NancyArellano

What comes after 1 year ban For admitting drug use is up

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/4/2017 at 0:39 PM, CocoaCat said:

@NancyArellano Hi Nancy, congratulations on your husband visa approved! I've been following your case since is very similar to mine. My husband was denied his green car and was given a 1 year ban for admitting marijuana use. His interview was April 7th 2016. We were told to contact them after April 2016. We called on April 8th thinking that after this day his case will be reopen but they told us to call back on May 2017. We called this week and they said there is no news and that they will send a report to the consulate. I am assuming this is to re-open the case? Is this normal? Also it will be more than a year since his last interview so I assumed he will have to go to both physical and interview. We have all the paperwork, new police letters, monthly drug tests ( our lawyer recommended us we did this to demostrare remision). I guess no we just keep waiting.. :( ?? any words of encouragement will be appreciate. Thanks!

Hi, thank you for the kind wishes :) It does sound like our cases are very similar. Have you checked in again? I am really sorry I am now replying to you.

Timeline
On 8/3/2017 at 1:39 PM, Chuch1212 said:

@NancyArellano please tell me about your case , im goi g through the same thing  i know every case is different but i need an idea of whats next 

Or anybody have information regarthing what happens after 1 year ban 

Hi, well, my fiance had his interview on May 2016 and was given a 1 year ban for admitting the use of marihuana in the past. His interview went very well, and in fact, we didnt have any other problems but the medical exam. So they told us to call back January 2017 and check the case. We did, and it wasnt until March that they gave us clear instructions as to what to do. Long story short, we did the interview and medical exam again. The medical exam was quick, but they were very strict with my fiance. He did pass though, wooo! and on the Interview they only asked him to show give his medical exam, and asked him whether he had tried to immigrate illegally to the US in the past, he said no, and they told him his visa was approved. Let me know if I can help you with any additional information.

Timeline

Yes yes you can help me a lot by providing me information of the first interview what exactly did that blue or yellow sheet said did the officer told him that his 601a waiver was revoked ?  did he have a 601 approved before he left the United States , if it was for a year why did you go back before the year  for a 2nd interview ? 

Timeline

During the first interview they just asked him how long he had known me for, what were his plans for work upon arrival, etc. He was given a blue sheet, this blue sheet stated that he had been given a one year ban and he had to call back January 2017 to reopen his case. We were not sure what to do, so that same day when he was given the blue sheet, my fiance and I went to the info window and asked what  the blue sheet meant and what we needed to do. The man there said we just had to wait, and call in January. My fiance lived in Mexico, he had never been in the states prior to us meeting. We met in Mexico. We actually went back for the 2nd interview 11 months after the first one.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, NancyArellano said:

During the first interview they just asked him how long he had known me for, what were his plans for work upon arrival, etc. He was given a blue sheet, this blue sheet stated that he had been given a one year ban and he had to call back January 2017 to reopen his case. We were not sure what to do, so that same day when he was given the blue sheet, my fiance and I went to the info window and asked what  the blue sheet meant and what we needed to do. The man there said we just had to wait, and call in January. My fiance lived in Mexico, he had never been in the states prior to us meeting. We met in Mexico. We actually went back for the 2nd interview 11 months after the first one.

Wow i still cant belive you were allowed to go back at 11 months , so in the blue sheet excatly said CALL back on january , it didn't say " you can re do medical exam after this date" ? You personally schedule  the 2nd interview ... ?

Timeline

The blue sheet said "El solicitante usa una sustancia controlada. Usted puede obtener una nueva examinacion medica en esta fecha [ENERO 2017] para demostrar que usted ya no usa sustancias controladas"

When I called to check up on my case, they told me I had to call back in February. They told me I had to continue to check in, and check in, until they could tell what was next. First they sent me a letter give instructions on how to print out a sheet indicating the clinic where he did the first medical exam, that he was to do them again. Then, we were sent another letter stating that we needed to make an appointment at the consulate for another interview. That was pretty much it. We didnt have to fill out anything else.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/4/2017 at 3:16 PM, Chuch1212 said:

Yes yes you can help me a lot by providing me information of the first interview what exactly did that blue or yellow sheet said did the officer told him that his 601a waiver was revoked ?  did he have a 601 approved before he left the United States , if it was for a year why did you go back before the year  for a 2nd interview ? 

We had an approved I601a before 1st interview and before leaving the US, but any time you are found inadmissible for any other reason than illegal entry or stay you have to file for another waiver after ban has been completed from your country of origin then this is called the I601 waiver. You can not go back for a new physical until the time or date that is written on the form they gave you at the first interview. You will need that for when you go for a new physical and interview. After the new physical just walk over to window at consular and tell them you need information letter on what to do next and they will give it to you. Then do what the letter says, you will get an appointment a few days later and most likely told you need a new waiver. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, greyson.rizo said:

We had an approved I601a before 1st interview and before leaving the US, but any time you are found inadmissible for any other reason than illegal entry or stay you have to file for another waiver after ban has been completed from your country of origin then this is called the I601 waiver. You can not go back for a new physical until the time or date that is written on the form they gave you at the first interview. You will need that for when you go for a new physical and interview. After the new physical just walk over to window at consular and tell them you need information letter on what to do next and they will give it to you. Then do what the letter says, you will get an appointment a few days later and most likely told you need a new waiver. 

Yeh im on that , did you pick up the black package from medical when the ban was up ?  I went to the the medical exam and walked to the window of the US consulate  last tuesday  and still waiting for interview date , i cant schedule an interview online like they told me to. I called the embassy and have to wait until they approve the request it then schedule the appoinemt. Did you have to do that ?

Timeline
10 hours ago, Chuch1212 said:

Yeh im on that , did you pick up the black package from medical when the ban was up ?  I went to the the medical exam and walked to the window of the US consulate  last tuesday  and still waiting for interview date , i cant schedule an interview online like they told me to. I called the embassy and have to wait until they approve the request it then schedule the appoinemt. Did you have to do that ?

Yes they told the same thing but we had already had experience with requesting something for them that was supposed to take 3 business days and it took 2 weeks. So my husband went to window and stated after waiting the three days that they still had not open account online and so we could not print the receipt for DHL to send medical exam or make a consular interview appointment. SO made the appointment at the window and told him to bring medical with him that same day. He was in line at window before they opened. Like before 7 am I think. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/7/2017 at 10:03 PM, Chuch1212 said:

No they let him make an appointment at the window cause same thing happen to us. A updates?

• 2 months later...

Can anyone help me I had my medical exam and when I was asked on my ds260 for if I was an abuser or addict I said no because I only used when I was 15 I am 22 now and at the exam they asked if i ever used drugs i said yes the truth fot about 6 months when i was 15 will I get the 1 year ban I'm freaking out my interview is in 2 days 

Edited by Jbriones23

Timeline

Hi, 

Were you sent to psychology? If you were not sent to psychology you have nothing to worry about :)

Also, tell me, were you given your full packet to take to the interview?

59 minutes ago, NancyArellano said:

Hi, 

Were you sent to psychology? If you were not sent to psychology you have nothing to worry about :)

Also, tell me, were you given your full packet to take to the interview?

Yes I was that's why I'm worried they asked about my use and why I did it and why I stopped using it which I answered I used about 6 months maybe 2 to 3 times a week out of curiosity and I had no problem leaving it. I receive a black packet that they told me to take to interview

Timeline

You should be fine. When my husband was asked about his drug use, he stated he had used it at a young age and also that he had just a few months ago tried something that, same as you, just tried out of curiosity and had no trouble stopping. He was not given the black packet, which was indicative that he had not passed the medical exam.

Don't worry, you passed and I highly doubt you will be given the one year ban.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.