tcotez

about the interview

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello!!!!

Please am still crying :( For help concerning my interview.

What kind of questions am I likely to be asked?

What should I provide to them as a evidence for them to believe our relationship is legitimate?

Please and please help me out.

I know we have good people who can give me all the necessary tips concerning the interview. Am really worried.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
12 minutes ago, tcotez said:

Thank you!!! But I really have no idea what the redflag means. Am new here and new to k1 visa application.

Thanks.

Redflags meaning nothing your hiding, gaps in your relationship that don't make sense, lack of pictures together, etc if you have all the supporting evidence you should be fine. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Brandon y Nadia said:

Redflags meaning nothing your hiding, gaps in your relationship that don't make sense, lack of pictures together, etc if you have all the supporting evidence you should be fine. 

Thank you so much.

With respect to the evidences, will it be OK for me to for me to present out WhatsApp and fb chats as part of evidence? If yes then how to I do it?

Please help me out.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
18 minutes ago, tcotez said:

Thank you so much.

With respect to the evidences, will it be OK for me to for me to present out WhatsApp and fb chats as part of evidence? If yes then how to I do it?

Please help me out.

Thanks

Yes that would be good to have on hand to show that you are in constant contact from when you met all the way up to current. You can export your whatsapp chats to a txt file and email to yourself and select what you want to print. Not sure about FB chat as me and my fiancé just use whatsapp. But have a good range but don't bring the whole book of them lol. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Brandon y Nadia said:

Yes that would be good to have on hand to show that you are in constant contact from when you met all the way up to current. You can export your whatsapp chats to a txt file and email to yourself and select what you want to print. Not sure about FB chat as me and my fiancé just use whatsapp. But have a good range but don't bring the whole book of them lol. 

Lol thank you very much for your help.

I really appreciate it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Do you have an interview date yet? Where are you at in the visa process? 

Ghana is a very tough embassy, so you need to plan accordingly.

For the interview, the questions will come from whatever evidence you've submitted so far and what you bring to the interview. Every interview is different. No one can tell you exactly what will be asked, but you can assume most of the questions should be basic (how you met, wedding plans, details of your relationship, etc.). Keep in mind the the consulates in Ghana like to throw in random questions to try and trick people. As someone suggested, read through the consulate reviews on this portal. It will give you and your fiance an idea of what to expect at the embassy. 

As for evidence, you need to submit anything that can prove you have a genuine relationship.

• The best evidence is proof of time spent together, meaning airline tickets, visa stamps, hotel receipts, photos of you together. How many times have you or your fiance traveled to Ghana? The more trips the better? 
  • A timeline of your relations. How did you meet. How did the relationship progress. How did you get engaged. What are you plans for the future. 
  • You should include proof of an ongoing relationship...this is conversation history, call logs, and Skype log. You don't need to submit all of your conversations, but you should select a few conversations every couple of weeks to submit. Make sure it's not just "I love you...love you too...I miss you" type conversations. You want to show conversations that show you're planning a future and getting to know each other's families. Conversations alone are not enough evidence. 
  • If you've made any wedding plan, that's good evidence too. 
  • Some submit letters of support from family and friends. 

These are just a few ideas. For Ghana, you should not submit anything that would show a knocking ceremony or an engagement party. They will deny you immediately as they will see you two as married, even if you don't. 

I saw you ask about red flags. Red flags are anything that might cause the consulate to not believe your relationship. Some include: 

• Limited face-to-face time
  • Only knowing each other for a short time before getting engaged
  • A large age gap
  • Getting engaged shortly after getting divorced
  • Having had another petition for you or you having petition for another person 

Red flag don't mean an automatic denial. But you will need to have stronger evidence to overcome these things. It is very possible. You just need to be prepared. 

I hope this helps. Good luck! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, O&GForever said:

Do you have an interview date yet? Where are you at in the visa process? 

Ghana is a very tough embassy, so you need to plan accordingly.

For the interview, the questions will come from whatever evidence you've submitted so far and what you bring to the interview. Every interview is different. No one can tell you exactly what will be asked, but you can assume most of the questions should be basic (how you met, wedding plans, details of your relationship, etc.). Keep in mind the the consulates in Ghana like to throw in random questions to try and trick people. As someone suggested, read through the consulate reviews on this portal. It will give you and your fiance an idea of what to expect at the embassy. 

As for evidence, you need to submit anything that can prove you have a genuine relationship.

• The best evidence is proof of time spent together, meaning airline tickets, visa stamps, hotel receipts, photos of you together. How many times have you or your fiance traveled to Ghana? The more trips the better? 
  • A timeline of your relations. How did you meet. How did the relationship progress. How did you get engaged. What are you plans for the future. 
  • You should include proof of an ongoing relationship...this is conversation history, call logs, and Skype log. You don't need to submit all of your conversations, but you should select a few conversations every couple of weeks to submit. Make sure it's not just "I love you...love you too...I miss you" type conversations. You want to show conversations that show you're planning a future and getting to know each other's families. Conversations alone are not enough evidence. 
  • If you've made any wedding plan, that's good evidence too. 
  • Some submit letters of support from family and friends. 

These are just a few ideas. For Ghana, you should not submit anything that would show a knocking ceremony or an engagement party. They will deny you immediately as they will see you two as married, even if you don't. 

I saw you ask about red flags. Red flags are anything that might cause the consulate to not believe your relationship. Some include: 

• Limited face-to-face time
  • Only knowing each other for a short time before getting engaged
  • A large age gap
  • Getting engaged shortly after getting divorced
  • Having had another petition for you or you having petition for another person 

Red flag don't mean an automatic denial. But you will need to have stronger evidence to overcome these things. It is very possible. You just need to be prepared. 

I hope this helps. Good luck! 

Thank you so much.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, tcotez said:

The USA embassy in Accra.

And no I do not have the interview date yet, I only seen it after I tracked my case that it is ready for an interview even though i did not receive any letter or call from the embassy and am yet to call the embassy to find out.

Also, do you have any idea about monies I will be paying to the embassy, I really wanna know so that I prepare my self to how much money I suppose to take there.?

Thank you so much for your time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

It's good for you to prepare. You will have a couple fees for the interview. There is a fee you'll pay when you schedule the interview. I can't remember how much it is. You will also need to pay for a police clearance report and the medical exam. The medical exam must be completed at one of two designated clinics and will cost around 1,700-1,900 cedis. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, O&GForever said:

It's good for you to prepare. You will have a couple fees for the interview. There is a fee you'll pay when you schedule the interview. I can't remember how much it is. You will also need to pay for a police clearance report and the medical exam. The medical exam must be completed at one of two designated clinics and will cost around 1,700-1,900 cedis. 

Thank you very very much.

Timeline
21 hours ago, O&GForever said:

I appreciate you help so much

But I would like to know if I can go to any registered hospital to do the medicals or these are the specified Hospitals by the embassy?

This is because am currently at Kumasi Ghana and I want to know if I can do the medicals at Ge or komfuo Anocha teaching hospital.

Thanks n hoping to hear from you soon.

Edited by tcotez

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.