nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 2/24/2017 at 4:07 PM, lutz said:

How to call the embassy in Accra?  The only number I have will only allow for those wishing to call about non immigrant visas.  I've sent letters and emails.  As far as I know, there is no way to 'call' the embassy.  If you know of a way, please share.  

did they reply your emails 

Timeline
10 hours ago, lutz said:

Same here.  They did reply, and it took about a month to get that reply.

Yes they did reply me too about a month ago after several emails I sent. Folks, I think all the current reaffirmed cases are still packed at the NVC offices, not yet sent, that is what I think and believe. Let's keep calling the NVC .Because any time I call NVC it's a different story. Although the NVC letter I received said, our case was sent to the consulate in Accra since December 29, 2016. I got this letter on around January 10, 2017

Timeline
22 hours ago, nyala62 said:

Yes they did reply me too about a month ago after several emails I sent. Folks, I think all the current reaffirmed cases are still packed at the NVC offices, not yet sent, that is what I think and believe. Let's keep calling the NVC .Because any time I call NVC it's a different story. Although the NVC letter I received said, our case was sent to the consulate in Accra since December 29, 2016. I got this letter on around January 10, 2017

Did you get a response from your Senator?  I got a response from the Ombudsman's office I had been using and they also stated that my husband's file had left the NVC on December 29, 2017.  I don't know what to do at this point.  Accra states they don't have it, and the NVC states they don't have it.  I will wait another week or so and contact the congressperson again. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Jenilyn and Awal said:

011233-302-741000

I called this number several times but no person answers, it is all automated answers. Please is there anyway to reach them? I doubt if really the case has been shipped to Accra, so I kept bombarding NVC with daily calls until they find my reaffirmed case.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I kept calling and using different combinations to the recordings , I think one asks for problem with appointment and I went with that and was transferred . May be someone on here has called recently? I called about a year ago 

Timeline
14 hours ago, nyala62 said:

I called this number several times but no person answers, it is all automated answers. Please is there anyway to reach them? I doubt if really the case has been shipped to Accra, so I kept bombarding NVC with daily calls until they find my reaffirmed case.

Hi Nyala,  When you call the NVC, what are they telling you?  Didn't you get an update from them via email or on one of the sites (I can't remember which, I believe the USCIS site was where mine was listed as having been sent from the NVC to Accra).  I'm curious what the NVC is telling you when you call them.  When I contact them, they just say the file has left their hands.  You said you got a letter on January 10,  what did the letter say that makes you believe the files are still at NVC?

Edited by lutz

Timeline
On 3/1/2017 at 0:41 PM, lutz said:

Hi Nyala,  When you call the NVC, what are they telling you?  Didn't you get an update from them via email or on one of the sites (I can't remember which, I believe the USCIS site was where mine was listed as having been sent from the NVC to Accra).  I'm curious what the NVC is telling you when you call them.  When I contact them, they just say the file has left their hands.  You said you got a letter on January 10,  what did the letter say that makes you believe the files are still at NVC?

lutz, Anytime I call NVC about our case, they say our case was sent to Accra on December 29, 2016. And always tell them the consulate also says they don't have it so where is the case now?. And the lady said she is putting notes on the case for a supervisor to work on the case to find out where the case is right now, so I'm waiting to call again on monday or tuesday and the struggle continues.........

Timeline
13 hours ago, nyala62 said:

lutz, Anytime I call NVC about our case, they say our case was sent to Accra on December 29, 2016. And always tell them the consulate also says they don't have it so where is the case now?. And the lady said she is putting notes on the case for a supervisor to work on the case to find out where the case is right now, so I'm waiting to call again on monday or tuesday and the struggle continues.........

Thanks for the update Nyala.  My lawyer spoke with a supervisor at Nvc, because the same was happening with my husband's case.....they say it's sent, Accra says they don't have it.  The NVC supervisor said it's been sent and to contact the embassy.  I sent another (about the 4th) email to Accra, and I am going to FedEx a written letter to them.  I don't know if it will help, but I'm going to keep trying.

Timeline
1 hour ago, kmking said:

Am also waiting for my case to finish review by uscis ,please keep as update, thank you 

kmking welcome ,are you also waiting for reaffirmation, your case was sent back from the embassy after unsuccessful interview? we wish you the best result from USCIS

Timeline
18 hours ago, nyala62 said:

kmking welcome ,are you also waiting for reaffirmation, your case was sent back from the embassy after unsuccessful interview? we wish you the best result from USCIS

am also waiting for reaffirmation so we should keep updating ourselves tank you

Edited by kwame???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.