dean1492

Help on my 3rd, the 2nd never made it to USA.

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What are you talking about he has to do that anyway when requests a waiver ?

He does have to request a waiver because it is his 3. filing no matter if the gap is 2 years or more, 3. filing requires a waiver

and that is precisely what I said in my post.

He is however not required to write a relationship timeline but it is a good idea to do, what are you disputing ?

First you disagree with me advising the timeline letter and now you are saying he has to do it anyway.

Both times you were wrong.

You have given incorrect advice several times on VJ and people who give incorrect advice are corrected as not to

confuse the OP.

Of course it is subjective all depending who gets the case and that is also what I said, some CO's will return the case.

Why not clear that point with front loading it to USCIS when given the chance. Where is the dispute here ?

When filing his 3. K1 he must request the waiver with the I-129.

I am not talking about sending 10.000 pages of chat fillers, I am talking about a relationship timeline to explain

what went wrong with the previous relationships and why this one is different on one page, a very important part of

multiple I-129 filers for a K1, different rules for CR1's. Nothing excessive about it.

As to your condescending question do I know what a public administrator is, you are a public servant that is being paid

with my taxes, you are not an immigration officer and therefore your job skill is irrelevant to this topic.

I hardly think you can compare your skills to the tasks of a CO and IO and certainly not the president who wouldn't have a clue

himself about any timeline either by the way.

Ever so often someone working for the gov in a completely different agency

thinks they have more insight into the immigration process and that is just not true.

So yes, lots of different fruit, apples and oranges.

I don't want to argue either, I find it counter productive to let wrong advice fly by without addressing it.

From the I-129F instructions > http://www.uscis.gov...i-129finstr.pdf

2. What Filing Limitations Does IMBRA Place on K-1 Nonimmigrant Petitioners?

You must apply for a filing limitations waiver if any of the following apply:

a. You have previously filed K-1 petitions for two or more beneficiaries; or

b. You previously had a K-1 petition approved and less than 2 years have passed since the filing date of such previously

approved petition.

I was referring to the fact that when requesting the waiver he would have to explain why he needed it. You say I have given incorrect info, my PMs say differently. As I previously stated I will not engage in an argument with you as this is not your case. I was not being condescending I was genuinely curious if you knew what it was. Notice someone else suggested the same thing however I don not see you attacking them. Your opinion of me or my career is of no consequence as I am not required to explain anything to you feel free to block me if you do not like my posts. All the best.

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Front loading a petition for the most part refers to evidence showing a legitimate ongoing relationship. Not talking about your former Fiances and spouses. In this instance I would go with geowrian's approach of less is more. As long as the OPs current relationship is strong, the CO may not even care what happened beforehand. Concentrating on the positive is the way to go here. Otherwise you risk the danger of opening Pandora's box when not intending to.

Be prepared to answer any questions regarding the 2 past relationships for sure. But don't offer any explanations up front.

By no means was I insinuating that front loading for a bona fide relationship is the same as "talking about former fiances

and spouses."

Obviously those are two different things. OP should front load evidence to prove a bona fide relationship with his current fiance

because of the past failures with two other petitioned individuals.

OP has a serious issue with 3 filings and an explanation timeline may help not having his petition returned to USCIS

because USCIS will already have seen it addressed. The CO will very much care about the previous filings and why the

previous relationships fell apart and will want to know why he should grant a third K1 this time. Multiple filings are a fraud

indicator that need to be addressed.

If concentrating on the positive was the way to go then no one would have a petition returned.

There is no Pandora's box, the CO will know how many times he filed and there is no way of hiding that fact.

Addressing the issues in a short precise manner on one page with the initial filing to USCIS is always helpful.

Then OP's fiance needs to answer the questions at the embassy about the previous relationships which they will surely ask.

OP will have addressed them in the letter, the fiance is well aware by then what went wrong and what is different in this relationship.

The burden of proof is on the OP and beneficiary to convince them.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

I was referring to the fact that when requesting the waiver he would have to explain why he needed it. You say I have given incorrect info, my PMs say differently. As I previously stated I will not engage in an argument with you as this is not your case. I was not being condescending I was genuinely curious if you knew what it was. Notice someone else suggested the same thing however I don not see you attacking them. Your opinion of me or my career is of no consequence as I am not required to explain anything to you feel free to block me if you do not like my posts. All the best.

The waiver request should not include the entire relationship timeline and reasons for divorce but a short paragraph

as I posted in the example link.

The relationship timeline of one page should be clear, precise and to the point with reason of failure and reason why the

current relationship will work out.

PM's are not helpful to the OP and comments should be posted in this thread.

I doubt that you were genuinely curious if I knew what your job was, it was a snarky question.

My opinion of your job is indeed of no consequence here and that is why you should not have asked me that question

and yes, please don't explain it as it is irrelevant. That was my point that you are now repeating.

I don't want the OP to be confused on what to do, to write the explanation or not. Different opinions here which is fine

but you were wrong by saying he must explain this in the waiver and at the same time saying he should not.

It is not required to write this explanation at all, the smart thing to do but not required and there would be two

letters not one.

One for the waiver request and one for the relationship timeline, there are also samples of relationship timelines

if searching out the threads.

Why should I block you, my dear lady I have thicker skin than that. My concern is in not confusing the OP.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

The waiver request should not include the entire relationship timeline and reasons for divorce but a short paragraph

as I posted in the example link.

The relationship timeline of one page should be clear, precise and to the point with reason of failure and reason why the

current relationship will work out.

PM's are not helpful to the OP and comments should be posted in this thread.

I doubt that you were genuinely curious if I knew what your job was, it was a snarky question.

My opinion of your job is indeed of no consequence here and that is why you should not have asked me that question

and yes, please don't explain it as it is irrelevant. That was my point that you are now repeating.

I don't want the OP to be confused on what to do, to write the explanation or not. Different opinions here which is fine

but you were wrong by saying he must explain this in the waiver and at the same time saying he should not.

It is not required to write this explanation at all, the smart thing to do but not required and there would be two

letters not one.

One for the waiver request and one for the relationship timeline, there are also samples of relationship timelines

if searching out the threads.

Why should I block you, my dear lady I have thicker skin than that. My concern is in not confusing the OP.

90% of disagreements is due to misinterpretation. Essentially we are saying the same thing but in different ways. What I was referring to was the additional page. If you notice on the actual application there is only a space for one previous filing, he has two. They are not asking him on the document to explain anything so I am suggesting that he does not for that. Yes I agree he should focus on front loading as much as possible, but about his current relationship. When he requests the waiver, he has to explain why he thinks the third time will be different than the previous two, it seems to me that an explanation of what happened with the previous two relationships would be included in that? Why a separate letter for things they may ask him about anyway in person? Again no response to the other member's advice that less is more in regards to the OPs previous relationships? Thanks for informing me that my inspector general position gives me no insight considering all I do is investigate/audit, fraud, abuse and waste in government agencies. I will ask the provost to reconsider the curriculum.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you guys and gals for the heated discussion. I am learning from every post. I understand they will not take 3 lightly. Just have to arrange it right, and put it in the right order. Remember my first was a nurse when I met her, and she had bigger plans than me. And the second one, she was a student at STI, but i should have met her in the summer when she had all her free time with her friends (not), I did not support her with her medical and all the other things which were needed. She changed while I was taking to her. And decided not to bring her here, that would have been a nightmare for me.

I have seen number 3 two times now, going back in May. She works retail, like I do, not going to shoot for the sky like i did with the first one. Please keep the ideas coming. Now I have the template for the waiver, and already feel better about it, even thou I have to wait a little longer, thinking it was the NOA-1, not the NOA-2. I am going to try and do this one by myself, instead of doing it thou Raped Visa, like last time. I have all the rapid visa's from number 2, and will duplicate it, but have to put in 1 or 2 pages more. One of the reasons I posted this is to see how many people were on nukm

Thank you guys and gals for the heated discussion. I am learning from every post. I understand they will not take 3 lightly. Just have to arrange it right, and put it in the right order. Remember my first was a nurse when I met her, and she had bigger plans than me. And the second one, she was a student at STI, but i should have met her in the summer when she had all her free time with her friends (not), I did not support her with her medical and all the other things which were needed. She changed while I was taking to her. And decided not to bring her here, that would have been a nightmare for me.

I have seen number 3 two times now, going back in May. She works retail, like I do, not going to shoot for the sky like i did with the first one. Please keep the ideas coming. Now I have the template for the waiver, and already feel better about it, even thou I have to wait a little longer, thinking it was the NOA-1, not the NOA-2. I am going to try and do this one by myself, instead of doing it thou Raped Visa, like last time. I have all the rapid visa's from number 2, and will duplicate it, but have to put in 1 or 2 pages more. One of the reasons I posted this is to see how many people were on number 3 also.

Keep the responses coming! Thanks again!

Timeline

My only intent. Best of Luck.

Timeline

What is your reason for waiting with the NOA2 ? Not needed because you have to do the waiver anyway if you have more than 2 Petitions. If you want to take more time for the relationship that is fine but you do not have to wait for the 2 years to pass from the date of the NOA2. Read the requirements that I posted earlier.

Spoiler

Timeline
21 hours ago, Ebunoluwa said:

What is your reason for waiting with the NOA2 ? Not needed because you have to do the waiver anyway if you have more than 2 Petitions. If you want to take more time for the relationship that is fine but you do not have to wait for the 2 years to pass from the date of the NOA2. Read the requirements that I posted earlier.

The reason that I am waiting is because Rapid Visa told me to wait 2 years after. I have been in touch a few times to ask some questions about my 3rd petition. I was wondering also about this, since I have to fill out a waiver. I was always thinking, that the 2nd applicant, never made it here. Yes, I want to get to know her better, after the 3rd time to see her, that will be enough time.

Timeline
On 12/28/2016 at 9:50 AM, Ebunoluwa said:

Make a cover letter and include your letter somewhere behind the I-129 form or under your relationship evidence as a

timeline of your relationship(s). Write in there why you think you made the right choice this time.

Include a separate short paragraph on another page requesting a waiver for multiple filings.
It is a very simple thing to do. This is your 3rd petition so you need a waiver request.

The NOA1 is received date, not approval date, it has to be 2 years from the last approval date, the NOA2.

Send copies of all prior NOA's and withdrawal letter.

Front load your next petition with quality relationship evidence.

Here is one of many threads with waiver request samples >>>>> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/229991-waiver-letter-for-2nd-k1-visa/

I go back to your earlier posts-

The NOA1 is received date, not approval date, it has to be 2 years from the last approval date, the NOA2.

Do you mean for one that's already here? Then on this message-

Why are you waiting 2 years.

I was planing to start the 3rd, after I see her again for the 3rd time, in May 2017.

Timeline

The second petition counts because you filed and it was approved, doesn't matter even though she did not make it here. Again, no need to follow RV's advice because you are required to request the waiver after the 3 petitionso a 2 year wait time between filings becomes irrelevant.

Spoiler

Timeline
2 minutes ago, dean1492 said:

I go back to your earlier posts-

Do you mean for one that's already here? Then on this message-

Why are you waiting 2 years.

I was planing to start the 3rd, after I see her again for the 3rd time, in May 2017.

Not sure how else to break it down but let me try:

If you only had 2 petitions filed and approved then you could wait 2 years to not request the waiver.
(The emphasis is on a previous petition filed, not if she made it here or not).

Since you filed 3 petitions you will need a waiver and therefore the 2 years waiting period between filings
is no longer necessary to avoid requesting a waiver.

Spoiler

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Ebunoluwa said:

Not sure how else to break it down but let me try:

If you only had 2 petitions filed and approved then you could wait 2 years to not request the waiver.
(The emphasis is on a previous petition filed, not if she made it here or not).

Since you filed 3 petitions you will need a waiver and therefore the 2 years waiting period between filings
is no longer necessary to avoid requesting a waiver.

Can I ask, what would you do? After the visit? Or wait 2 yrs after the 2nd one so I do not have to get a waiver?

Timeline
Just now, dean1492 said:

Can I ask, what would you do? After the visit? Or wait 2 yrs after the 2nd one so I do not have to get a waiver?

Since this filing will be your third petition you must have a waiver irregardless if you wait 1, 2, 3 or 10 years.
If you wait 2 years you still need the waiver. Why ? Because it will be your third petition.
Three petitions require a waiver no matter what time in between.

Spoiler

Timeline

What Filing Limitations Does IMBRA Place on K-1 Nonimmigrant Petitioners?

b. You previously had a K-1 petition approved and less than 2 years have passed since the filing date of such previously

approved petition.

a. applies to you.

Spoiler

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ebunoluwa said:

What Filing Limitations Does IMBRA Place on K-1 Nonimmigrant Petitioners?

approved petition.

a. applies to you.

Thank you for helping me wrap my mind around this. You have been a great help. I noticed you post here on VJ. I am going to wait until May to file. I'll have more questions about the petition then, and get your advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.