ShanghaiSurfer

I-134 Question 38 - Contributions

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Drillerone said:

I need help filling Form I-134 for K-1 Visa... on the picture that I attached why is that I can't write on the box where it is asking for "Employment Information".. even if I already checked on the Employed box there...

can't write on the box.png

Just print it out without this info and handwrite it. But it's weird that you can't type it. :huh:

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Just print it out without this info and handwrite it. But it's weird that you can't type it. :huh:

I tried couple of forms and redo everything but they are all the same somehow  :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 5/8/2018 at 8:34 AM, Drillerone said:

I tried couple of forms and redo everything but they are all the same somehow  :(

I had the same problem when you open the PDF using the browser but it seems you have to download and use adobe reader...worked for me

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/10/2017 at 4:40 AM, USC1961 said:

Question 38 on the I-134 is a trick question.  It is asking if you intend to make "specific contributions" to the person. Since you are planning to be responsible for the total support of the person and for an indefinite amount of time, mark "No."     

hi, how did you answer question 17-38? it’s kind of confusing to me. thanks! 

Timeline
On 3/18/2017 at 3:37 AM, Rippy88 said:

Hey DebbieWen, I just recently got my NOA2 Approval and now in the process of preparing documents for the next step, including the I-134a. It is confusing, but I think I can help with the research I've done and things I've read from the USCIS website. On the USCIS website, you can view the PDF Instruction file for I-134a. I will copy and paste a line from it regarding your question. 

"Answer all questions fully and accurately. If a question does not apply to you (for example, if you have never been married and the question asks “Provide the name of your current spouse”), type or print “N/A,” unless otherwise directed. If your answer to a question which requires a numeric response is zero or none (for example, “How many children do you have” or “How many times have you departed the United States”), type or print “None,” unless otherwise directed."

This is a bit different from the I-129F, as if you look at the instructions for that form, it says to leave the space blank.

Also, if you notice it says, "Answer all questions fully and accurately". BUT, the example they give "Provide the name of your current spouse" type or print N/A. Their example isn't a question! It's a statement. The form contains questions AND statements throughout, but they obviously consider every line a question. Therefore, DebbieWen, I will be either putting "NA" for non-numeric lines and "None" for the questions that require a numeric response.  

I have no dependents either, so for me, 10.a through 25 will be "NA" or "None" , 26a-29 will be filled in as it should. And 30.a through 37 will be "NA" or "None" 

I hope this helped you! The above Q&A really helped me with that confusing question 38! Good luck!

hi, so did you pick yes or no for question 38?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 hours ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hi, so did you pick yes or no for question 38?

hey! sorry for taking so long to reply.

We put "yes" on Q. 38.

Good luck!

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

• 10 months later...
On 1/10/2017 at 7:37 AM, ShanghaiSurfer said:

There is a new form for I-134 to be filled out for K-1 visas.

In the previous version it asked if you intend to make any contributions and the sample on VJ said to put "N/A - Filing for K-1 Visa". However they have now changed it to a Yes or No box in the new version of the forms. I don't see any box where you would put this phrase. Any suggestions?

Hi, what did you end up doing in the end? Did you check the box for "i intend" then write "N/A k1 visa"?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/28/2019 at 10:22 AM, Oaftobark said:

Hi, what did you end up doing in the end? Did you check the box for "i intend" then write "N/A k1 visa"?

hi you are suppose to put yes for that question because otherwise the gov’t might think your fiance will become a burden to society. just say you will provide room and board.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I-134 is a non-immigrant form (not binding either) intended for other types of non-immigrant visas, whether you check intend or not intend or neither isn't all that important, embassy is using this form to collection your current gross income information, that is the important information.  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~2 yr old thread locked to further replies. please start your own thread if you have questions.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.