NancyArellano

What comes after 1 year ban For admitting drug use is up

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone, my fiancé was banned for admitting to drug use (marihuana) years ago. The year ban is over this month. What do I do? I was told to call and receive further instructions.

Anyone knows what is to follow?

Will he have to be interviewed again, in addition to have another medical exam?

He did his medical exam and interview in May 2016, in Ciudad Juarez.

Congrats on your one year ban being removed! 

Since each embassy is different, I would contact that specific embassy as you were told. 

He will more than likely have to redo his medical, but this time around should be alot quicker and smoother. 

Good luck! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You should email the embassy and ask for his eligibility date.  That is the date his ban is over.  You should also ask for instructions on what to do from there.

In Jamaica, they send you another letter for a new medical (yes, he will need another one) and set another interview date (yes, he will need another one).  Any documents that are over one year old have to be updated....i.e. police certificate, I-134, etc.  Those are brought to the second interview.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your input :)

I just called today and they´ve sent notice to reopen my case and send me another interview letter.

Our last interview was in May-- Does my fiancé have to take all the documents again for the new interview?

Also, I´ve been living in México for almost a year now, and living with my fiancé. We started a business and it´s going super! I actually make more in México than I did in the States. Does that hurt me? That I am currently in Mexico and not in the States?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Documents will need to be updated.  I sent my then fiance a new I-134, updated paystubs and employment letter, letter of intent to marry, etc.  Depending on how old his police certification is that may need updating...my then husbands did.

The second interview will probably go very quickly if everything is in order.  Kind of just a fomality as long as he has remained clean. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband also a one year ban and got a letter that said return en March 2017 for a new physical. That's all! We to date have not received any notification. Some say I have to wait till after March cause initial physical was done April 3rd and interview was done April 4th. I have not been told what new form to submit and do or when he can redo physical. Paper says March. If we have to wait till April the only day we could do it is April 3 because after the 4th the one years will have passed and also the 2nd and 3rd are weekend. Any help is appreciated. We done everything in jaurez. Who can I call or contact? I need help ASAP.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:07 AM, NancyArellano said:

Thanks everyone for your input :)

I just called today and they´ve sent notice to reopen my case and send me another interview letter.

Our last interview was in May-- Does my fiancé have to take all the documents again for the new interview?

Also, I´ve been living in México for almost a year now, and living with my fiancé. We started a business and it´s going super! I actually make more in México than I did in the States. Does that hurt me? That I am currently in Mexico and not in the States?

Domicile might be a concern as you are both currently living outside of USA. I recommend searching about Domicile in the VJ forums in this regard.

Edited by ShanghaiSurfer

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 19/2/2017 at 9:39 PM, greyson.rizo said:

Can you please give me the info for calling or sending a email????

Hi, did you guys have the interview and medical exam done in Juarez. If so, call this number 656-344-3003.

You will not recieve any notification from consulate, until you call. Do not wait until it's been a year. Call ASAP! :) 

Timeline

Thank you so much, I called other numbers I was given and finally got a hold of a man whim i had a hard time understanding. I tried to explain to him I wanted to reopen case and asked did I need to update or bring anything new with us. He said they has everything just go for a new immigration physical after March, but before the one year was up I asked him when that was and he said by the 5th. I reminded him the only day was the 3rd of April cause 1st and 2nd will be on weekend. He said nothing can be done and I would not receive anything by mail or email that he knew of. So thank you so much I will try this number today and see what I can get figured out. He has already scheduled new physical on 4/3/2017. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, greyson.rizo said:

Thank you so much, I called other numbers I was given and finally got a hold of a man whim i had a hard time understanding. I tried to explain to him I wanted to reopen case and asked did I need to update or bring anything new with us. He said they has everything just go for a new immigration physical after March, but before the one year was up I asked him when that was and he said by the 5th. I reminded him the only day was the 3rd of April cause 1st and 2nd will be on weekend. He said nothing can be done and I would not receive anything by mail or email that he knew of. So thank you so much I will try this number today and see what I can get figured out. He has already scheduled new physical on 4/3/2017. 

Yeah when my fiance and i were denied in May, we quickly asked what was next. The man told us we did not need to do another interview, just the physical exam. Then, the time comes, and we're told we Have to go to Juarez for the interview. They are so unclear lol

Try calling the number I gave ya. First choose English, then 3 for immigrant visa, then wait for it to twll you to press 1 to speak with a representative.

let me know how it goes.

Timeline

Thank you again, I will keep you updated. We have so many questions. We were never given any directions, just to return for a new physical as well. Do you know how long after that before he should be able to come home. I have questions like do we need to update anything, does he need to mail anything in with his new physical. Where and when will they send us something to go through POE and come home. I get so upset cause i have contacted so many and they give me different stories or they act like it is some big secret. That last person i talk to said he did not see where we had to re do anything or resubmitted or update anything. All he needed to do was have a new physical done and send it in before the 5th of April so we are scheduled for April 3rd, that was our only choice. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.