Eric-Pris

How to find immigrant's Alien Registration Number?

3 posts in this topic

One of my family members came into the US on an immigrant visa.  We need to pay her $165 GC fee, but it asks for the A# online.

We don't have her passport as it has been sent out with the US passport application (she's a minor and her mother is a USC).  The passport application has been delayed over 6 months due to them requesting documents and such that are not available or do not exist.

So we want to pay the GC fee so she can have a GC while the passport gets processed.  The NOA2 (approval) does NOT have an A# on it.  I don't remember if they wrote it in her passport at POE (they don't always, my daughter they didn't, but for my wife did).

I can't think of where else it could be. 

45 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

The A# is in the letter received after the visa approval advising how to pay the green card fee.  The A# is also printed on the immigration visa.

As of Dec. 23, 2016, the fee is now $220.

Oh so it is printed on the visa?  Cool. 

Yep, I forgot about the increase.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.