KandE

Extension stamp, when to get one?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi all,

It looks like everyone has different info about when we should get an extension stamp in passport if I-751 has been pending for a year or more. 

The extension letter received in the beginning of the process, does it extend status to the date on the NOA to a year later or does it extend the green card dates? 

Please let me know your thoughts! 

Thank you.

I am curious about this too. When I went to MVD to get my state id,the expiration they put was my NOA date. Because I needed it fast for a new job, I did not make a fuss about it. Now, I think my ROC can take a lot longer.

Filed I-130 DCF: May 27, 2014 Here's what happened (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498046-filed-dcf-today-5-27-2014/ )

I-130 Approved on:June 4,2014

Interview July 18, 2014 (Approved) You can read this ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/506247-interview/ )

Got the Visa Packet!! July 23,2014

POE: SEATTLE July 28,2014

--------------------------------------------

GREEN CARD AND SSC STATUS

August 25,2014 Went to SSA to see what's going on with my SSC- SAVE has my middle name together with my first name.

August 28,2014 ELIS went from ACCEPTED TO OPTIMIZED IN PROCESS (INITIAL REVIEW)

September 2 Called local ssa and was told SSC was mailed/Elis says Green CARD production has begun

September 4,2014-received ssc

September 8,2014- green card mailed/closed on elis

September 9,2014- green card received yahooo!!

---------------------------------------------------------

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Mailed Packet: 4/29/2016

NOA1: 5/2/2016

Bio Appt: 6/1/2016

Approval:2/13/2017

Received 10 year green card:2/17/2017

My husband's NOA date was in February while his green card expire date was in April.  We went through US customs at Dublin airport in early December, and the person we spoke with told us they go by the date on the NOA letter. If we plan to travel out of the US again after the NOA Feb expire date, we need the stamp.  Seeing as we're at the VSC he'll be getting an appointment to get the stamp later this month or early next month to make sure he's all set.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.