j N j

K1 Visa, I-129F RFE

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

IF more documentation is needed, is there another fee, and/or will I have to start all over again with the documentation? Or do they just put the case "on hold" until the info requested gets sent in? I'm going to visit PH in 04/2017, but would like to send in what documents I currently have (knowing my petition is incomplete) and just send the remainder in when I get back.. thoughts? Just trying to speed up the process ..if thats possible, Lol

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have they sent you an RFE asking for other material?

Or did you just on your own realize you forgot to put something in?

There is no additional fee for sending in materials relating to an RFE.

Maybe a small delay in processing as it goes on hold until they receive the extra materials.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline

Maybe a small delay in processing as it goes on hold until they receive the extra materials.

neither.. was wondering the consequences of sending in whatever info I have now.. "IF" i did send documents in now, I would be missing documents for current divorce proceedings, documents of meeting within the last 2 years, for starters.

Timeline

Most likely they would receive the packet... after 2-3 months they would reject it as you have not met the basic criteria of 'having met within previous two years'. Also you would be out the filing fee...

If everything else was fine, then you would get an RFE for missing the divorce decree, and just have to submit that.

Edited by Ben&Zian

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline

or maybe wait until 02 or 03 2017, but still will be missing docs., a small delay, but still shorter than waiting to come back from PH in May and then filing.

Timeline

Key thing here is.... have you met within the past two years or if this going to be the first meeting??

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline

Key thing here is.... have you met within the past two years or if this going to be the first meeting??

Will be the 1st meeting..BUT, by the time I get back, and the USCIS gets to the petition, I will have whats needed.

Timeline

Most likely they would receive the packet... after 2-3 months they would reject it as you have not met the basic criteria of 'having met within previous two years'. Also you would be out the filing fee...

If everything else was fine, then you would get an RFE for missing the divorce decree, and just have to submit that.

Out of the filing fee, is what concerns me..

Timeline

But you can not submit the petition without having first met....

They will just cash your check, take the money, then reject the petition.

You can go a head and gather all documents needed for the petition, then once you come back file the petition...

They will not allow you to add evidence of meeting after the initial filing date.. it will get rejected. You need to have met the requirements before filing. "Free and single to marry" and "Meet within the previous two years",

And might just cost you more time too.

Edited by Ben&Zian

02/03/2017 - Married 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If you dont send at least the minimum proof that they are asking for with the application, they will send an RFIE. That will put your application on hold until you send it.Better to just wait until you have it since they will not process it without it anyway. In other words sending it now will not make the process go any faster than if you sent it later when you have it.

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Timeline

i see, thanks for the help.. I agree, It might be better just to wait. Im sure if I am like this now, the wait for the process AFTER meeting is going to seem to drag on even longer

Timeline

i see, thanks for the help.. I agree, It might be better just to wait. Im sure if I am like this now, the wait for the process AFTER meeting is going to seem to drag on even longer

It is the same for all of us do not worry; but wait until after you return and submit it all at once.

Just take time now and begin gathering other documents that you need for the petition, then soon as you get back mail it all in.

Good luck!

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline

It is the same for all of us do not worry; but wait until after you return and submit it all at once.

Just take time now and begin gathering other documents that you need for the petition, then soon as you get back mail it all in.

Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement, I have most of the documents now, other than the ones in the above mentioned posts.. :star:

Filed: Timeline

It doesn't mean you can't educate yourself as much as possible about the documents and evidence required. Like a few people said before. Don't file anything until after you meet and come back from the Philippines. While you are there, you can gather information for the forms in anticipation of a possible K-1.

Will be the 1st meeting..BUT, by the time I get back, and the USCIS gets to the petition, I will have whats needed.

They will probably just reject the petition as-is as you have not met the basic requirement of meeting her in person (barring hardship, which there is no evidence to suggest that's the case here). The rule of having met in person is to help mitigate "mail order bride" issues. It would probably be better to wait until after you have met in person first.

That said, I highly recommend focusing on enjoying your face time with her and getting to know her better. No need to rush immigration....it'll always be waiting. And waiting. And waiting... :)

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.