The Nature  Boy

Uniformed Police Officer Refused Service at Texas Wendy's

38 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Dakine10 said:

Football is tomorrow NB. Why do you keep moving the goalposts today?

I dont watch the NFL. It's so for the unwashed masses and working class joes 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I dont watch the NFL. It's so for the unwashed masses and working class joes 

I assume he meant the FA Cup.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Not much on Hockey either 

Bit cold for Hockey, more an Ice Hockey time of year.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Protected class my youknowwhat(hint: it rhymes), there is zero difference between this and the cake thing. Nil, nada. 

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, OriZ said:

Protected class my youknowwhat(hint: it rhymes), there is zero difference between this and the cake thing. Nil, nada. 

The difference here is Wendy's is not refusing to serve hamburgers to all police officers (but would gladly serve french fries or chicken burgers because that's OK with Wendy's beliefs).  This was certainly discrimination but it was the actions of 1 (or more) employees of Wendy's who are most certainly acting on their own behalf. They should suffer the consequences, which in the absence of a valid reason for refusing service will likely be termination.  

Now if Wendy's issue a statement saying they refuse to serve certain menu items to police officers because it's contrary to their beliefs then yes, it would be similar to the 'cake thing'. The baker wasn't a rogue employee refusing to serve a single customer, it was his company policy not to cater to an entire group of people. 

Edited by Dakine10

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dakine10 said:

The difference here is Wendy's is not refusing to serve hamburgers to all police officers (but would gladly serve french fries or chicken burgers because that's OK with Wendy's beliefs).  This was certainly discrimination but it was the actions of 1 (or more) employees of Wendy's who are most certainly acting on their own behalf. They should suffer the consequences, which in the absence of a valid reason for refusing service will likely be termination.  

Now if Wendy's issue a statement saying they refuse to serve certain menu items to police officers because it's contrary to their beliefs then yes, it would be similar to the 'cake thing'. The baker wasn't a rogue employee refusing to serve a single customer, it was his company policy not to cater to an entire group of people. 

Would sadden me not at all to see them all terminated, that's for sure.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 1/7/2017 at 0:24 PM, millefleur said:

Yeah....problem easily solved: don't go to Wendy's. Just my personal view but I don't get why anyone would patronize fast food restaurants and expect anything other than sub-par service. You get what you pay for.

These Twitter storms in a teacup always end up the same way: initial news report, social media backlash, establishment or company tweets a pro- or apologetic message to clarify the misunderstanding, then everyone continues having a derailed debate about it in the comments section even though an apology was issued or the problem was resolved. Hashtags then ensue which refuse to die. Yawn.

Great concept.  In my opinion anyone refused service by any business is better off not spending their money there.  However, the progressive Left wants anyone refusing service to be punished by the government.  I think people can create their own form of punishment as businesses are there to make money and if people are not spending any there, they won't last very long.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
7 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Great concept.  In my opinion anyone refused service by any business is better off not spending their money there.  However, the progressive Left wants anyone refusing service to be punished by the government.  I think people can create their own form of punishment as businesses are there to make money and if people are not spending any there, they won't last very long.

I doubt people refused service are going to continue to support that business. Businesses are not punished for refusing service, they are punished for having illegal and discriminatory policies. Stop breaking the law and that won't happen. Where consumers choose to shop is a separate issue.

Reading some of the articles that people link to here and reading some of the comments, it's starting to seem that 'making America great again' is a code phrase for some for taking us back in time before civil rights existed. It's not gonna happen. 

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, Dakine10 said:

I doubt people refused service are going to continue to support that business. Businesses are not punished for refusing service, they are punished for having illegal and discriminatory policies. Stop breaking the law and that won't happen. Where consumers choose to shop is a separate issue.

Reading some of the articles that people link to here and reading some of the comments, it's starting to seem that 'making America great again' is a code phrase for some for taking us back in time before civil rights existed. It's not gonna happen. 

I read some of the comment since you mentioned it. It was mostly they should be fired, and blaming their attitude on the way Obama has divided the country.  Yes it would be nice to take us back 8 years before the Great Divider in Chief came into office.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

I read some of the comment since you mentioned it. It was mostly they should be fired, and blaming their attitude on the way Obama has divided the country.  Yes it would be nice to take us back 8 years before the Great Divider in Chief came into office.

Of course they should be fired. I'm not talking about the comments in this article, I'm talking about in general. I don't think the Trumpologists want to go back 8 years, they want to go back 80. 

Most of the comments at the end of that article are saying police should just refuse 911 calls to that Wendy's. There's your problem. It's not easy to make a country great when it's filled with so many stupid people. 

QCjgyJZ.jpg

42 minutes ago, Dakine10 said:

Of course they should be fired. I'm not talking about the comments in this article, I'm talking about in general. I don't think the Trumpologists want to go back 8 years, they want to go back 80. 

Most of the comments at the end of that article are saying police should just refuse 911 calls to that Wendy's. There's your problem. It's not easy to make a country great when it's filled with so many stupid people. 

I guess you maybe to young to know the answers.  But Make America Great Again is talking about how the USA was in the 80's under the Reagan era and after. How the USA was happy, We had national pride again, people were spending money,  It was a great time in the history of the USA. 

1 hour ago, MarkPerry said:

I guess you maybe to young to know the answers.  But Make America Great Again is talking about how the USA was in the 80's under the Reagan era and after. How the USA was happy, We had national pride again, people were spending money,  It was a great time in the history of the USA. 

LOL! I have a good memory of the 80s. The USA collectively was not happy. Some people were spending money, mostly obnoxious yuppies and wannabes snorting coke and living beyond their means and thinking they were somebodies, though there was a deep recession for the majority of us for a while. Petrol prices exploded. Jobs were lost. We had a lot of good tv/music to keep us slightly more upbeat. And if you think things were violent in big cities now, there were some places you'd be more likely to die in the 80s than there were today. Things improved a little bit later, and into the 90s, but it was still a rough go. That's about it. People are people. There is no collective happiness in the USA, and never has been. We aren't robots, we're unique individuals and our 'American' experience varies and has many different variables.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

17 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

LOL! I have a good memory of the 80s. The USA collectively was not happy. Some people were spending money, mostly obnoxious yuppies and wannabes snorting coke and living beyond their means and thinking they were somebodies, though there was a deep recession for the majority of us for a while. Petrol prices exploded. Jobs were lost. We had a lot of good tv/music to keep us slightly more upbeat. And if you think things were violent in big cities now, there were some places you'd be more likely to die in the 80s than there were today. Things improved a little bit later, and into the 90s, but it was still a rough go. That's about it. People are people. There is no collective happiness in the USA, and never has been. We aren't robots, we're unique individuals and our 'American' experience varies and has many different variables.

Sounds like you lived in the wrong part of the USA.  It was party time here in the Texas.  The blow was flowing as you stated, It was good times. We had just came out of the recession and by the early 80's it was good times.  National Pride had returned, and we had a great leader in the Whitehouse.  Regan reminded America we were the greatest country in the world, and he also reminded other countries you don't mess with the USA or you stand a chance of being deleted from life.   Good Times