ShanghaiSurfer

I-134 Question 38 - Contributions

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/19/2017 at 1:25 PM, KimchiLumpia said:

I did more research about the question of specific contributions.  And this question was intended for those sponsoring immigrants with short-term stays (student Visa holders) an opportunity discuss specifics details of their support: lodging, food, spending stipend, etc. 

By all accounts, this question regarding specific contributions does not apply to K-1 Visas.  

With that being said, I personally do not like to leave sections in forms un-checked or un-marked.  It may look like one has forgot or missed that section.  

As stated by another poster, I like the idea of checking "Yes" to the question, then having an explanation regarding the "Yes" answer vs. leaving the boxes unchecked.  COs are human and make mistakes.  A CO may review a file and deem an unchecked or unmarked section as incomplete.

Recently, another VJer answered "Yes" and put "N/A K1 Visa Applicant" on the new forms and had no problems:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/624498-i-134-new-form-question-38/

This is what I plan to do as well.

Hello to all glad I found this because I have a question regarding this.  

In the first thread it says unticked the question 38 then explain n/A K1 visa but while reading over and over they say to ticked yes I intend then put n/A K1 visa.

1) My question is what will be the final answer in answering the line 38.  Please help everyone from those whose already done here.

2) And I still have question, is that okay if my fiancé just handwrite his Form i134?  

3) is every page of Form i134 should be signed and dated.

Thanks in advanced to all :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Smile_goongyi said:

Hello to all glad I found this because I have a question regarding this.  

In the first thread it says unticked the question 38 then explain n/A K1 visa but while reading over and over they say to ticked yes I intend then put n/A K1 visa.

1) My question is what will be the final answer in answering the line 38.  Please help everyone from those whose already done here.

2) And I still have question, is that okay if my fiancé just handwrite his Form i134?  

3) is every page of Form i134 should be signed and dated.

Thanks in advanced to all :)

Hi @Smile_goongyi

Answering your questions:

1) We checked that he intended to support me. Then, on page 8 we wrote "N/A (K1 visa for permanent residence)

2) He can handwrite his form i-134, just make sure it will be in black ink.

3) No, you don't need to sign and date every page on the form. Just the places they ask you to.

Good luck!

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Timeline
19 minutes ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Hi @Smile_goongyi

Answering your questions:

1) We checked that he intended to support me. Then, on page 8 we wrote "N/A (K1 visa for permanent residence)

2) He can handwrite his form i-134, just make sure it will be in black ink.

3) No, you don't need to sign and date every page on the form. Just the places they ask you to.

Good luck!

I still have question can re-type his Form i134 using computer, then I will just put the handwritten page 5 with his signed and date, I mean the whole page 5 with his wet signature ( would that be okay).. Thanks.. Sorry for the silly question I just don't want to make our visa takes long. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Smile_goongyi said:

I still have question can re-type his Form i134 using computer, then I will just put the handwritten page 5 with his signed and date, I mean the whole page 5 with his wet signature ( would that be okay).. Thanks.. Sorry for the silly question I just don't want to make our visa takes long. 

yes, you could do that or just type everything on the computer and ask him to sign and date. We did that and got approved. :)

AOS JOURNEY

ROC JOURNEY

Timeline
On 1/28/2018 at 8:57 AM, DebbieWRaney said:

yes, you could do that or just type everything on the computer and ask him to sign and date. We did that and got approved. :)

Thank you so much @DebbieWRaney and @Hank_

Timeline
On 1/28/2018 at 8:57 AM, DebbieWRaney said:

Gud am, I still have a question what is this Alien Registration Number (A-Number) in Form i-134? Where can I find this?  Is this in noa1 and noa2. Thanks thnks

Timeline
1 hour ago, Smile_goongyi said:

Gud am, I still have a question what is this Alien Registration Number (A-Number) in Form i-134? Where can I find this?  Is this in noa1 and noa2. Thanks thnks

For some reason I can't find my NOA1, but I'm pretty sure it should be above the beneficiary's name on it. It starts with "A-xxxxxx".

I just know I put my A-number on my I-134, but I didn't put any when I first started my K-1 process (before getting NOA1).

Just try to find on the Search tool something about it. ;)

AOS JOURNEY

ROC JOURNEY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

She may not have an A-number, if she doesn't just leave it blank. My fiancee did not have one. But she already had a SSN from being in the US previously. 

:blink:"We are part of this universe; we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts, is that the universe is in us."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Smile_goongyi said:

Noa2

Timeline

Thank you to alll the response :)

I still have a question sorry lots of questions here :(

In part 3 question 5 of Form i-134 (K1 visa)  asking "Value of my other personal property" ,  my fiancé should put down an answer there or he can just leave it blank or just put n/A? because I'm thinking if he will going to put his personal property there the consul might asked the statement for asset and liability of my fiancé (which I don't have here right now... ) 

12 hours ago, DebbieWRaney said:

For some reason I can't find my NOA1, but I'm pretty sure it should be above the beneficiary's name on it. It starts with "A-xxxxxx".

I just know I put my A-number on my I-134, but I didn't put any when I first started my K-1 process (before getting NOA1).

Thank you to alll the response :)

I still have a question sorry lots of questions here :(

In part 3 question 5 of Form i-134 (K1 visa)  asking "Value of my other personal property" ,  my fiancé should put down an answer there or he can just leave it blank or just put n/A? because I'm thinking if he will going to put his personal property there the consul might asked the statement for asset and liability of my fiancé (which I don't have here right now... ) 

Timeline
On 1/30/2018 at 5:54 AM, DebbieWRaney said:

Thank you to alll the response :)

I still have a question sorry lots of questions here :(

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/23/2017 at 9:39 PM, KimchiLumpia said:

Questions 8 and 9 are under "Real Estate Information" and question 8.b. refers to debts related to real estate.

If you do not own real estate, input "none" in fields requiring $ amounts, per the I-134 instructions:

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

Problem is PDF file government proving does not allow you enter any letter, only accepts numbers because they are $ values. Either we should put 0 or leave it blank like I did on previous form I-129F. Realized this was happening only when you use Adobe. So, just use other application to fill the form if you like to enter None.

Edited by Veture

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

This was so helpful, thanks for everyone posting answers! One quick additional question about this new form - pg 3 question 8.b. states "I have mortgages or other debts amounting to: ___"   This question is underneath the "Real Estate Information". I am just wondering if this is a sneaky way of making me disclose my student loan debt. I don't want to lie obviously if it is asking me about ANY debts, but I don't have any real estate or mortgages, etc. 

Any help greatly appreciated!! 

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 4/5/2017 at 1:55 AM, Rippy88 said:

Hey DebbieWen,

26a through 29 should be filled in, for date of filing, question 29, I just used my NOA1 date.

30a through 37 don't worry about. 

38 mark "I intend"

and then on the last page of the I-134a , fill in as Kimchi stated above.

3.a. "Page 4"

3.b. "Part Number 3"

3.c. "Item Number 38"

3.d. "N/A (K1 Visa Process For Permanent Residence)"

what is question 26-29 for exactly?? From what I understood after reading many other websites, they say to leave it blank unless you filed a petition for another person in the past(aside from my fiance) which i din't, he's the first one i petitioned for. so shouldn't we leave it blank?

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Timeline

I need help filling Form I-134 for K-1 Visa... on the picture that I attached why is that I can't write on the box where it is asking for "Employment Information".. even if I already checked on the Employed box there...

can't write on the box.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.