956 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, rafay13 said:

Hello, I submitted documents on 24 Oct, CEAC was showing refused until yesterday. Now it is showing AP so I want to ask how much time do they take to move from AP to READY? 

Unfortunately, there is no time frame for AP process.

My sister was interviewed on April 4th and was told that she will receive passports in 2 weeks.  2 days later her status went on AP.  We made few inquiries but a generic email response from Islamabad Embassy.

Just wait, unless some one can provide more insight.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mutahir said:

Unfortunately, there is no time frame for AP process.

My sister was interviewed on April 4th and was told that she will receive passports in 2 weeks.  2 days later her status went on AP.  We made few inquiries but a generic email response from Islamabad Embassy.

Just wait, unless some one can provide more insight.

Yes there is no time frame for AP but if after visa interview,co said visa approved, then in few days AP will change to ISSUED.

if 221g given, then AP OR REFUSED will come on ceac website, here AP is good because after AP .... ISSUED will come...

If REFUSED... Then READY then AP and the issued....

Ready means nothing.....after interview.... Ready means co will not be touching your case 4 visa issuance.... Only after AP they will issue visa.....

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, vakson007 said:

Yes there is no time frame for AP but if after visa interview,co said visa approved, then in few days AP will change to ISSUED.

if 221g given, then AP OR REFUSED will come on ceac website, here AP is good because after AP .... ISSUED will come...

If REFUSED... Then READY then AP and the issued....

Ready means nothing.....after interview.... Ready means co will not be touching your case 4 visa issuance.... Only after AP they will issue visa.....

I was given 221g and CO said that everything was okay but they need certain documents. At that moment case status was showing refused now after two weeks its showing AP.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, rafay13 said:

I was given 221g and CO said that everything was okay but they need certain documents. At that moment case status was showing refused now after two weeks its showing AP.

You gave all your documents stated on the 221g to the vfs/embassy?

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank you!  I received my interview letter 25th june 2018. .. interview was August  24th.. co found sponsor income less and issued 221g,I arranged all new joint sponsor documents and delivered at Ahmedabad vfs. . Case was changed from REFUSED to READY on the 7th September ... After 14th September no update on ceac website, only Ready was written,other friends like me (221g)got visa..called ustraveldocs and mailed twice, then on 5th October, case status changed to Administrative processing,7th October date changed, 9th October again date changed but no results, 2 of my friends gave me lot of support and today morning date on ceac website changed again and around 2.30 visa issued, W hat a journey! !

F3 category,India

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, rafay13 said:

So its been more than two weeks since our case got into AP. Case was last updated on 15th oct. Can anybody please tell how long normally they take to process case when it is in AP? Thanks

Welcome to the club of "AP Sinkhole".

No one knows the duration of AP process.  I read many threads on this website on this topic and found that AP can last years as well.  But hope for the best.

One of sister was on AP for about 2 months before getting visa.  Another sister on AP since April 4th.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
18 hours ago, Mutahir said:

Welcome to the club of "AP Sinkhole".

No one knows the duration of AP process.  I read many threads on this website on this topic and found that AP can last years as well.  But hope for the best.

One of sister was on AP for about 2 months before getting visa.  Another sister on AP since April 4th.

I think it varies case to case. What were your sisters told in interview? did they get 221g?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone finally my wait is over for my 221g today after 1 month 19 days of my interview and 1 month 10 days after i submitted my documents today the status on ceac website changed to issued. I hope all of you soon receive a similar news regarding the same.. it was a long journey but one worth it.. also I would like to thank all the members who gave m support and courage in this time... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.