girly/ward

SSD $US19,900- enough for sponsoring? (split)

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please I need help. My fiancée just submitted our k1 application and he is disable and receive SSD $US19,900 annually. Is this acceptable or same as employment income? He has no dependent

Timeline

Please I need help. My fiancée just submitted our k1 application and he is disable and receive SSD $US19,900 annually. Is this acceptable or same as employment income? He has no dependent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Two posts split from threads by other members and merged here. Please ask questions about your own case in your own thread. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

If it's not earned through employment it won't count. Does he have any savings?

AOS Timeline

• 10/23/2016 - I-130/I-485 Concurrent packet posted
  • 10/25/2016 - Packet signed for at Chicago lockbox
  • 11/09/2016 - E-Notifications received
  • 11/15/2016 - NOA's received in post
  • 11/18/2016 - Biometric appointment received (set for 11/30)
  • 11/30/2016 - Biometric appointment completed
  • 01/25/2017 - EAD Approved
  • 01/25/2017 - AP Approved
  • 02/01/2017 - Combo Card arrived in the post

>>THIS IS WHAT I PUT IN MY PACKET<<

Timeline

I'm in the same boat, with my SSDI, I'm at approx. $20100, and have $85k in the bank. Somebody else mentioned a "co-sponsor", im sure I can use a parent or step parent to help with this, but what is needed to show a co-sponsor, and is it needed when the I-129f is sent in, or afterwards?

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

grumpybrit, a retiree no longer receives employment income, but a pension, does this mean the pension does not count, also, for the affidavit of support?

sorry if i ask this question here but it is relevant to the question and answers here, so please don't penalize me for asking this. just not sure which counts or not.

thanks

grumpybrit, a retiree no longer receives employment income, but a pension, does this mean the pension does not count, also, for the affidavit of support?

sorry if i ask this question here but it is relevant to the question and answers here, so please don't penalize me for asking this. just not sure which counts or not.

thanks

You can use employment or retirement income (pension) so long as it is not earned in a manner illegal in the USA.

AOS Timeline

I'm in the same boat, with my SSDI, I'm at approx. $20100, and have $85k in the bank. Somebody else mentioned a "co-sponsor", im sure I can use a parent or step parent to help with this, but what is needed to show a co-sponsor, and is it needed when the I-129f is sent in, or afterwards?

How many people your household?

AOS Timeline

come May 2017 when I file my petition, there will be just me (One)

So do you have any income other than your SSDI?

AOS Timeline

Filed: Timeline

The poverty guideline for 2016 based on the 125% threshold is $20,025 for a household of two. I imagine it will be going up in 2017. Be aware that just because one meets just the bare minimum does not mean they will accept it. They look at the totality of your circumstance. If it were me and had liquid assets, I would include them as well (normally I would not recommend including assets if you far exceed the poverty guideline).

Timeline

The poverty guideline for 2016 based on the 125% threshold is $20,025 for a household of two. I imagine it will be going up in 2017. Be aware that just because one meets just the bare minimum does not mean they will accept it. They look at the totality of your circumstance. If it were me and had liquid assets, I would include them as well (normally I would not recommend including assets if you far exceed the poverty guideline).

so what you are saying is..is that I barely meet the requirements by myself? can you explain further what you mean by liquid assets. I never really understood the % of poverty guidelines.

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.