Sunnybanana1913

Filing my I-130 at Manila in 2 days, any tips ?

6 posts in this topic

I am going to file the I-130 for my spouse through the DCF process. any tips ? anything I should know/expect? I hired someone to prepare my documents for the I-130. I am just a little nervous, I want this all to go smoothly.

we filed ours last dec 14th last yr and to tell you the people there are totally nice. this lady that accepts the petition at window 25 is very helpful and will let you correct wrong inputs on the form in a very respectful way. she even lent me her glue and sticky notes. i know, preparing the docs is a big pain in the a** but we couldn't afford to hire one lol. advice would be, if you have a cr2/1r2 you have to make two sets of every documents you have. that was our main mistake. good luck!

10 hours ago, myrrh130 said:

we filed ours last dec 14th last yr and to tell you the people there are totally nice. this lady that accepts the petition at window 25 is very helpful and will let you correct wrong inputs on the form in a very respectful way. she even lent me her glue and sticky notes. i know, preparing the docs is a big pain in the a** but we couldn't afford to hire one lol. advice would be, if you have a cr2/1r2 you have to make two sets of every documents you have. that was our main mistake. good luck!

Thanks did you get your Visa yet? 

9 hours ago, Sunnybanana1913 said:

Thanks did you get your Visa yet? 

not even close, unfortunately. we are still waiting. i know 2 of the members here who filed last dec 9th and 13th just barely got their NOA2 lately.

A Tip:

When you get to the DS-260 Form, do not opt to have them send your info to the Social Security Administration.

The SSA linkage is very unreliable, as agreed by staff in the SSA Office.

Just apply for your social security number when you get to America.

We got ours in five business days that way.

Also, when you get the immigration package, be sure to review the information on the Immigration Data Summary cover page.

Make sure the name and address data is correct BEFORE you leave for America.

And be doubly sure to tell the CBP Officer at point of entry the correct information.

That is the last time in the established process that you are expected/offered to correct it most easily.

If you miss that opportunity it can get tough to get the data changed later without major delays in getting your social security card/number or green card.

Dave

Edited by DaveSana

ok thanks. well they accepted our I-130 said to wait 30 to 60 days. Ive heard they email aftr 3 weeks these days. So i hope i get the email of approval soon. Just want this process to get finished as soon as possible and move with my wife to USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.