JQ85

Nervous about how we met.. Though common.

47 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2017 at 9:31 PM, JQ85 said:

Hi guys,

My fiance is from the Philippines and we met 3 years ago on a site called ChristianDatingForFree.com. Well... We have emails galore, I have two visits under my belt etc... So good, solid evidence (pics, passport stamps)...

The only thing I'm nervous about now is how we met. Someone suggest to NEVER say you met online, but we obviously don't want to lie.. I've searched similar posts and just want some fresh suggestions etc.

I already receieved a letter from the website stating they are NOT a marriage broker.

People have said "if you met online, expect an RFE"... Logically, you would suggest I send the letter from the website with my 129 packet (the "not a marriage broker letter"... But I'm worried if I send that from the start and STILL get an RFE, I wont have a backup plan...

Has anybody else used that specific website wr met on?? Is it true that if they say "we need marriage broker paperwork" that isn't real or unobtainable, we'll be royally stuck or screwed?

Nervous here... Need the advice of this amazing forum.

It is okay if you met online. Just make sure you print the terms and conditions of the site and it is mentioned there that it is free. Hell the name of the site itself has the word FREE on it. :) You even have an email from them saying that they are not a marriage broker. Go on with the petition and do not listen to the people who told you that meeting online would merit you an RFE. We wouldn't be approved if there was any truth to their statements :P 

Best of luck! :)

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I met my husband online and never had any problem when we did the K1 Visa. They get this all the time. People meet online ALL the time. Proceed with your visa journey. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.