majohn216

Visa denied

46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, majohn216 said:

Aaron are u sure? I'm so scared and don't want to mess up again. They didn't ask for drug tests or anything because his test result was negative. They jus said when the ban expires....email them for another interview and schedule the medical.

You're not denied, just delayed??. It's disappointing but don't be afraid, just take some time to get your strength and hope back and keep pressing forward! I know it's easier said than done but be encouraged!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know n I'm calm...i jus don't want anymore problems. I appreciate some of u guys feedback n I will definitely take heed. Nothing to do now but make future plans n wait it out. Also, if any of u guys know...will they use the same info for the affidavit of support or will I need to bring 2016 tax info?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So when the ban is up and we do the medical and interview again..how do we answer that same question of has he river tried weed? If we say no..we are lying n he may be banned 4 life...they already have the first paperwork where he admitted to it a long time ago..so wat do we say the second time?

Majohn breathe.

When your husband goes to the new medical exam and they ask about past use he will be honest and say yes.  And then they will ask him how long has it been and again he will be honest.  Then they will see that he has not used since his last medical and he will be approved...all other factors remaining the same.  This is not double jeopardy.  He serves the ban once.  As long as he remains clean...does not use again it will be fine.

You will need to update financial forms and police record.  As I stated before, email the embassy near the end of the ban and they will instruct you.

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

Aaron are u sure? I'm so scared and don't want to mess up again. They didn't ask for drug tests or anything because his test result was negative. They jus said when the ban expires....email them for another interview and schedule the medical.

See just like I said.  Yes I am sure.  My husband and I went through this exact thing with the KIngston embassy.

I can also vouch for Lioness' experience with this situation. She shared her journey with the board.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
2 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

I can also vouch for Lioness' experience with this situation. She shared her journey with the board.

Thanks Nuestra....and what a journey we had lol.  :yes:  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Actually this happened to a good friend of mine, her fiancé' admitted smoking hash, he was banned for 1 year, after a year, embassy called, told him get new physical, he did, they sent the results to embassy, he was called again, said bring your passport, he did, he was issued the visa.   He has been here now 4 years in USA.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 minutes ago, fuller said:

When you do the medical examination and if marijuana is found in your system, do the doctors tell you or you learn of it at the interview?

No, doctors don't tell you anything,   The embassy sees the medical results before interview.   That is how they knew he lied.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Beth & Achraf said:

No, doctors don't tell you anything,   The embassy sees the medical results before interview.   That is how they knew he lied.

Knew how who lied?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, majohn216 said:

Husband was denied visa because he just admitted to smoking ganja in his 20s. Drug test negative. He was banned for 1 year. Is there anything we can do about this? I need him so bad. Please help us

It's really unfortunate and I think they are really being unreasonable, I'm sorry I can't help you but I do wish you well and someone here can give you great advice!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

He's not "banned." He was found ineligible as a drug abuser. He has to comply with the panel physician's instructions, which would generally entail showing remission through clean drug tests for a year. When the doctor is satisfied she will issue him a clean medical exam and you can go forward with your case. If it's been more than a year then yes he would need a new interview appointment. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, javadown2 said:

It's really unfortunate and I think they are really being unreasonable, I'm sorry I can't help you but I do wish you well and someone here can give you great advice!

Not unreasonable, they're going by federal law.

op, the year will go by faster than you know 

Timeline
11 hours ago, ConOfficer said:

He's not "banned." He was found ineligible as a drug abuser. He has to comply with the panel physician's instructions, which would generally entail showing remission through clean drug tests for a year. When the doctor is satisfied she will issue him a clean medical exam and you can go forward with your case. If it's been more than a year then yes he would need a new interview appointment. 

You serve a one year ban to overcome the inadmissibility.  Kingston embassy does not request follow up drug testing during that one year for these cases.  When the new medical exam is completed and results are received by the Kingston embassy they will make the determination to grant the visa or not.

OP, embassies can vary in their process of handling this.  You can private message me if you have any questions with Jamaica embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.