nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 2/6/2017 at 6:50 PM, lutz said:

No, they certainly don't.  One thing I will tell you from my experience this time with involving my congressperson, is that for the Privacy Notice release form you will be sent, it will be your spouse (the person in Ghana for whom you are petitioning, in other words the applicant) who will need to sign the form.  I filled out the form for my husband, then scanned it to him and he signed it, sent it back to me, then I in turn sent it to the person in the congress rep's office who handles immigration.  Good luck and keep VJ posted.

lutz so no news about your reaffirmed case up to date?. I contacted my Senator already and sent them all the necessary documents. I'm waiting to see what is gonna happen. Don't really know why it takes too long now to get an interview date from Ghana

Timeline
On 2/11/2017 at 7:44 PM, nyala62 said:

lutz so no news about your reaffirmed case up to date?. I contacted my Senator already and sent them all the necessary documents. I'm waiting to see what is gonna happen. Don't really know why it takes too long now to get an interview date from Ghana

Great, I'm glad you've contacted your senator.  I contacted my congressperson, and they have people who work specifically on immigration matters, so I'm sure your senator's office has the same.  As long as a representative is on your side, that's what's important.  Everything with the embassy in Ghana takes a long time, and I have no idea why.  Let's keep the faith and hope for a speedy response from them. 

Timeline
On 2/13/2017 at 7:21 AM, lutz said:

Great, I'm glad you've contacted your senator.  I contacted my congressperson, and they have people who work specifically on immigration matters, so I'm sure your senator's office has the same.  As long as a representative is on your side, that's what's important.  Everything with the embassy in Ghana takes a long time, and I have no idea why.  Let's keep the faith and hope for a speedy response from them. 

lutz, Ebunoluwa and others, I don't understand this update this morning on a reaffirmed CR1 expiring soon? Does CR1 application expires? After reaffirmation and sent to the Consulate for interview? Or it is just a wrong update message. the update changed from AP to ES (Expiring Soon). Is that possible and normal?

Timeline
22 minutes ago, nyala62 said:

lutz, Ebunoluwa and others, I don't understand this update this morning on a reaffirmed CR1 expiring soon? Does CR1 application expires? After reaffirmation and sent to the Consulate for interview? Or it is just a wrong update message. the update changed from AP to ES (Expiring Soon). Is that possible and normal?

Hello, can you be more specific? From where did you receive this update?  From the embassy?  From USCIS?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, lutz said:

Hello, can you be more specific? From where did you receive this update?  From the embassy?  From USCIS?

lutz thanks for your quick response. I got this update from ceac.state.gov , (Immigrant Visa status) of Department of State. The update changed this morning from Administrative Processing to : Expiring Soon.

That is what happened

Timeline
Just now, nyala62 said:

lutz thanks for your quick response. I got this update from ceac.state.gov , (Immigrant Visa status) of Department of State. The update changed this morning from Administrative Processing to : Expiring Soon.

That is what happened

Hello, I also have the same message.  I have forwarded it to my attorney and am waiting to see what he says about this. I will keep you posted.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, lutz said:

Hello, I also have the same message.  I have forwarded it to my attorney and am waiting to see what he says about this. I will keep you posted.

lutz did you also get the message this morning or before ? I don't have an attorney so I'm sending to my Senator today. lutz don't you think that they have reached our files and someone has touched the reaffirmed cases for our interview dates? Let's hope so

Timeline

Hello, After reading your post, I checked the CEAC site, but this is the first I've checked it in awhile.  I had been checking the USCIS site.  I am also going to forward this to my congressperson while I wait for word from my attorney.  It may just be a generic notification put out based on the date.  As we've seen, these agencies don't seem to have clear communication with each other.  I'll keep you posted here on VJ.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, nyala62 said:

lutz did you also get the message this morning or before ? I don't have an attorney so I'm sending to my Senator today. lutz don't you think that they have reached our files and someone has touched the reaffirmed cases for our interview dates? Let's hope so

Hello Nyala,  I just spoke with my attorney's office.  she said she's been trying to contact the NVC, because other's have gotten this message and it's not correct.  The offices seem to be closed, maybe due to some snowstorm up in DC.  She said it is not correct.  She refiled a DS 260 for my husband after the reaffirmation and told me I'm not the only who has gotten this type of message.  So maybe it is just a mistake.  If I were you, I would try calling NVC directly to see what is going on.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, lutz said:

Hello Nyala,  I just spoke with my attorney's office.  she said she's been trying to contact the NVC, because other's have gotten this message and it's not correct.  The offices seem to be closed, maybe due to some snowstorm up in DC.  She said it is not correct.  She refiled a DS 260 for my husband after the reaffirmation and told me I'm not the only who has gotten this type of message.  So maybe it is just a mistake.  If I were you, I would try calling NVC directly to see what is going on.

Yeah lutz, I tried NVC's number several times but it was not even going. So I will wait for a while and try again. I even sent an email to the consulate in accra to find out I hope they clarify the issue.

Timeline

lutz, finally I got hold of NVC yesterday but the agent said there is nothing like that showing on their system, All what they know about my case is that the case is with the embassy in Accra ,so I should contact the consulate. but as usual I sent 2 emails but nothing yet. So what is the latest at your end?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, nyala62 said:

lutz, finally I got hold of NVC yesterday but the agent said there is nothing like that showing on their system, All what they know about my case is that the case is with the embassy in Accra ,so I should contact the consulate. but as usual I sent 2 emails but nothing yet. So what is the latest at your end?

Hello Nyala, I was just about to type out a letter and fedex it to the embassy in Accra, just as a precaution.  On the expiring notice, it says to do that, to outline why the petitioner has not gotten the visa in the time stated.  I am still going to do it, just to be safe.

Timeline
2 hours ago, lutz said:

Hello Nyala, I was just about to type out a letter and fedex it to the embassy in Accra, just as a precaution.  On the expiring notice, it says to do that, to outline why the petitioner has not gotten the visa in the time stated.  I am still going to do it, just to be safe.

lutz that is a good idea ,I'm doing the same too now. Hope that will put us on the safer side. My Senator's office has received my appeal too and the officer said she is contacting the embassy/consulate tomorrow to find out. So let's see what happens 

Timeline
1 minute ago, nyala62 said:

lutz that is a good idea ,I'm doing the same too now. Hope that will put us on the safer side. My Senator's office has received my appeal too and the officer said she is contacting the embassy/consulate tomorrow to find out. So let's see what happens 

I just sent mine 10 minutes ago....FedEx.....$139.00 Dollars, but worth it for peace of mind.

Timeline
21 hours ago, lutz said:

I just sent mine 10 minutes ago....FedEx.....$139.00 Dollars, but worth it for peace of mind.

lutz, I'm sending today by UPS , hope something better come out of it. So no any news from your attorney so far?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.