The Nature  Boy

Uniformed Police Officer Refused Service at Texas Wendy's

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

Sounds like you lived in the wrong part of the USA.  It was party time here in the Texas.  The blow was flowing as you stated, It was good times. We had just came out of the recession and by the early 80's it was good times.  National Pride had returned, and we had a great leader in the Whitehouse.  Regan reminded America we were the greatest country in the world, and he also reminded other countries you don't mess with the USA or you stand a chance of being deleted from life.   Good Times

And as was mentioned in a previous topic, Reagan spent like a drunk sailor. IDK if America was great then or not overall, but when you almost triple the national debt in 8 years, as Reagan did, you are robbing Peter to pay Paul. Unfortunately we are still paying for those great times. 

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dakine10 said:

And as was mentioned in a previous topic, Reagan spent like a drunk sailor. IDK if America was great then or not overall, but when you almost triple the national debt in 8 years, as Reagan did, you are robbing Peter to pay Paul. Unfortunately we are still paying for those great times. 

He got us out of the 1970 depression, and moved the country forward. I will take that anyday over the way the USA was back in 70's.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

He got us out of the 1970 depression, and moved the country forward. I will take that anyday over the way the USA was back in 70's.

Yeah but he did that by cutting taxes and running one of the biggest budget deficits in history to that date (although he's been outdone by most of his successors). He added his own recession into the mix in the early 80's too. 

Everybody wants the national debt reduced and deficit spending ended, but we always vote for the candidate who promises the biggest free lunch. That's how we got to almost 20 trillion in national debt. It's not the pathway to greatness.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

11 minutes ago, Dakine10 said:

Yeah but he did that by cutting taxes and running one of the biggest budget deficits in history to that date (although he's been outdone by most of his successors). He added his own recession into the mix in the early 80's too. 

Everybody wants the national debt reduced and deficit spending ended, but we always vote for the candidate who promises the biggest free lunch. That's how we got to almost 20 trillion in national debt. It's not the pathway to greatness.

And then we rode the good time wave for about 30 years.  We don't live in a life of butterflies and unicorn dreams.   I was able to pull one of my greatest financial move during the housing crash in 2009.   The smart people can survive and thrive in the good times and the bad times.   Gotta be flexible.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

And then we rode the good time wave for about 30 years.  We don't live in a life of butterflies and unicorn dreams.   I was able to pull one of my greatest financial move during the housing crash in 2009.   The smart people can survive and thrive in the good times and the bad times.   Gotta be flexible.

That's asinine. We didn't ride a wave, we mortgaged our futures and stole from our kids for those years. I know you're not that old, so you will be likely still around to see the other end of it. Good luck!

QCjgyJZ.jpg

32 minutes ago, Dakine10 said:

That's asinine. We didn't ride a wave, we mortgaged our futures and stole from our kids for those years. I know you're not that old, so you will be likely still around to see the other end of it. Good luck!

I was probably going to either Central America or Southern Asia in the next few years to live. But has decided to spend a few more years here to enjoy the Trump years and the Trump Effect. 

1 hour ago, Dakine10 said:

I know right.  The last 8 years have been awful 

3 hours ago, Dakine10 said:

But this is the attitude I see commonly you know, even in the older generations now. Oh well, who cares what happens to my kids in the future, as long as I reaped the benefits and partied hard. We are a nation that perpetually kicks the can down the road and prefers to not focus on the long term. Selfishness I guess. Seriously, every single time. This nation never learns from it's mistakes.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23