nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

FYI, USPS has the cheapest overnight service!  It's 62.50 .  They always deliver on time with point to point tracking.  I think it outsourced through FedEx.     As of today, I still haven't heard anything about our case. I am submitting contacting my senator today.  Has anyone has any good results from seeking political help?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, REM4ALWAYS said:

FYI, USPS has the cheapest overnight service!  It's 62.50 .  They always deliver on time with point to point tracking.  I think it outsourced through FedEx.     As of today, I still haven't heard anything about our case. I am submitting contacting my senator today.  Has anyone has any good results from seeking political help?

REM4ALWAYS, Do USPS have overnight service to Ghana? I'm not sure anyway. I will check with them then.  Did you also get that update on ceac.state.gov wabsite lately? that says: EXPIRING SOON?

Timeline

I notice that many are using their Senators.  I have to say, that I contacted my congressperson, not Senator.  The congressperson for the district in which I live.  They have specific people working with immigration.  I haven't heard anything from mine yet.  Are you using Senator's office personnel, or Congressperson (by that I mean district representation, not state Senator).

Timeline
On 2/16/2017 at 11:47 AM, lutz said:

I notice that many are using their Senators.  I have to say, that I contacted my congressperson, not Senator.  The congressperson for the district in which I live.  They have specific people working with immigration.  I haven't heard anything from mine yet.  Are you using Senator's office personnel, or Congressperson (by that I mean district representation, not state Senator).

lutz I'm using my state senator . I don't where the congressperson is , I think all of them are government people so it is all the same. Did they receive your package at the Consulate? you will find out if you track it. I sent mine yesterday too and today I saw the same update message repeated yesterday 02/16/2017. This is crazy

Timeline

REM4ALWAYS, what's going on ? Any development on your reaffirmed case at the embassy in Ghana?..Did you also received the EXPIRING SOON update on ceac.state.gov website? Please keep us updated

Timeline
On 1/10/2017 at 9:56 PM, nyala62 said:

lutz, ours was also reaffirmed in December 2016, did you receive a reaffirmation letter from NVC?....I hope we all get interview dates soon. So let us keep each other updated through this forum

sure

Timeline
1 hour ago, nyala62 said:

kwame, are also in the boat with us? Did you get that ceac.state.gov update of : EXPIRING SOON?, if yes then what is that mean?

no i didnt and will update you if i get it but am going to ask my lawyer about it and address u guys

Timeline
15 minutes ago, kwame??? said:

no i didnt and will update you if i get it but am going to ask my lawyer about it and address u guys

15 minutes ago, kwame??? said:

Kwame sorry for bothering you, Please is your case reaffirmed case or a new interview wait?...Mine is a reaffirmed case

Timeline
On 2/17/2017 at 6:30 PM, nyala62 said:

lutz I'm using my state senator . I don't where the congressperson is , I think all of them are government people so it is all the same. Did they receive your package at the Consulate? you will find out if you track it. I sent mine yesterday too and today I saw the same update message repeated yesterday 02/16/2017. This is crazy

Hello, today is president's day so I believe the embassy is not open.  In addition to FedExing my own letter to the embassy about that Expiring Soon notice on the CEAC website, my lawyer's office called into the NVC, so she said not to worry about that notice.  She also filed another DS 260 for us which she filed electronically with the embassy.  She spoke with a supervisor at the NVC to find out why the embassy is not showing they have my husband's file yet, though it was sent from the NVC on Dec. 28, 2016.  That is almost 2 months now and the embassy says they don't have it.  She spoke with the supervisor during the middle of last week, so I am going to call my lawyer again tomorrow to see if she has followed up with it.  

Edited by lutz

Timeline

That expiring soon is a computer generated response. For a long time,  my status said the same, but on Feb 14th it  was updated to admin processing .  This is the message I have now "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached. 

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

As far as USPS overnight, I do not know. Rarely will FedEx or UPS get it there the next day. I've used both. It makes it around the same time, but USPS has a cheaper rate.

Edited by REM4ALWAYS

Timeline
41 minutes ago, REM4ALWAYS said:

That expiring soon is a computer generated response. For a long time,  my status said the same, but on Feb 14th it  was updated to admin processing .  This is the message I have now "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached. 

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

As far as USPS overnight, I do not know. Rarely will FedEx or UPS get it there the next day. I've used both. It makes it around the same time, but USPS has a cheaper rate.

REM4ALWAYS So you also have a reaffirmed case ? Yes I used USPS and I tracked it this morning and it's on the way to the Embassy. It is much cheaper.

Timeline

Our case was reaffirmed in July 2016 and was forwarded to the embassy same month, my wife got the ( CALL IN LETTER ) in October 2016 which i went to the embassy on the 26 October with the Call in Letter for an appointment. The embassy scheduled my interview on the 16th January 2017 which the embassy called me a month later to change my interview date to 18 January. There is nothing good about reaffirmed case at the US embassy in Ghana is all drama and story telling. After my interview the consular gave me 221g requesting for Co-sponsor and DNA request form. Same piece of papers was given to me in 2014 after my interview but they never called me for the DNA or ask me for the Co-sponsor. On my interview day the consular accused me for failing to attend a scheduled DNA test which i didn't show up, that was a big lie from the consular. After my interview IN 2014 the only call i got from the embassy was when they decided to return the case back to USCIS for REVOKE, don't get confused Mr. or Mrs reader ( on the 221g request form the consular gave me in 2014 they stated on it (WE WILL CALL) meaning i was not given an open appointment to submit the Co-sponsor that is the affidavit from the cosponsor. My dear brothers and sisters there is nothing good about reaffirmed cases at the US embassy in Ghana same drama people go through. Nobody is happy with the separation with his/her family living overseas, so what is the point of me not showing up for a DNA scheduled for me? The consular's has no respect for the people of Ghana thinking everybody is just suffering and looking for ways and means to run away...Our son will be 3 years tomorrow daddy is not there to celebrate his birthday so bad but God the almighty is fighting for us and will continue to do so..Wish everyone the best of luck.......

Timeline
13 minutes ago, jefraylee said:

Our case was reaffirmed in July 2016 and was forwarded to the embassy same month, my wife got the ( CALL IN LETTER ) in October 2016 which i went to the embassy on the 26 October with the Call in Letter for an appointment. The embassy scheduled my interview on the 16th January 2017 which the embassy called me a month later to change my interview date to 18 January. There is nothing good about reaffirmed case at the US embassy in Ghana is all drama and story telling. After my interview the consular gave me 221g requesting for Co-sponsor and DNA request form. Same piece of papers was given to me in 2014 after my interview but they never called me for the DNA or ask me for the Co-sponsor. On my interview day the consular accused me for failing to attend a scheduled DNA test which i didn't show up, that was a big lie from the consular. After my interview IN 2014 the only call i got from the embassy was when they decided to return the case back to USCIS for REVOKE, don't get confused Mr. or Mrs reader ( on the 221g request form the consular gave me in 2014 they stated on it (WE WILL CALL) meaning i was not given an open appointment to submit the Co-sponsor that is the affidavit from the cosponsor. My dear brothers and sisters there is nothing good about reaffirmed cases at the US embassy in Ghana same drama people go through. Nobody is happy with the separation with his/her family living overseas, so what is the point of me not showing up for a DNA scheduled for me? The consular's has no respect for the people of Ghana thinking everybody is just suffering and looking for ways and means to run away...Our son will be 3 years tomorrow daddy is not there to celebrate his birthday so bad but God the almighty is fighting for us and will continue to do so..Wish everyone the best of luck.......

So what is their problem the reaffirmed cases? what is our crime if we just want our partners close to us? OMG...We are waiting and see what happens to us too.

Timeline
On 2/20/2017 at 5:10 PM, nyala62 said:

mine has not be reaffirmed but am now waiting to hear from uscis bcos i was given 221g and havnt gotten a reply yet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.