Tab6282

Getting married June 3rd

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi! My name is Tabitha and I am new to this page. My fiancee lives in Jamaica and we are getting married June 3rd in Jamaica. Can you all please help me out as to what we need to do? We are both new to this and we don't want to miss anything or do anything to cause delays. Any and all advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Welcome.

This website has everything you need to learn the process. Please follow the guides. 

http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

5 minutes ago, Tab6282 said:

I don't even know what Visa we are applying for. I am so lost in this process. 

In the link I provided the very first topic is titled "Begin here: What visa do I need" Click on that link and start there.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

I will be in the stateshower while the paper work is processed. He goes you Kingston on February 2nd for an appointment for a B-2. I'm so nervous.

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, Tab6282 said:

I will be in the stateshower while the paper work is processed. He goes you Kingston on February 2nd for an appointment for a B-2. I'm so nervous.

A B2 is a tourist visa. Is your fiancé planning on coming to visit you in the US before you go and visit him to get married in Jamaica? It might be hard to prove ties to his home country, given that he plans to marry you and move to the US very soon.

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Brit1 said:

A B2 is a tourist visa. Is your fiancé planning on coming to visit you in the US before you go and visit him to get married in Jamaica? It might be hard to prove ties to his home country, given that he plans to marry you and move to the US very soon.

We are not telling them we are gettingredients married for the B-2. We are telling that he is coming to meet my family (which is the truth). 

6 minutes ago, Tab6282 said:

We are not telling them we are gettingredients married for the B-2. We are telling that he is coming to meet my family (which is the truth). 

As soon as you say "we are not telling them..." then it's a risky move. They will ask why he's coming over, and if "meeting my girlfriend's family" is the answer, then that will raise suspicions. I would prepare him for the obvious next question "are you planning on getting married", and answer without lying.

Not saying the tourist visa will be denied, and I sounds like you're planning everything above board, but remember that it is the immigration officers job to be suspicious. For a tourist visa, he must prove stronger ties to his home county than the US. With a fiancée that he is planning on marrying and moving to live with, this may be hard to do so.

3 minutes ago, Tab6282 said:

His son lIves with him right now. He is telling them that, so I am thinking that should be a strongood enough tie. What do you think?

Well, if he's planning on moving to the US then it can't be that strong a tie...  I'm not saying you'll be denied, just advising the line of questioning that the interview officer may very well go down. And if your fiancé lies at all during the interview, and this comes to light later, he could very well be denied an immigrant visa on that basis.

Also, just so you are aware, you cannot file for the CR-1 until you're married, and then it could take a year for the visa to be issued. So you'll be talking around one and a half years from no worries before he can move to live with you.

2 minutes ago, Tab6282 said:

We are planning on bringing his son to live with us after we get him here and settled. His son will be staying with family while he visits. 

I see, so then the son is not a tie to Jamaica at all. Anyway, these are just things to be mindful of. If you apply for the B2, the worst thing that can happen is you get denied and lose the application fee.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Tab6282 said:

His son lIves with him right now. He is telling them that, so I am thinking that should be a strongood enough tie. What do you think?

Nope...children are routinely left.  Do a search and see

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.