26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If they didn't ask for more information or your passport it will most likely for sure be sent back to uscis. There really is no AP for a K1. Get her to you ASAP and get married. All the best.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/9/2017 at 0:21 PM, adil-rafa said:

Did they keep your passport?

Did they ask for any additional documents"

IF not, be prepared to get the notice that the case is sent back to the US

and when that happens it is allowed to die / no appeal for K1

I hope she can return to Morocco and marry

We went thru this and completely understand your frustration

seems very heartbreaking and inhuman to put us thru this

Write to me if you need the instructions to marry in Morocco with US citizen as it takes traveling to Casa embassy and Rabat to Foreign minister office and then back to your city

Adil how are you dear, I really need your advice on my case. My fiance went for interview on the 9th September 2016 and he was told that they approve him, and they kept his passport. They didn't ask for any more documents. And it been six months now no visa,  they ended up placing us on AP. I've called to know if they needed anything they said no. Since December when they last updated the case. On the 6th and 7th this March it has been updated.  Do you think we should be expecting good news at any time now. Pls .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello Lizlus, 

With AP, no one can really tell what is going on or when the process is going to end. My case has been pending AP since November 2016 yet they are holding my passport, and no matter how many times I try enquiring, the answer is still the same. The embassy is not allowed to give out any information concerning administrative processing. My date was updated everyday for a whole week in February but no change in status. So all you can do now is be patient and hope your visa will be issued soon. 

Edited by Debkay

1 hour ago, Debkay said:

Hello Lizlus, 

With AP, no one can really tell what is going on or when the process is going to end. My case has been pending AP since November 2016 yet they are holding my passport, and no matter how many times I try enquiring, the answer is still the same. The embassy is not allowed to give out any information concerning administrative processing. My date was updated everyday for a whole week in February but no change in status. So all you can do now is be patient and hope your visa will be issued soon. 

Thanks dear, I just pray that they make decision this week that will favor us. Today again the case has been updated,  our case has been since September. We're believing God for it to end this month. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Lizlus said:

Thanks dear, I just pray that they make decision this week that will favor us. Today again the case has been updated,  our case has been since September. We're believing God for it to end this month. 

I hope all will go well for you this week. If it keeps updating like that you might hear good news soon. Let's just hope for the best. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Debkay said:

I hope all will go well for you this week. If it keeps updating like that you might hear good news soon. Let's just hope for the best. 

Hello my freind !!

I am in administrative processing 5 months now, and the consulate contacted me in January to tell me that my file is back to uscis, just to tell you that update is not good news in administrativre processing, I had updates too, and even my relationship with my fiancail is all destroyed because of AP ... I advise you to make the cr1

Timeline
19 hours ago, marouane said:

Hello my freind !!

I am in administrative processing 5 months now, and the consulate contacted me in January to tell me that my file is back to uscis, just to tell you that update is not good news in administrativre processing, I had updates too, and even my relationship with my fiancail is all destroyed because of AP ... I advise you to make the cr1

Hello dear,

I am sorry to hear that, but sometimes daily updates could mean the visa is on its way to be issued. Now since your file was returned to USCIS, your fiance should be contacted soon with either Notice of Intent to Revoke or Notice of Intent to Deny. There is still hope. You can find more information about NOIR and NOID in the links below:

https://www.uscis.gov/unassigned/immigrant-visa-petitions-returned-state-department-consular-offices

https://dyanwilliamslaw.com/2016/06/notice-of-intent-to-deny-i-130-or-i-129f-petition-huge-hurdle-to-clear-in-marriage-based-green-card-case/

Edited by Debkay

8 minutes ago, Debkay said:

Hello dear,

I am sorry to hear that, but sometimes daily updates could mean the visa is on its way to be issued. Now since your file was returned to USCIS, your fiance should be contacted soon with either Notice of Intent to Revoke or Notice of Intent to Deny. There is still hope. You can find more information about NOIR and NOID in the links below:

https://www.uscis.gov/unassigned/immigrant-visa-petitions-returned-state-department-consular-offices

https://dyanwilliamslaw.com/2016/06/notice-of-intent-to-deny-i-130-or-i-129f-petition-huge-hurdle-to-clear-in-marriage-based-green-card-case/

They don't review returned I-129Fs anymore (long reason but it's generally actually a good thing). They let them expire at the service center now, allowing the petitioner to refile or marry then file for a CR-1 instead.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
34 minutes ago, geowrian said:

They don't review returned I-129Fs anymore (long reason but it's generally actually a good thing). They let them expire at the service center now, allowing the petitioner to refile or marry then file for a CR-1 instead.

Okay, hope your fiance will be able to file for a CR-1 then. All the best. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.