espared12

I-751 January 2017 Filers

2,600 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, newyork1234 said:

hi friends

anyone recently had interview for i751 which the officer asked them about public charge or any question related to that?

a friend of mine had interview last week( not i751, she and her husband both changing from H1B to GC) and the officer more than three times in different ways asked them about food stamp, healthcare and governmental financial support.

why? its not still law! 

I heard it wont be retroactive. is it right?

The thing we have been hearing about isn’t law.  A US President cannot implement law; only Congress can.  This is a policy to enforce the law that has always existed.  It’s not new, but is now being enforced differently.  

Do HB1 visa holders even qualify for food stamps?  Most of the financial support from the government don’t cover non-residents and being HB1, there is a high possibility they had health insurance through work and not Obamacare.  Even if they had Obamacare coverage, their income may have been too high to qualify.

I say all that to say: Your friend should be fine.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My spouse had a combo I-751/N-400 interview at the USCIS Chicago office today, 10/01/18. Based on other posts here I knew there might be a strong possibility that our N-400 interview would actually be a combo I-751/N-400 interview, and it was.

We were very relieved because we had not heard anything on the I-751 application since we received the May 2018 notice saying our case had been transferred to the National Benefits Center in Missouri. Therefore, we had no idea what the status of the I-751 case was or where the file actually was. Also, at our most recent Infopass appointment where we received a I-551 stamp extension, the officer at the infopass desk said they don't do combo interviews at the Chicago office (which we now know is not correct).

When our number was called today at the citizenship interview (after waiting about an hour), I went with up with my spouse to the officer and introduced myself. The officer said that was fine if I attended the interview with my spouse and that it is a good thing that I am there because we have to do the I-751 interview first before the citizenship interview can be done. 

When we arrived at the officer's private office she went through the I-751 file folder first (it was the original paper file we submitted, so she had the file in Chicago) and she quickly went through it and asked a few quick questions. Once that was finished, she moved on to the citizenship interview and she allowed me to stay in the room. The whole process was very quick, efficient and easy. The officer was very friendly and professional. At the end of the interview, she said she was recommending the file for approval and that we should get a notice of the oath ceremony within the next 6 weeks. The whole interview process took about 30 minutes.

I highly recommend everyone who has a I-751 that hasn't been processed yet to go with your spouse to the N-400 interview. It sounds like they are doing combo interviews in Chicago after all.

This has been a long journey for us. Congrats to everyone in the VJ community and good luck to everyone on your journey to citizenship. 

52 minutes ago, mav11235 said:

20 months later still no GC. This has gone beyond all levels of Murphy's Law. 

I had mine (without N400) after 1 year and 10 months or so.. so hang in there.

John

Is anyone waiting here for interview, since January 2017 and the damn transfer March 3 , I haven’t received anything 

17 minutes ago, Asilarmani said:

Is anyone waiting here for interview, since January 2017 and the damn transfer March 3 , I haven’t received anything 

Same thing here. Filed 751 in January 2017 and got the "glitch" transfer in March and nothing since then. I filed N-400 in late April 2018 though.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/6/2018 at 8:22 PM, Asilarmani said:

I have been waiting for....anything would be nice, except those stupid weekly emails telling me that they are still reviewing my case. I mean, I haven't lead the most colorful life so how damn long does it take to review my life? Especially when they already have most of the information from the spousal visa process. And my ROC package weighed a ton, heavily loaded. It has gone beyond ridiculous already. Going tomorrow to get a second I-551 stamp in my passport. I am pretty much disgusted with this process. I just want it DONE already!

They transferred my case in May, then...nothing. Crickets.

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

22 minutes ago, Dualie said:

I have been waiting for....anything would be nice, except those stupid weekly emails telling me that they are still reviewing my case. I mean, I haven't lead the most colorful life so how damn long does it take to review my life? Especially when they already have most of the information from the spousal visa process. And my ROC package weighed a ton, heavily loaded. It has gone beyond ridiculous already. Going tomorrow to get a second I-551 stamp in my passport. I am pretty much disgusted with this process. I just want it DONE already!

Hopefully your citizenship will start getting processed before December this year!!

Signature coming soon...

7 hours ago, Dualie said:

i applied my I751 on Jan 2017 and still pending now, but I filed my N400 in April 2018 and have my N400 interview on Nove 13th. didnt say its a combo interview but I will bring my spouse with me. At least I will know by Nov 13th. 

hanging there, should be soon. best luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got my SECOND I551 stamp in my passport. The officer gave me another whole year, so I'm not holding my breath for anything. It will be interesting to see how CBP reacts to it when I come back from Canada in November.  It's on the same page, right underneath the first one. At this rate I may be retired by the time I receive citizenship. Meantime, I am legal to work and travel, and pay my taxes...

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/10/2018 at 12:16 AM, asdfzc said:

i applied my I751 on Jan 2017 and still pending now, but I filed my N400 in April 2018 and have my N400 interview on Nove 13th. didnt say its a combo interview but I will bring my spouse with me. At least I will know by Nov 13th. 

hanging there, should be soon. best luck!

Actually Nov 13th might not be the end either, I had my combo interview on 21st September and everything went well during the interview. However since then there have been absolutely zero updates in my online status on both 751 and 400. I am still waiting for anything to move.

5 hours ago, mav11235 said:

Actually Nov 13th might not be the end either, I had my combo interview on 21st September and everything went well during the interview. However since then there have been absolutely zero updates in my online status on both 751 and 400. I am still waiting for anything to move.

did the IO give you verbally approval? did the IO more focus on I751 or N400? 

Sorry to hear that. but at least you interviewed, they touched your file, they should approve your case. 

7 hours ago, mav11235 said:

Did you also do the test? in my opinion they wouldn't want to bother wasting their time if your I-751 wouldn't be approved.
I did only a I-751 interview and the IO told at the end she was going to approve it.

John

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
18 hours ago, asdfzc said:

did the IO give you verbally approval? did the IO more focus on I751 or N400? 

Sorry to hear that. but at least you interviewed, they touched your file, they should approve your case. 

She conducted a 15 minute 751 interview with both me and my wife and then a 15 minute interview with just me for 400. 

Yes, the IO gave verbal approval on both 751 and 400 interviews, I passed my English and CIvics tests too.

17 hours ago, JohnInTX said:

Did you also do the test? in my opinion they wouldn't want to bother wasting their time if your I-751 wouldn't be approved.
I did only a I-751 interview and the IO told at the end she was going to approve it.

John

IO actually officially conducted both 751 and 400 interviews.

IO said she was approving both and yet no progress in online statuses or otherwise.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.