Banzi

HELP NEEDED URGENTLY, DENIED AT LAGOS. THANKS

94 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Actually if it was just for the lie then they could have filed a waiver so they must have been other issues.

They will send it back and let it expire.

The quickest way for you to be together is undoubtedly for her and the children to move.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If there's a doubt that any visa won't work why then try cr1, isn't that another waste of time and money. Besides we acknowledged the fact that we lied in the first instance and then said the truth, I wonder why the lie was still considered again after telling the truth

Edited by Mannyking

Just now, Mannyking said:

If there's a doubt that any visa won't work why then try cr1, isn't that another waste of time and money. Besides we acknowledged the fact that we lied in the first instance and then said the truth, I wonder why the lie was still considered again after telling the tru

It's low chance, but not impossible. You asked for options, so that is one even if it's very low chance.

Because you presented a misrepresentation. Telling the truth doesn't undo the lie. Your credibility is shot.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Let's say it like this. If someone lied to me the first time and afterwards tells the truth, I wouldn't trust that person anymore. Basically the same as with immigration, you lied to get a visa - poof! trust gone. But I'm not a federal institution. USCIS is. Lying to any federal institution or government related business is not done. Hope you learn from this.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Timeline

They never found anything else, she repeatedly asked me how we met three times, she even asked me to write a statement of how we met and which I maintained that we met on a dating site before telling me about what I told the interviewing officer that interviewed me for the tourist visa previously and then she handed me paper that said "admin processing" "recommended revoke"

10 minutes ago, Mannyking said:

If there's a doubt that any visa won't work why then try cr1, isn't that another waste of time and money. Besides we acknowledged the fact that we lied in the first instance and then said the truth, I wonder why the lie was still considered again after telling the truth

It was considered, because it is a misrepresentation. It will always be on your record. Always. You cannot unring the bell. You have no credibility left.  USCIS can never trust your word again. Simply telling the truth after the fact cannot not undo what you have done.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mannyking said:

It's considered because you are a liar.  

If someone lies to you, would you trust them again?

How will you prove that you now telling the truth?  How does the US Embassy determine when you are lying and when you are not?  

Do you think lying under penalty of perjury on a legal document should be forgiven so easily?  There should be no punishment for lying?

What do you think your punishment should be for lying on a legal application?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Like Transborderwife, I lost interest after the OP mentioned he lied.

Only advise I have is to deal with the consequences. You rolled the dice and lost. Any difficulty you have moving forward is your own doing.

At least I told you all the truth, we all lie in one way or the other for fear of one thing or the other, there's not anyone of you who haven't lied because you wanted to save something you cherished, it's a human thing and like I have said I answered every question correctly the CO asked

Edited by Mannyking

I never lied to immigration. Why would I?

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

3 minutes ago, Mannyking said:

At least I told you all the truth, we all lie in one way or the other for fear of one thing or the other, there's not anyone of you who haven't lied because you wanted to save something you cherished 

Yes, we have. But not to USCIS or a CO under penalty of perjury. That's a far more serious circumstance...as you are now seeing.

Edit: Let me just put it another way. The absolute worse thing you can do with immigration is lie. You can screw up every form, have a bad interview, etc. and still get through the process. But you must always, always be 100% honest with USCIS, COs, CBP, etc.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Mannyking said:

They never found anything else, she repeatedly asked me how we met three times, she even asked me to write a statement of how we met and which I maintained that we met on a dating site before telling me about what I told the interviewing officer that interviewed me for the tourist visa previously and then she handed me paper that said "admin processing" "recommended revoke"

So under AP, not denied.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

So under AP, not denied.

But, it will be.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What does your online status say.  I think the AP is only a formality , meaning that a supervisor is the one that will actually formalize the denial.  The only possibility of resetting the validity of what you are presenting is showing that you and her are in a valid relationship by spending a LONG time ( I am speaking in terms of years ) living together. The only option is in Nigeria or a 3rd country.  

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.