Elly76

Need help please

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi all.. I will be sending my petition in about a week and other have some questions.

1. I have the copies of our joint tax returns, will that be sufficient or do I need to get transcripts? ( I sent the same for my 1-485 and had no probkem)

2. My name is on the cable and cellular account but not on the bills. (I called and they said that only the main account holders name will be on the bills) So, what do I do?

3. I've got bank statement for each month but just the first page for 23 months. Is that ok?

4. Do I need a cover letter? Never sent one before. If I do can I get a sample please.

Do I mail it in a regular large brown envelope or?

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I will have more questions. Thank you.

Edited by Elly76
Spelling mistake

1) transcripts are generally better because they show you filed and it's less paperwork, but you can send entire tax returns if you choose

2) my husband and I only have 1 joint bill as well, but I sent that (water bill).  you can send a selection of bills addressed to each of you showing you live at the same address and share living expenses

3) no.  Send the entire statement.

4) there are cover letters in the wiki and in the sticked thread at the top. 

5) up to you. I had to use a box. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
28 minutes ago, NikLR said:

1) transcripts are generally better because they show you filed and it's less paperwork, but you can send entire tax returns if you choose

2) my husband and I only have 1 joint bill as well, but I sent that (water bill).  you can send a selection of bills addressed to each of you showing you live at the same address and share living expenses

3) no.  Send the entire statement.

4) there are cover letters in the wiki and in the sticked thread at the top. 

5) up to you. I had to use a box. 

Thank you so much. My name is not on any bills, just the account. Before we even met he had everything. House, car ect. So bills were already in his name. All he did was added my name to the account. The box you sent the documents in were from the post office?

Edited by Elly76
Adding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

As NikLR said, you need ALL pages of the bank statements - whether you send every month, or send one per quarter.  They want to see the transactions as well as the names on the statements.

In your cover letter, explain that your husband already had the house, car, etc. when you married, and that your name has been added to accounts, but that only his name appears on the bills. 

I used a box as well, and used a Priority Mail box from the Post Office.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

I agree with Sukie. :)

And yes the box was at the post office.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I agree with NikLR insofar as his answers.  I would definitely include a cover letter.  You can see examples of different cover letters as noted by NikLR.  Make sure you look under the instructions on how to assemble your petition and they detail all kind of suggestions on how to assemble the package including what clips to use, cover letter, what to include in personal check or money order, etc.

Archie

Timeline
1 hour ago, bolin786 said:

I agree with NikLR insofar as his answers.  I would definitely include a cover letter.  You can see examples of different cover letters as noted by NikLR.  Make sure you look under the instructions on how to assemble your petition and they detail all kind of suggestions on how to assemble the package including what clips to use, cover letter, what to include in personal check or money order, etc.

Thank you.. I will :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
22 hours ago, Elly76 said:

2. My name is on the cable and cellular account but not on the bills. (I called and they said that only the main account holders name will be on the bills) So, what do I do?

We had the same situation for Time Warner Cable internet. We went in to the office and they were able to print off a page from their records showing that my name was also on the account as spouse.

(And in case this helps anyone in the future, we also did this for the credit card that didn't show both names on the statement -- the bank quickly provided a letter confirming we were the account holder & authorized user, respectively.)

Timeline
13 hours ago, AK_2014 said:

We had the same situation for Time Warner Cable internet. We went in to the office and they were able to print off a page from their records showing that my name was also on the account as spouse.

(And in case this helps anyone in the future, we also did this for the credit card that didn't show both names on the statement -- the bank quickly provided a letter confirming we were the account holder & authorized user, respectively.)

That's awsome.. thank you. But don't I need 23 months of statements? All I will get is one if I do that now. 

Timeline
On 1/7/2017 at 8:44 PM, AK_2014 said:

What I'm meaning to ask is, was that one statement enough?

It wasn't a statement like a bill but rather a letter from the company showing who was on the  account. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
3 hours ago, NikLR said:

It wasn't a statement like a bill but rather a letter from the company showing who was on the  account. 

Yes, NikLR got it -- we sent the cable statements with just my wife's name, along with the printout from the TWC office showing I was listed as spouse on the account.

And for the credit card, we sent the statements with just my name, along with the letter provided by the bank stating that she was an authorized user. 

I think we sent one statement for every three months (all pages of those statements, including the pages that didn't look like they had any relevant information. USCIS wants all the pages.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.