tcotez

help!!!!! help!!! help!!!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

We paid some amount of during the filling of the k1 visa. And now the case has successfully passed through USCIS to NVC and in my country ready for an interview.
But I called the embassy today to find out about the interview and all what they keep asking me is have  I payed for visa fee. I don't know if they are referring to the money we payed during the filling or this different money you have to pay before the interview.

Please help me:(.

You all know how it feels when you have no idea about visa related.

Edited by tcotez

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would think that they are maybe on about the MRV payment which is usually paid for by the beneficiary rather than what the USC paid for filing the I-129F petition.

I know all these countries work differently but I am the beneficiary and I had to make this payment when I completed that DS160 or whatever that number is.

I had to pay this before I could book the interview if I remember correctly 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yes you have to pay the visa fee also.

And the medical fee for your medical.

This is not cheap. After marriage you will also have to pay for AOS which is over $1,000.

You payed a fee for the I-129F package to be filed and now you are at the embassy stage and you have to pay that fee before you get an interview. 

Look into the process seems like you don't know much.

yes, there is a separate fee for the K-1 visa. The fee paid during filing of the I-129F is only for the I-129F....not the actual visa.

And please use a more descriptive title.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Money money money. It adds up quickly.

Check your country forum for more specifics on the embassy in Ghana and how the process works there.

As ZoeUk stated, each country works differently.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

That isnt the real Visa Fee. It is a fee for running K1 Visa, you can understand that is a deposit of something. 

When you fill out DS160, you should pay for the visa Fee. You can go to the Us Embassy website to see the K1 Visa Fee. 

In my country (Hochiminh city, Vietnam), I paid more than 5.9 millions VND = nearly $265 USD in the Vietnam Post Office. You can go to the Post office in your country and tell them that You wanna pay for the K1 Visa and they will let you know some information! 

In my Interview day, I paid off the fee before,  They confirmed it. I saw that they typed my information in the PC to confirm have I paid the Visa Fee yet? and wrote my Case Number ( in package 3 letter ) on the top of my Appointment Letter . If I didnt, I will not be interviewed! 

This is my experience! 

You can inquire it! 

Best regards, 

Grace 

Edited by GraceandTiffany

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, GraceandTiffany said:

That isnt the real Visa Fee. It is a fee for running K1 Visa, you can understand that is a deposit of something. 

When you fill out DS160, you should pay for the visa Fee. You can go to the Us Embassy to see the K1 Visa Fee. 

In my country (Hochiminh city, Vietnam), I paid more than 5.9 millions VND = nearly $265 USD in the Vietnam Post Office. You can go to the Post office in your country and tell them that You wanna pay for the K1 Visa and they will let you know some information! 

This is my experience! 

You can inquire it! 

Best regards, 

Grace 

Might just be for your country. It's very different from country to country so OP should find out what people in his/hers country do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In all fairness, I had no idea about the MRV payment until it hit me like a tonne of bricks and believe me I had done my research here, there and everywhere else to try and be prepared. 

My Fiance also had no idea and she had done the research too. Its not like tcotez can ask the USC because my fiance has no idea what I had to do on my end. All she knows is I booked an interview and a medical and attended them.

She didn't see me fill in any of the forms or make payments on this end.

tcotez, You did the right thing by asking but I can assure you that none of this process is a doddle (really easy). Payments jump out of nowhere and half the time you are not sure of what you are doing until you do it.

that's what I did. I just tried to take it one step at a time. I agree with the others when it comes to cost. Please don't think that the only payment is the one that was made for the original I-129f because it isn't.

On the beneficiary's end you will have to pay for the following:

1. Medical exam and any vaccinations required
  2. MRV (machine readable visa)
  3. courier if you have it delivered to your house
  4. flights
  5. extra baggage if your taking it

I understand the last one is your choice but the rest of them are not. You will have to make those payments (maybe not the courier if you collect it)

When it comes to AOS i'm sure the USC is aware of this cost too right? 

Don't get beat up about it but I also agree that when making a post to make the title more specific to your problem that way people won't scroll past it if they know they can possible advise or help you  :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, tcotez said:

We paid some amount of during the filling of the k1 visa. And now the case has successfully passed through USCIS to NVC and in my country ready for an interview.
But I called the embassy today to find out about the interview and all what they keep asking me is have  I payed for visa fee. I don't know if they are referring to the money we payed during the filling or this different money you have to pay before the interview.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gh/gh-niv-visafeeinfo.asp

Here is your embassy info, follow the instructions

Looks like it is 1166 GHS or $265 USD, and by the way it took me a whole 30 seconds to search this info :)

Edited by javadown2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There is petition fee for filing the I-129f.

There is another fee for the beneficiary visa application.(DS160).

There is a medical exam fee.

Please look ahead to AOS expenses so you are prepared.

I-485 fee + biometrics

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/our-fees

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Might just be for your country. It's very different from country to country so OP should find out what people in his/hers country do.

Yeah, I knew it, I wrote It is my experience. He can ask the Us Embassy in the Beneficiary Country, where will they can pay for the Visa Fee. ????

Edited by GraceandTiffany

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

There are going to be fees for documents needed for interview such as police certificate, etc and other miscellaneous expenses for travel, etc.

The above chart helps to spell out the process.  I believe K1 route is the most expensive.

1 hour ago, tcotez said:

You have to pay the amount of $265 for the visa fee. It is apart from the fee you paid for the filing of the visa which I think used to be $340 and now is up to $535 if I'm not mistaken. Best of luck! :)

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Tcotez, best of luck. Apart from VisaJourney, research helped a lot too. I Googled stuff and I also reached out via private message to people who processed their visas in the same Consulate where I am processing it. I have been asking around but not too much because I know I'd do the same on the AOS part.

This K1 visa is not the end of it all after it gets approved, rather it's just the beginning. There will be more of these paperworks so we all have to learn to do this on our own. :)

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.