Yang&Josh

My 1 day medical exam experience

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First of all, I wanna thank all the people here in VJ who have helped me prepare for my medical exam which I just did today. Yey, I finished the whole medical exam which includes the physical exam and immunization for 1 day at St. Luke's. Yes 1 day! ? I went there like 4am and got #10. They started calling the numbers around 6am. Had a short interview in the releasing area part then proceeded to pay the amount of 16,042.50. After that, I did my laboratory exam and they had a hard time extracting blood from me, so now, my arm is red-violet and looks like a bruise. Then, I had my immunization interview at 2nd floor then proceeded for my urine testing since I felt like peeing already. After that, I had my physical exam. Simple height and weight, blood pressure and eye test. The last part was when I needee to go to a private room with the doctor. She asked me to take off my clothes except for my bra and underwear. Before the medical, I really thought that I'll be fully naked. Good that I wasn't lol. The doctor did not touch anything from me like my boobs, ####### and butt. I really thought also that the doctor will really check it because thay is what everyone is saying. She just let me face the other side. Good. I finish all the physical exams around 9:45 am. I was asked to go to the GF to wait for my immunization instructions. It's been 2 hours but my name wasn't called yet so I just decided to eat outside since I felt like fainting already. I went back at 12:30pm and asked the staff if my name was called already but he said no. Around 2pm, I almost cried because I wasn't called yet , I really thought that there are some complications with me which made it so long because the people I met at St. Luke's were asked to go home and just come back on Tuesday to have their immunization. I was really nervous. I went to the comfort room and prayed a lot hoping that everything will be fine. After 10 mins... Hola..! I heard my name and I was asked to go to the immunization room in the 2nd floor, I was wondering why when my expectation was they will just give me instructions like come back on Tuesday to have my vaccines since Monday is a holiday. Luckily, I got the 2 vaccine shots. I was asked to wait in the GF again for the results. I was still thinking if I need to go back on Tuesday or not. After almost 2 hours and yay, my results are in. It includes there an envelope which is sealed and you're not allowed to open, a CD with your chest exam, and other docs. Then the staff told me that I'm set for interview. Wow! I was really amazed and happy for my 13-hour stay at St. Luke's is so worth it. So now, I can go home to Dumaguete which is 1 and a half hour travel from Manila and prepare for my interview which will be on the 19th. Now, I know the reason why my fiancé told me to just book a one -way flight instead of booking a round trip til Wednesday next week. Also, when he mistakenly booked my hotel til Saturday only instead of Wednesday.  Everything has reasons. Don't forget to pray. Goodluck to our journeys. And Godbless to my interview and so as yours. ?

Congratulations!  Don't forget to  do CFO in Manila or Cebu.  You will need it before you can fly to the US.  You can either do it prior to your visa being issued but will need to return for a sticker after the visa is issued or complete CFO after your have your visa issued.  Good Luck!!!

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

Sent I-485: December 20, 2016

USCIS delivered: December 23, 2016

USCIS received: December 27, 2016

I-765 Notice Date: January 12, 2017

I-131 Notice Date: January 12, 2017

I-485 Notice Date: January 12, 2017

Biometrics Date: February 10, 2017

I-765 Approved: March 30, 2017 (93 days)

I-131 Approved: March 30, 2017 (93 days)

I-485 Approved: June 6, 2017 (161 days)

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

Sent I-751: May 6, 2019

USCIS delivered: May 9, 2019

USCIS received: May 9, 2019

I-751 Notice Date: May 14, 2019

I-751 received Date: May 17, 2019

Biometrics received Date: June 8, 2019

Biometrics Date: June 20, 2019

Transfer to PSC Date: February 20, 2020

RFI received Date: October 20, 2020

RFI submitted to USCIS Date: January 14, 2021

ADIT Stamp received: March 3, 2021

ADIT Stamp received: March 24, 2021

I-751/N-400 Combo Interview Scheduled: April 7, 2022

I-751 Approved: April 7, 2022 (1064 days)

Citizenship Journey

Spoiler

N-400 Submitted Online: March 05, 2021

USCIS received: March 05, 2021

N-400 Notice Date: March 05, 2021

I-751/N-400 Combo Interview Scheduled: April 7, 2022

N-400 Approved: April 7, 2022 (398 days)

Oath Ceremony: April 7, 2022 (398 days)

Certificate of Naturalization Issued: April 7, 2022 (398 days)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife completed her medical in one day also, not very common to do that. Cool!  ;)

As for the CD, if you want to open go ahead, no one wants it ..  after years of it laying in a drawer I suggested to my wife that she toss it.. but it is still sitting in a drawer. :lol:

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline
9 hours ago, javadown2 said:

That is awesome, glad you got it done in one day! Good luck with your interview, let us know how that goes to. When do you plan on coming to the US?

Thank you. ? Hopefully February.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations on finishing it in one day. I hope my fiancee can do that as well. We were supposed to do it Monday but the hospital is closed, so Tuesday will have to do. Her interview is on Thursday. 

F2A Visa

I-130 submitted: 03/05/2020

I-130 NOA1: 03/10/2020

I-I30 NOA2: 02/03/2021

DQ at NVC: 06/24/2021

Filed: Timeline
32 minutes ago, Vytra said:

Congratulations on finishing it in one day. I hope my fiancee can do that as well. We were supposed to do it Monday but the hospital is closed, so Tuesday will have to do. Her interview is on Thursday. 

This doesn't apply to you now, but it is possible to do CFO in the morning like on Wednesday and then complete Medical same day.  It seems the later you go during the week the faster medical is. Then go back next day for results.   

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, MarkPerry said:

This doesn't apply to you now, but it is possible to do CFO in the morning like on Wednesday and then complete Medical same day.  It seems the later you go during the week the faster medical is. Then go back next day for results.   

MarkPerry, you don't get the results the same day if you complete it in one day (assuming you arrive early in the morning.)?

F2A Visa

I-130 submitted: 03/05/2020

I-130 NOA1: 03/10/2020

I-I30 NOA2: 02/03/2021

DQ at NVC: 06/24/2021

11 minutes ago, Vytra said:

MarkPerry, you don't get the results the same day if you complete it in one day (assuming you arrive early in the morning.)?

So after you complete Medical don't you know if you passed or failed?  If you fail then you have to reschedule your interview?

13 minutes ago, Vytra said:

I was talking about going around 1 pm on Wednesday.  Should only take about one hour for the medical.  Then show up next morning for the results

Timeline
2 hours ago, MarkPerry said:

So after you complete Medical don't you know if you passed or failed?  If you fail then you have to reschedule your interview?

You will then know your results when you're done with everything. Results are released at the releasing area. Make sure to be patient. ?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Vytra said:

Yes you do.  If you complete the medical in one day you will get your vaccinations and medical file before you walk out the door at SLEC

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.