jennnnnnnnnna

January 2017 I-130 (Family Petition) Filers

764 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, love&cinta said:

Hi! No I haven't got anything yet and Money Order has not yet been cashed. It may take 10-14 days to receive NOA1 from my experience. 

Thanks for the reply. Which lockbox did you submit your application? If you don't mind me asking. Also, did you  include that form with your name, cp number and email?

Thanks. 

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

26 minutes ago, love&cinta said:

Hi! No I haven't got anything yet and Money Order has not yet been cashed. It may take 10-14 days to receive NOA1 from my experience. 

Same here. I'm not really expecting anything this week. I bet they're backed up because of the holidays but yeah, I heard you should hear from them within 10-14 business days. :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 hours ago, amerisian said:

Thanks for the reply. Which lockbox did you submit your application? If you don't mind me asking. Also, did you  include that form with your name, cp number and email?

Thanks. 

Sent my petition to Chicago Lockbox :) and what form? The money order form? If so then it was only my name and address needed for money order. Are you applying for both parents? 

5 minutes ago, love&cinta said:

Sent my petition to Chicago Lockbox :) and what form? The money order form? If so then it was only my name and address needed for money order. Are you applying for both parents? 

I sent mine to Chicago Lockbox, too. :) I guess she's referring to the G-1145 form? I sent one with mine

Timeline
2 hours ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

Same here. I'm not really expecting anything this week. I bet they're backed up because of the holidays but yeah, I heard you should hear from them within 10-14 business days. :) 

Did you read this IR5 July Filers thread?  OMG some of them got NOA2 within 30-40 days. Thats awesome..! Hopefully all of us here get approval as fast as theirs.

Edited by love&cinta

Timeline
2 hours ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

Did you read IR5 July Filers? OMG some of them got NOA2 within 30-40 days. Thats awesome..! Hopefully all of us here get approval as fast as theirs.

3 minutes ago, love&cinta said:

Did you read IR5 July Filers? OMG some of them got NOA2 within 30-40 days. Thats awesome..! Hopefully all of us here get approval as fast as theirs.

That's awesome! My fingers are crossed! :):):) 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

I sent mine to Chicago Lockbox, too. :) I guess she's referring to the G-1145 form? I sent one with mine

Oh duhhh lol yes I submitted that form ? 2 of them for my mom and dad

11 hours ago, Sims22Ohana said:

Hi, I filed in Decmeber 2016, no forum for filers I suppose so can I join this?!

Should be fine. Did you receive notice from them yet?

1 minute ago, sassymama said:

i am about to file today myself for my mother..any recomendation how to double check the forms? all sample forms are kinda old. ALso, is express mail better than the priority mail? thanks in advance

Here's a checklist I used, which can be found on the I-130 Instructions. Also, what I did to make sure I do not forget anything was I highlighted all important information and just checked 3x before mailing. I even asked my husband to check everything for me to be sure. LOL! Anyway, I think priority and express mail are the same, they're just based on the courier you're using? I used Fedex Express when i shipped my mom's petition. I sent it last January 7th Saturday and they received it January 9th Monday morning at 11am. love&Cinta used USPS Priority Mail Express and hers got there too on Monday. :)Hope this helps!

I-130 checklist.PNG

Filed: Timeline
8 minutes ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

Here's a checklist I used, which can be found on the I-130 Instructions. Also, what I did to make sure I do not forget anything was I highlighted all important information and just checked 3x before mailing. I even asked my husband to check everything for me to be sure. LOL! Anyway, I think

priority and express mail are the same, they're just based on the courier you're using? I used Fedex Express when i shipped my mom's petition. I sent it last January 7th Saturday and they received it January 9th Monday morning at 11am. love&Cinta used USPS Priority Mail Express and hers got there too on Monday. :)Hope this helps!

I-130 checklist.PNG

Great, thanks..my only concerns on the form is when i downloaded the newest form on their website,(i used adobe Dc to edit) it wouldn't let me enter N/A on some of the fields so not all the fields are filled out..and i noticed on the old samples, they left them in blank..for example, my mom was never married so under date and place of marriage i can't put N/A as its a date field. so i left them in blank. also, some parts i left them blank..such as '"if your filing for your spouse"..or "if i am applying for adjustment of status.

Also, since i am a citizen do you think the certificate of naturalization is enough? or do i also need passport? thanks !!

1 minute ago, sassymama said:

Great, thanks..my only concerns on the form is when i downloaded the newest form on their website,(i used adobe Dc to edit) it wouldn't let me enter N/A on some of the fields so not all the fields are filled out..and i noticed on the old samples, they left them in blank..for example, my mom was never married so under date and place of marriage i can't put N/A as its a date field. so i left them in blank. also, some parts i left them blank..such as '"if your filing for your spouse"..or "if i am applying for adjustment of status.

Also, since i am a citizen do you think the certificate of naturalization is enough? or do i also need passport? thanks !!

I encountered the same error, so I decided to just hand write all my answers, but I tried downloading and answering the form on the computer the next day and it worked. 

The Naturalization certificate copy is enough :) 

19 hours ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

Yes, that was it.. Thanks Jennnnaaa..

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.