Michelle Mungcal

Help Please! Filed DCF Seoul Approved but no case number

5 posts in this topic

Hello! I filed Dcf at Seoul for ir5 visa petition for my parents last Nov 25, 2016 and got approved Dec 15, 2016 and on the notice of approval they told us that they are going to send the case to USEM Manila for further processing of visa (which is because my parents are in the Philippines and live there) but we didn't received case number or heard anything after the approval notice. Can someone tell me if how are we going to get the casenumber and are they going to send us packet for what's next step?

Thank you and have a good day ?

Yes, I'm at the same step you are. It's just a waiting game: wait for them to send you further instructions via email/snail mail. Since it's your parents, they might contact your parents directly because they are the beneficiaries. I was told that after the approval of the I-130, it's my husband (the beneficiary) who will be contacted next so I assume that it's basically the same in your situation and your parents need to be on the look out.

You can always try to contact someone at the Embassy to clarify things. If you did DCF, shouldn't there be a direct line you can call if you have any questions? That's how it is here.

03639.png                  

🇷🇺  ♥  CR-1 via DCF in Moscow! ♥  🇺🇸

Spoiler

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad :3
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Embassy
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received :]

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview - approved!

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

I-90 GC Replacment (for Erroneous GC)

Spoiler

22-Jul-2017: GC arrives in the mail – middle name is cut off 😕

01-Aug-2017: Sent in I-90 online via website

05-Aug-2017: Biometrics scheduled

23-Aug-2017: Biometrics done @ USCIS office; kept GC!

16-Jul-2018: RFE for supporting docs!! D:<

31-Jul-2018: USCIS Appointment at local field office..

22-Aug-2018: Mailed GC back to USCIS in response to RFE

29-Aug-2018: GC received by USCIS

17-Sept-2018: Received CORRECTED GC in the mail! Finally!!

18 hours ago, millefleur said:

Yes, I'm at the same step you are. It's just a waiting game: wait for them to send you further instructions via email/snail mail. Since it's your parents, they might contact your parents directly because they are the beneficiaries. I was told that after the approval of the I-130, it's my husband (the beneficiary) who will be contacted next so I assume that it's basically the same in your situation and your parents need to be on the look out.

You can always try to contact someone at the Embassy to clarify things. If you did DCF, shouldn't there be a direct line you can call if you have any questions? That's how it is here.

Thanks for you response! ? Yeah. I already contacted USEM Seoul, USEM Manila, and Uscis. Usem seoul replied and told me that they already sent the case to Usem manila and wait for a few more weeks since transferring the case might take a while and Usem manila are the one who's going to give us the case number once Consular Visa Section there receives our case. So we're still on the waiting game.

Am facing the exact same issue. Yet in my case the consular section did contact me a month ago to confirm my mailing address. Means they received my petition.   But isn't it too long to wait for them to send me anything? Its exactly 32 days simce they called to confirm. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.