Stephen Spencer

Commissionaires Emailed-PDF Enough for Police Certificate?

37 posts in this topic

I decided to go with the commissionaire Ottawa one as well. They are sending me my hard copy. :D Super excited as our NOA2 came in the mail finally yesterday.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2017 at 9:28 AM, bracy said:

I was wondering if the police record that I got from the Toronto police department is sufficient? it's not exactly the same as what you everyone has in this thread. 

police.jpg

looks like a name check and should be fine.  Just a weird looking name check that's all. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/7/2017 at 11:28 AM, bracy said:

I was wondering if the police record that I got from the Toronto police department is sufficient? it's not exactly the same as what you everyone has in this thread. 

police.jpg

Mine looked similar to this, but it had an embossed seal. When I handed it to the woman before my interview, she didn't even barely look  at it, I believe they have seen many versions.

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2017 at 12:57 PM, Peot said:

Have to confirm. Also from Winnipeg.

Took 7 weeks to the day. Paid $45 downtown. Literally was the form I had filled out sent back to me with a sticker on it and some confirmations. All of that waiting for THAT? Crazy. I'm so glad I went to get it long before I received Packet 3, because a 2 month wait is a bit much for a sticker.

The same police check is done through registered businesses almost instantly... takes a few days.... but since this is for immigration, it takes a lot longer to get that hard copy back.

Did you do your check via Commissionaires or through police station? 

• 2 months later...
On 1/8/2018 at 11:03 AM, DeepakChani said:

Did you do your check via Commissionaires or through police station? 

Extremely old post, but hopefully still relevant to some - I did this through the police station HQ downtown. Reportedly the only place that does immigration-based checks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.