whether I go to India or not, or go to any other country, its my wife and mine decision. I didn't ask anyone to tell me what I should do if they deny my wife's case; rather I was looking how to move from here to bring my wife to US. If they could have offered any information then its fine but telling me that I should move to India to live with my wife, is ridiculous. And then questioning how and when my ex wife claimed me as a dependent on her tax returns...etc..etc...like digging up all those questions which were totally irrelevant but of course they have to play a role of Moral Police of this site...I mean, how and when my ex wife claimed me as a dependent what to do with bringing my wife to the US?? IRS doesn't have problem my ex wife to have claimed me as a dependent nor USCIS...neither CO...Consular officer just surprised that ex wife is sponsoring my current wife, but there is nothing illegal nor immoral of it. Just because some people might not have heard of it or their personal thinking on this is different than it doesn't mean it is illegal and immoral. I knew what I was doing when I chose my ex wife to be the co-sponsor for my current wife. I'm not a dumb. I'm so ready to take the matter to Federal courts if ever Consular officer denies my wife's case on this reason. Anyway, I do not want to discuss anything on this thread nor I want to talk anything with you. I know so well how things play out on this site by these so-called 'experienced members". So please ignore my this posting as I'm not going to respond. 

Edited by Penguin_ie

On January 13, 2017 at 9:43 PM, amul said:

Will do! :thumbs:

Thank you again! :star:

Also, it is VERY important to know that the full name, address and telephone number of each person MUST be provided who will make the affidavit. However, keep it mind that affidavits don't carry much weight, but pictures together with friends and family as couple do play a big role. Further, as I said earlier on this thread that please do have religious/traditional colorful wedding because even if USCIS will approve your case, yet still it means nothing because US Embassy is more interested to see religious/traditional wedding. I'm also going to India on 27th of this month for two months. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Jaanu2017 said:

Also, it is VERY important to know that the full name, address and telephone number of each person MUST be provided who will make the affidavit. However, keep it mind that affidavits don't carry much weight, but pictures together with friends and family as couple do play a big role. Further, as I said earlier on this thread that please do have religious/traditional colorful wedding because even if USCIS will approve your case, yet still it means nothing because US Embassy is more interested to see religious/traditional wedding. I'm also going to India on 27th of this month for two months. 

Yes, I agree -- the friend affidavits seem like reaching a bit. However, what do you think if we got an affidavit from the Pandit who performed our ceremony? 

We will have a small gathering with friends and celebrate for sure. Have a safe and wonderful trip! :)

Spoiler

USCIS
02/20/17 RFE Response

NVC 

ROC

24 minutes ago, amul said:

Yes, I agree -- the friend affidavits seem like reaching a bit. However, what do you think if we got an affidavit from the Pandit who performed our ceremony? 

We will have a small gathering with friends and celebrate for sure. Have a safe and wonderful trip! :)

Affidavit from anyone, including from Pandit, doesn't carry much weight. The Arya Samaj Mandir's marriage certificate itself is a proof that you were married there and it must contain the name of the priest as well. I got married in Arya Samaj Mandir in Ghaziabad (UP). So, I got a marriage certificate from them that has pandit's name as well. But for the sake of interview, you should get your religious/traditional marriage in colorful environment for US embassy to get convinced...which we didn't have which raised their eyebrow...So Im going to have now on Valentine Day...All is set out now for me. I'm taking with me 500 pages of my Whatsapp chat history, 300 pages of telephone calls history since I married with my wife. I didn't have honeymoon so far, so going to have next month...so gonna have tons of tons of pictures to show to them either if she is asked to have 2nd interview or once they would deny then I would refile the case with huge load of quality and quality evidences...And we have also discussed to plan to have baby soon...so soon she would be pregnant...even though pregnancy won't prove much, but kid does after DNA match...but I am determined to do anything and everything to prove to them that its bonafide marriage.

I just underestimated them based on how things went so smoothly in my previous marriages....But then those cases were here in the US with USCIS. This is the first time I dealt with US embassy and didn't know that they do look for everything before issuing a visa; otherwise I would have done things differently. Anyway, not a big deal. Just time wasted. People can file a case as many time as they wish. Also, I have checked everywhere that if USCIS would revoke my wife's approved petition then we can file appeal with Board of Appeal and then Federal Court. But I would just reapply for her with tons of tons very compelling and convincing evidences and by then we might have baby too. My marriage would be 2 years next month. And when I would re-file then I would keep my ex wife out of the picture which has caused their eyebrow raised this time. Anyway, I'm not worried anymore because Im all set to do better next time around and in the meantime going to spend as much as time possible with her in India...so never going to be apart anyway...one way or another. ...I just came back from India anyway in the 2nd week of November and now going back again there too....Hopefully, all this would work out just fine for all of us....:)

Edited by Jaanu2017

25 minutes ago, amul said:

Were you married in bridal dress with those Indian traditional one in Arya Samaj Mandir with faire were taken too around the fire? That's what they are interested in there...I will be browsing here from India too...B-)

1 hour ago, Jaanu2017 said:

Just you to know, I was looking some advise on how to bring my wife to US

Certainly plenty of advice for ya there, take it or leave it; your choice of course. Peace out

:ot2:

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Jaanu2017 said:

Were you married in bridal dress with those Indian traditional one in Arya Samaj Mandir with faire were taken too around the fire? That's what they are interested in there...I will be browsing here from India too...B-)

No I wore one of my salwar kameez suits :innocent: and yes, the fire and the whole bit, but you know I have no idea what was said, I simply followed the hand gestures and translation from hubby.

Spoiler

USCIS
02/20/17 RFE Response

NVC 

ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** One post edited for language and personal attacks. Be civil, or do not post ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Jaanu2017 said:

Affidavit from anyone, including from Pandit, doesn't carry much weight. The Arya Samaj Mandir's marriage certificate itself is a proof that you were married there and it must contain the name of the priest as well. I got married in Arya Samaj Mandir in Ghaziabad (UP). So, I got a marriage certificate from them that has pandit's name as well. But for the sake of interview, you should get your religious/traditional marriage in colorful environment for US embassy to get convinced...

Yes, same with us, we got all that on the certificate. Will be planning something small yet colorful for sure. :thumbs:

Spoiler

USCIS
02/20/17 RFE Response

NVC 

ROC

8 hours ago, amul said:

Yes, same with us, we got all that on the certificate. Will be planning something small yet colorful for sure. :thumbs:

Yes, just have some kind of colorful ceremony even it would be a small one because its sad but the reality that the consular officers in India are more focused on colorful religious/traditional wedding with whole nine yards....So do that at least before the interview...;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.