Mtsm

Giving birth in the US

49 posts in this topic

~~moved from bringing family members of USC to the USA to off topic. Topic is about birth costs in the USA not immigrant visas or moving to the USA~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

21 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

Wait...so you suggest US Citizens should pay for your babies delivery?  I always heard Canada had THE BEST MEDICAL CARE IN THE WORLD.  What happened to that?

FTFY: American taxpayers

28 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

Wait...so you suggest US Citizens should pay for your babies delivery?  I always heard Canada had THE BEST MEDICAL CARE IN THE WORLD.  What happened to that?

Uhm, who said the OP was Canadian? 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mtsm said:

Hi kierenhby, 

i am am not sure how your question is relevant to the cost of birth in the US , but to answer your question no we didn't know that we are having a baby but a week ago, my issue isn't with visa and immigration , we are more concenered on the hidden costs behind baby birth. 

Thank you all for your time and help 

I think you are missing the point. It doesn't matter if you are given the quote relevant to the cost of giving birth in the USA....The point people are trying to make to you is that is not the only concern you should have. You should also be concerned with Customs even letting her in...So in a way your issue is with the visa and immigration. Once you get here they may just turn you away....Because as you are not concerned with the visa and immigration...Customs and Border Patrol are concerned with that and they are concerned with your wife becoming a public charge and trying to adjust her status illegally. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, David & Zoila said:

I've never said that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Emergency Medicaid covers birth tourists

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

20 hours ago, Mtsm said:

Hello , 

I am a US citizen residing outside of the United States, I am married to a non US citizen and are planning on delivering our baby in the US, in Philadelphia to be specific, I am not aware of visa requirements for my wife for this specific purpose, we were in Philadelphia last October and she was granted a tourist visa for 3 months, Does anyone know about cost of giving birth ( are we eligible for Medicaid , or as citizen should I buy insurance , or any other advice ). 

17 hours ago, David & Zoila said:

16 hours ago, Transborderwife said:

I've never said that.

Oh, but you did say that, and I quote: "are we eligible for Medicaid?"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
26 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

look again...I never said that.

4 hours ago, David & Zoila said:

It would be helpful if you paid attention to who was posting what you quoted.

On 1/3/2017 at 1:59 PM, Mtsm said:

10 minutes ago, NikLR said:

It would be helpful if you paid attention to who was posting what you quoted.

On 1/3/2017 at 1:59 PM, Mtsm said:

I stand corrected.  It was the original poster who said this:    From Mtsm   Hello , 

I am a US citizen residing outside of the United States, I am married to a non US citizen and are planning on delivering our baby in the US, in Philadelphia to be specific, I am not aware of visa requirements for my wife for this specific purpose, we were in Philadelphia last October and she was granted a tourist visa for 3 months, Does anyone know about cost of giving birth ( are we eligible for Medicaid , or as citizen should I buy insurance , or any other advice ). 

Forgive my confusion...I just hate paying other peoples bills.  I work 70 hours a week and everyone wants free medical...???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
5 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

I stand corre I work 70 hours a week and everyone wants free medical...???

Yup

Emergency Medicaid in this case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”