AldyBella

K1 Visa interview appointment

83 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

@aristole456 it took me 5 weeks to receive the packet. And it came to me the petitioner.

The date on the packet was 12/13 it it took about 2 weeks. I didnt put my fiancé's P0box number on the application so I think that partially played into why it was sent to me. But you guys should both check your mailbox.

Edited by DJTK

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I started this whole process on september 16,2016. that is when i mailed in the application. Received letter from Us embassy in Ghana yesterday, december 27,2016. So it has been roughly 3 and a half months. And with an interview date of jan 31, 2017 makes the whole process 4 and a half months for me.

I received the letter here in the US.

I wonder how everything is being processed because we started Aug 3rd and still haven't heard anything from the embassy. I've emailed them frequently and I just contacted my Senators office yesterday.

Timeline

I wonder how everything is being processed because we started Aug 3rd and still haven't heard anything from the embassy. I've emailed them frequently and I just contacted my Senators office yesterday.

yeah its quite odd. When was the last time your ceac was updated?

Timeline

Dec 6th. It's been updated six times since the case was created.

wow thats a lot. Mine as just updated once on dec 9. the letter i received from the embassy was dated dec 9th too. But six times hmm.. I wonder why

Timeline

...I find it strange that people get pushed to March when there are January Interview appointments open. I really wonder what the method is to all this...

K-1 Visa Journey: :wub:

05/24/2016 -- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

05/27/2016 -- I-129F delivered to Lewisville, TX

06/01/2016 -- NOA1 email and text, case routed to USCIS California Service Center

06/02/2016 -- Check Cleared

06/06/2016 -- Form I-797C/NOA1 received in the mail

08/08/2016 -- Petition Approved (68 Days)

08/13/2016 -- Form I-797/NOA 2 received in the mail

08/19/2016 -- NVC case received and Case ID assigned

09/01/2016 -- Consulate received

10/19/2016 -- Packet 3 & 4 received

01/04/2017  -- Interview--> Approval!! :dancing:

02/21/2017  -- POE :clock:

Timeline

I started this whole process on september 16,2016. that is when i mailed in the application. Received letter from Us embassy in Ghana yesterday, december 27,2016. So it has been roughly 3 and a half months. And with an interview date of jan 31, 2017 makes the whole process 4 and a half months for me.

I received the letter here in the US.

Timeline

@Aldybella please can you clarify this for me... Did you just scheduled the interview date yourself soon as you received the letter just this past days or was it already scheduled by the Ghana embassy. And also from now till 31st January have you already done any of the following....your medicals, preparing supporting documents and everything that comes before the interview or is now that you are going to do all those before the interview date?

Timeline

@Aldybella please can you clarify this for me... Did you just scheduled the interview date yourself soon as you received the letter just this past days or was it already scheduled by the Ghana embassy. And also from now till 31st January have you already done any of the following....your medicals, preparing supporting documents and everything that comes before the interview or is now that you are going to do all those before the interview date?

Yes, i scheduled the interview myself after receiving the letter. Yeah i have done everything thats needs to be done before including the police certificate. The medical can only be done when the appointment letter is presented so my fiancee will present that to get her medical exams done before the 31st. Aside that we have everything set and ready to go. I could've selected an earliest date they had available of January 12th, but we decided against that to give ourself time.

Timeline

Please is there any other forms that needed to be filled and get done apart from: DS-160, Police certificate, Medicals, I-134?

nope, thats it. And the obvious evidence of ongoing relationship you have to compile.

@AldyBella   Is the appointment letter the same as the one you will get after you schedule your fiancee for the visa.  Also what are the vaccinations and other things that is needed for the medicals. or the clinic will know what to do when you go in for the medicals?

Timeline
On 29 December 2016 at 2:31 PM, AldyBella said:

Yes, i scheduled the interview myself after receiving the letter. Yeah i have done everything thats needs to be done before including the police certificate. The medical can only be done when the appointment letter is presented so my fiancee will present that to get her medical exams done before the 31st. Aside that we have everything set and ready to go. I could've selected an earliest date they had available of January 12th, but we decided against that to give ourself time.

Thank you very much for the infor. Wish you all best 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.