UsaBound82

k1 evidence

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, javadown2 said:

Well...sorry it came off as rude, honestly the guides do help lots and no don't send 70 pages of info to them that is just overboard, so I guess it's good you asked :). You can only send the info from the trip from 2015 since that is within the 2 year window...but really your history of your relationship is great, that's a plus when showing proof of a bonda fid relationship later at interview.

so i guess the work i have done i can leave till the interview, or do it now so i dont have to stress about it later, as ill be working soon. so just focus on the proof of him coming here? thanks. :D that makes it a lot less stressful. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I sent all my evidence of a bona fide marriage with the petition.  It was a Cr1 and it was from Morocco so that is different from your situation.  The evidence I sent with him to the interview (evidence from after the petition was sent) was not looked at at all.  It was just the interview (a rather tough one) and the visa was approved.  Not sure if it was because of all the evidence sent with the petition.  Just wanted you to know our experience.  I didn't, however, send 70 pages.  Just pictures, boarding passes, passport stamps, and an overview of our chats (just the first pages of a few of them from throughout the years, not many)  and a record of our phone calls.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Oliversmom said:

I sent all my evidence of a bona fide marriage with the petition.  It was a Cr1 and it was from Morocco so that is different from your situation.  The evidence I sent with him to the interview (evidence from after the petition was sent) was not looked at at all.  It was just the interview (a rather tough one) and the visa was approved.  Not sure if it was because of all the evidence sent with the petition.  Just wanted you to know our experience.  I didn't, however, send 70 pages.  Just pictures, boarding passes, passport stamps, and an overview of our chats (just the first pages of a few of them from throughout the years, not many)  and a record of our phone calls.

yeah i over did it with 70 pages. lol. have to go through them and get rid of the ones not important. i just dont want to miss something out that may be important, or have them look at it and say 'well thats not a lot of communication for 6 years'. i guess i may be overthinking. lol. just was thinking it may be easy to get it done now so no stress and freaking out doing it all at the last minute.  

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, JFH said:

Only the petitioner's criminal record is asked on the I-129F. The beneficiary obtains police records for the interview stage. OP is a beneficiary.

I had a pretty long criminal record and it didn't ask for anything like that.  It only asked for a few certain one. 

Did things change? 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

I had a pretty long criminal record and it didn't ask for anything like that.  It only asked for a few certain one. 

Did things change? 

how long ago did you do it?

yeah i looked over the form and it only asks for specific ones (for him), its different for me i have to take a copy of my police report. 

Happy new years everyone!! 

I included with my petition to proof bona fide 2 pages of text and facebook chat about ten photos with me , him and my kids, and since we stared our relationship 6 years ago i included pictures with him and the kids when they were younger and then older. and at the interview that was the first thing she notice and ask us about. I also make sure that in every photo the changes on us was noticeable , such as hair color, different places, and how we age or gain or lost weight.

11 hours ago, UsaBound82 said:

you got it rite. he is not the biological father. there is no father on the birth certificate as i am not sure who it is. (i know it sounds bad) and i have no way of contacting any of the possibilities. kind of a one night thing. (back in my bad days) grown a lot since then.

Generally you need a letter from the father stating they know the child is moving from most countries, but if you don't know the father, that'd be a bit hard.  I'm sure it won't be an issue because of that. 

thanks everyone for the advice.......so just make sure i have it rite, at this stage only send the things like, boarding passes and receipts from my trip to usa (2013, first meeting) and his trip here (2015), photos of there and here, passports stamps etc? also when i do the photos do they just need names dates and where we were?

Yes you have it right.  I printed photos out on regular paper with names of who was in the photos.  I didn't include dates but you can. 

also i do have a criminal record so should i also attach the police report and court transcripts?

no time in jail, no fine, 15 months loss of licence and 18 months good behaviour. 

The police report comes into play at the interview.  You will need one for that time.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Thank you so much to everyone for the information and advice. Hope you all have a prosperous new year and fingers crossed by christmas (or my next birthday April 2018)  i will be with my love and have my family together. :wub:

ill keep you all posted how we go. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.