HopefullyHers

Montreal K1 visa- Anyone else in administration processing

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, HopefullyHers said:

Today made it 60 days. My fiancé is the one who needs the visa. She'll be leaving as soon as she gets the passport back. 

Im sure you guys will get it soon. Don't lose hope. 

Hope she'll have her passport soon. All my best wishes for you guys, finally, you can start your new life together :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, baby74 said:

Hope she'll have her passport soon. All my best wishes for you guys, finally, you can start your new life together :)

Thank you and good luck to you guys. I hope you get through soon ?

12 hours ago, HopefullyHers said:

I think once your identifying information, like your case number, is in there, then you'll be ok.

Yes that's exactly what I ended up doing!

4 hours ago, HopefullyHers said:

Actually it said Ready later today and I just checked back and it says issued!!!!!! ???

and Congrats!!!

Edited by nanaaalex

Nov 2009..............Became friends on facebook

April 2012.............Met for the 1st time

June 2012............Started dating

May 8th 2015.......I-129f sent

May 12th 2015.....I-129f received

May 14th 2015.....NOA1 hard copy notice date

May 15th 2015.....NOA1 email/text received

July 8th 2015........NOA2 email received

Sep 9th 2015........Packet 3 received

Oct 10th 2015.......Packet 3 sent

Oct 16th 2015.......Packet 4 received

Jan 28th 2016......Medical

Feb 10th 2016......Interview (Missing financial papers need to be sent) in AP

Feb 1st 2017........Missing financial papers sent & delivered

Feb 6th 2017.......Consulate requested more documents (new medical, police certificate, etc (now expired))

Mar 7th 2017.......Medical (since the 2016 one expired)

Mar 14th 2017.....New documents requested sent & delivered

May 17th 2017....Interview passed (FINALLY OMG)

May 19th 2017....Passport with k1 Visa received

Aug 26th 2017.....POE

Sept 1st 2017....Wedding

Jan 26th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 2nd 2018......Rejection

Feb 9th 2018.......Rejection letter received

Feb 10th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 20th 2018......NOA date

Mar 8th 2018........Biometrics

Apr 26th 2018......Received interview notice

May 29th 2018.....Interview (Approved!!)

June 2nd 2018.....Notification that the green card has been shipped

June 3rd 2018........Approval letter received

June 8th 2018.......Green card received

Timeline

Hi guys!

I am CR1 in AP since Nov. 15th 2016. Interviewed on Nov 15th. Consular officer told me since our marriage was common-law (informal marriage in Texas) I was not eligible for CR1 visa as family because the US fed. govt. does not recognize common-law  marriages. Therefore, he said case will be returned to USCIS. I pointed that common-law marriages in Texas are recognized by the state as having the same benefits as regular marriages. Anyways, he insisted they will return case and USCIS will decide if to revoke or re-confirm. He returned my passport and told me this process could take a really long time. At this point I was obviously devastated.

However, much to my relief, on Jan. 12th 2017, I received an e-mail from Consulate asking me to send documentation showing validity  of marriage and bonafide relationship. I sent lots of documents on Jan 16th: our baby's birth certificate, air tickets, receipts of money transfer, my RRSP showing my wife and son as beneficiaries, affidavit from my father and mother-in-laws attesting to our marriage, phone calls, and photos. I did not send my passport with the documents. They received the documents on Jan 17th and on Jan 18th last updated date changed to Jan 18th, presumably because they logged my documents or something.

On Jan 25th my status changed from AP to Ready. However, about 4 hours later it went back to AP. It's been AP since and there was no further communication from them.

Sorry for the long post folks. Has anyone been through anything like this? I appreciate your thoughts comments. Thank you.

Edited by MA&AA
typo

Timeline
34 minutes ago, MA&AA said:

Hi guys!

I am CR1 in AP since Nov. 15th 2016. Interviewed on Nov 15th. Consular officer told me since our marriage was common-law (informal marriage in Texas) I was not eligible for CR1 visa as family because the US fed. govt. does not recognize common-law  marriages. Therefore, he said case will be returned to USCIS. I pointed that common-law marriages in Texas are recognized by the state as having the same benefits as regular marriages. Anyways, he insisted they will return case and USCIS will decide if to revoke or re-confirm. He returned my passport and told me this process could take a really long time. At this point I was obviously devastated.

However, much to my relief, on Jan. 12th 2017, I received an e-mail from Consulate asking me to send documentation showing validity  of marriage and bonafide relationship. I sent lots of documents on Jan 16th: our baby's birth certificate, air tickets, receipts of money transfer, my RRSP showing my wife and son as beneficiaries, affidavit from my father and mother-in-laws attesting to our marriage, phone calls, and photos. I did not send my passport with the documents. They received the documents on Jan 17th and on Jan 18th last updated date changed to Jan 18th, presumably because they logged my documents or something.

On Jan 25th my status changed from AP to Ready. However, about 4 hours later it went back to AP. It's been AP since and there was no further communication from them.

Sorry for the long post folks. Has anyone been through anything like this? I appreciate your thoughts comments. Thank you.

Sadly I have. On Friday the status said ready then it said issued. Then on Saturday, it said ready and then it said administrative processing on Monday, yesterday. It's been in AP since yesterday.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, HopefullyHers said:

Sadly I have. On Friday the status said ready then it said issued. Then on Saturday, it said ready and then it said administrative processing on Monday, yesterday. It's been in AP since yesterday.

Ohhh no !!! I'm so sorry to hear that. :( I was so happy for you guys to know that it was over for you guys. :( Hope it'll return to issue soon .

No news for us :( Nothing is moving !

Timeline
3 hours ago, baby74 said:

Ohhh no !!! I'm so sorry to hear that. :( I was so happy for you guys to know that it was over for you guys. :( Hope it'll return to issue soon .

No news for us :( Nothing is moving !

It was so weird. I don't understand what could have happened. We got all excited and then we're kinda back to square one. I hope you guys hear something soon. When is your two months up?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, HopefullyHers said:

It was so weird. I don't understand what could have happened. We got all excited and then we're kinda back to square one. I hope you guys hear something soon. When is your two months up?

Our 2 months will ends up at Valentine's day. Hope that we'll have an "ready" screen by that time.

I saw on the Waivers forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/113-waivers-i-601-and-i-212-and-administrative-processes-221g/

I don't remember which subject I saw that post:  Posted January 11 · I have read, at least for the K-1 Visa process, that those who have seen their CEAC change from READY to AP back to READY then back to AP typically have their visa status change to ISSUED shortly, thereafter (like 1-2 days). I hope the same will happen for you. It does seem that each case is different, but as for the visa issuance process, this could be a good sign (especially since your 221G was for missing documents that you've provided and not to have more extensive background checks). Good luck!!

Hopefully this is what will happens with u guys. The system to process need to be rethink and redone. It doesn't make sense at all to switch AP to ready , twice or 3 times...for the same case ! They should not play with real people emotions by changing whatever the status if it's not a final decision. People like us planned their new life, moving their stuff, quitting their job,  ....so false ready status can create lot of problems if they decide to continue to put you in AP!

This is ridiculous !

Timeline
14 hours ago, baby74 said:

Our 2 months will ends up at Valentine's day. Hope that we'll have an "ready" screen by that time.

I saw on the Waivers forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/113-waivers-i-601-and-i-212-and-administrative-processes-221g/

I don't remember which subject I saw that post:  Posted January 11 · I have read, at least for the K-1 Visa process, that those who have seen their CEAC change from READY to AP back to READY then back to AP typically have their visa status change to ISSUED shortly, thereafter (like 1-2 days). I hope the same will happen for you. It does seem that each case is different, but as for the visa issuance process, this could be a good sign (especially since your 221G was for missing documents that you've provided and not to have more extensive background checks). Good luck!!

Hopefully this is what will happens with u guys. The system to process need to be rethink and redone. It doesn't make sense at all to switch AP to ready , twice or 3 times...for the same case ! They should not play with real people emotions by changing whatever the status if it's not a final decision. People like us planned their new life, moving their stuff, quitting their job,  ....so false ready status can create lot of problems if they decide to continue to put you in AP!

This is ridiculous !

I agree. They are playing with people's lives and if it says issued then it should just be issued. It's a good thing that we didn't make any plans or buy tickets but we told our parents already and we got so excited. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, HopefullyHers said:

I agree. They are playing with people's lives and if it says issued then it should just be issued. It's a good thing that we didn't make any plans or buy tickets but we told our parents already and we got so excited. 

Our case been update today but still in AP. At least, someone seems to take a look at it.

Timeline
3 hours ago, baby74 said:

Our case been update today but still in AP. At least, someone seems to take a look at it.

I'm happy that they're working on your case. Hopefully yours goes through soon.

Timeline
On 2/7/2017 at 5:01 PM, HopefullyHers said:

I hope it does not take long for you guys. I really hope for you guys they are just doing the final touches and everything is fine. Good luck

17 hours ago, baby74 said:

It is good that they are touching your file. It indicates it is not just sitting in somewhere. Good luck.

There is nothing new with my case. I will probably not hear anything from them until mid March which will be 60 days since I sent them documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.