Jacque67

US punishes Russia for election hacking, ejecting operatives

122 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
6 minutes ago, bcking said:

Putin doesn't take Obama's leadership seriously because Obama actually has leadership. Putin is waiting for his boy toy to enter the white house so that he can continue to receive love and adoration.

Seriously calling Trump an "adult" is the biggest joke of all.

Trump is an Alpha Male,  Putin is a Alpha Male.

Obama is Beta

7 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

Obama is Beta

If by "Alpha Males" you mean one strokes the other's knob? Then sure. Very alpha.

Putin loves the situation going on right now for only one reason. He knows Trump will be weak and he can get his way. If Trump is going to be such a strong leader, and make "America great", why would Putin be excited for that? Russia doesn't want to see America succeed. Their manipulation is for one reason only - to strengthen themselves. He knows that Russia will come out of a Trump Presidency much stronger.

It seriously boggles my mind that people would correlate Trump "complimenting" and being leniant towards Putin as "strength". That's like saying Chamberlain showed "strength" in how he interacted with Hitler. Trump looks like he is going to let Russia walk all over him. That is not strength.

Edited by bcking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The US authorities have started to close two “luxurious retreats” used by Russian diplomats to swim, and party, a day after Barack Obama announced sanctions in in retaliation for Moscow’s alleged interference in the presidential election.

On Thursday, Mr Obama ordered the expulsion of 35 Russian diplomats the US claimed were involved in espionage roles. The US also initiated sanctions against four senior Russian spies and said it was shutting two compounds - one in New York state and one in Maryland - that had been used by the diplomats for decades.

The Associated Press said that shortly before noon on Friday, caravans of diplomatic vehicles departed both of the Russian compounds under the watch of US State Department agents. 

[BOT] WATCH: Convoy of Vehicles Seen Leaving Russian Embassy Compound in Maryland https://t.co/0OynA21iPJ pic.twitter.com/z8y5i5JI4z

— ® (@Randy_sV12) December 30, 2016

It said the 45-acre Maryland location included a brick mansion set on the Corsica River in the Eastern Shore region. Reports indicate it was bought by the Soviet Union in 1972 and served as a getaway for its diplomats in nearby Washington. 

Meanwhile, in New York, Russian diplomatic staff were similarly evicted from a mansion on Long Island’s Gold Coast. The estate, once called Elmcroft, is in the town of Oyster Bay and was purchased by the Soviets in 1952. 

Russian UN Ambassador Vitaly Churkin told reporters at the UN headquarters that the Obama administration was destroying holiday fun for the children of Russian diplomats. 

8 hours ago, elmcitymaven said:

The Trump Tower penthouse looks like some Fragonard cherubs vomited ormolu all over the place. There are tasteful ways to do excess, but this is not one of them.

You always got to make a redneck google words don't you

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, MarkPerry said:

Obama is Beta

If Trump was a turkey, he would be an alpha male. He acts pretty much how alpha turkeys act. Let me be clear, I mean no offense to actual turkeys with that statement.

I guess you could make the case he's a turkey, and then make your case that he's an alpha male. That's a little circumstantial for me.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 hours ago, bcking said:

At what cost though?

In order to make Obama look like an idiot, Trump made himself look like he is wanking Putin's knob under the table. What a great President we'll have, someone who will gladly give Putin a handjob instead of respect US sovereignty.

I kind of wish Obama wouldn't do that. It's a very dangerous game, he is playing. Do we really want to force Trump into a corner on this issue? 

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

1 hour ago, Póg mo said:

I kind of wish Obama wouldn't do that. It's a very dangerous game, he is playing. Do we really want to force Trump into a corner on this issue? 

I think it sends the wrong message to a foreign nation to say "Hey we found evidence that you tried to manipulate our elections, but we're fine with it. You're pretty cool".

That just doesn't scream strength to me. I get it, Trump won so he shouldn't be complaining about a foreign nation helping him win. However, I think it bodes poorly for the future of the country. We shouldn't be condoning foreign powers attempting to influence our democratic process. Even if Russia's involvement didn't change the outcome at all, we still should make it clear that it's not okay. That is showing strength. What Trump is doing is acting like Putin's female dog.

A little flattery from Putin and Trump laps it up. A little meddling in the election and Trump says 'time to move on.' And the people who claim that Trump is going to Make America Great Again just want more of that delicious Kool-Aid.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
21 minutes ago, bcking said:

I think it sends the wrong message to a foreign nation to say "Hey we found evidence that you tried to manipulate our elections, but we're fine with it. You're pretty cool".

I think it remains to be seen, what if any manipulation was carried out. For all we know, the Dems could be simply trying to shift blame away from them, for loosing the elections. 

That just doesn't scream strength to me. I get it, Trump won so he shouldn't be complaining about a foreign nation helping him win. However, I think it bodes poorly for the future of the country. We shouldn't be condoning foreign powers attempting to influence our democratic process. Even if Russia's involvement didn't change the outcome at all, we still should make it clear that it's not okay.

That is showing strength. What Trump is doing is acting like Putin's female dog.

Sure, but even if they did. Meddling in the affairs of foreign nations is kind of an American tradition, so I am not so sure they get to be getting too indignant about it.  

At any rate, Trump is a loose cannon, who could easily start WW3 entirely without thinking of the consequences. Scary times.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

4 minutes ago, Póg mo said:

I think it remains to be seen, what if any manipulation was carried out. For all we know, the Dems could be simply trying to shift blame away from them, for loosing the elections. 

Sure, but even if they did. Meddling in the affairs of foreign nations is kind of an American tradition, so I am not so sure they get to be getting too indignant about it.  

At any rate, Trump is a loose cannon, who could easily start WW3 entirely without thinking of the consequences. Scary times.

As far as I'm aware it isn't just Democrats talking about it though? I thought three intelligence agencies have all confirmed there is evidence of tampering. Aren't there a decent number of Republicans who also agree with some form of sanctions? Not just McCain. I haven't really been following this whole thing that much until now. Didn't really think it would amount to much.

Filed: Timeline

If the RNC had been hacked, and it came out that so much dirt was going on behind the scenes, I doubt you'd be so critical of the results of the supposed "hacking".  You'd be spouting off about how the RNC was exposed.

Well guess what?  Some feel the same way about the DNC.  What was going on behind the scenes is deplorable.  What the Hillary campaign did to Sanders is really low.  Though I am not surprised, that is the character of the woman whom I would never have voted for, personified.

You want to blame someone for the exposure?  Blame the one and only woman whom allowed her emails to be hacked because she took them into an un-secure arena, and then laughed in the face of those who accused her.  She was responsible for her own undoing.  Karma has done more to her than the Trump campaign could ever do.

1 hour ago, ready4ONE said:

A little flattery from Putin and Trump laps it up. A little meddling in the election and Trump says 'time to move on.' And the people who claim that Trump is going to Make America Great Again just want more of that delicious Kool-Aid.