Jacque67

A-list Trump snub hits him where it hurts most

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Trump, who has spent a lifetime cultivating celebrity status — and not cultivating traditionalists; far from it, in fact — owes his election in large part to the sense of familiarity that being a reality TV star afforded him. That status allowed many of his voters to put aside his misogyny and vulgarity, and to ignore information about his business failings, chicanery and Putinism, because they think that having watched him on “The Apprentice” and at his rallies, they know who he really is.

Now, a man who clearly craves the adulation of the famous; the Queens rich kid who desperately desired the respect of the Manhattan and Palm Beach elite, is being denied it, publicly and in humiliating fashion. The mad scramble by his team to secure famous players for his inaugural festivities coupled with his ad-hoc photo ops with a fading Jim Brown, a bizarre, unmedicated Kanye West and huckster-cum-murderer Don King makes Trump’s existential yearning clear. He can try to deflect with pathetic tweets about really wanting to be surrounded by “the people” on his big day, but the truth is transparent: the germaphobic pouter who lives in an all-gold penthouse built from cheap materials by undocumented Polish migrants wouldn’t wipe his nose on his core supporters. Just look at his billionaire cabinet for a clue.

And yet his vicious campaign, which opened with racism and closed with a bizarre anti-Semitic screed, and which dined out on vows to discriminate against Mexicans and Muslims while unleashing a resurgence of racist hate groups and just plain haters is reaping the cultural opprobrium it sowed. And it’s making The Donald miserable.

Even the proto-Nazis unleashed by Trump’s campaign, some of whom are organizing an inaugural event pitifully dubbed the “Deploraball,” seem to crave pop culture normalization, based on their apparent desire to have Kanye as a special guest performer. One wonders how awkward it would be for the rapper to be on stage when the “Sieg Heiling” begins.

So far, the reaction of the creative community, from Broadway to Los Angeles and from hip-hop to Radio City Music Hall, has been to say a resounding “no” to Trump. It’s not a dismissal born purely of partisanship, but rather a rejection of the entire underlying ethos of his divisive, revanchist campaign. Maintaining a unified front against authoritarianism, xenophobia, Islamophobia and misogyny is no laughing matter, no matter how much Trump’s apologists try to snide it off on cable TV.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I gotta say, who cares?

:jest:

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, IDGAF said:

Sorry, but Trump won because his only opponent was Hillary, and the American votes were far too smart to elect that pathological liar run this country.  It's just that simple.

They did vote for a pathological liar, just not for Hillary Clinton (though a clear maority did) but not where it mattered most in Electoral College votes, but Trump is pretty clearly a liar on top of his legion of other faults. I am not convinced smart had anything to do with it.

Edited by ready4ONE
bad sentence structure

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Timeline

ALL politicians lie.  Your boy Obama did it, in spades.  That is nothing new.  I said pathological.  Perhaps I should have pointed out that America didn't want someone who was responsible for multiple deaths, and who could not own said responsibility.  Either way, Trump's win had nothing to do with his TV fame.  If anything, that was a detractor to many.

10 minutes ago, ready4ONE said:

They did vote for a pathological liar, just not for Hillary Clinton (though a clear maority did) but not where it mattered most in Electoral College votes, but Trump is pretty clearly a liar on top of his legion of other faults. I am not convinced smart had anything to do with it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, ready4ONE said:

Agreed.

bring back Fabio Lanzoni and the 80s

Edited by Jacque67

Filed: Timeline
13 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

I gotta say, who cares?

:jest:

See, this is the right attitude to have.  Let your wallet decide who moves up in life.  Unlike the liberal response to some random cake maker who has been forced to stop making wedding cakes because gays got offended.  Pshaw I say.  If you don't support the activity, don't go there.  If enough don't support it, it will die a quiet death.  Simple, actually.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
11 minutes ago, IDGAF said:

See, this is the right attitude to have.  Let your wallet decide who moves up in life.  Unlike the liberal response to some random cake maker who has been forced to stop making wedding cakes because gays got offended.  Pshaw I say.  If you don't support the activity, don't go there.  If enough don't support it, it will die a quiet death.  Simple, actually.

Yet they find this acceptable:

2e58xlh.jpg

As a Jew(and we all know Jews don't normally do pork either), I find this completely unacceptable. And let me tell you, if my wife and I were in a store and we had pork in our cart because she was going to make pork chops or something, and that was the lane we wanted to choose because it was the shortest or whatever other reason, that is the lane we would choose and they can take their cute little sign and shove it. 

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, OriZ said:

Yet they find this acceptable:

2e58xlh.jpg

As a Jew(and we all know Jews don't normally do pork either), I find this completely unacceptable. And let me tell you, if my wife and I were in a store and we had pork in our cart because she was going to make pork chops or something, and that was the lane we wanted to choose because it was the shortest or whatever other reason, that is the lane we would choose and they can take their cute little sign and shove it. 

Didn't you say earlier, if a store doesn't want to serve you, you would go somewhere else?  Is that a less acceptable solution when it's you on the receiving end?

QCjgyJZ.jpg