kg0103

DCF USEM Manila

119 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2017 at 1:26 AM, DaveSana said:

This is a diagram of what I submitted at each stage:

Hope it is helpful.

Dave

Thank you so much Dave! It helped me a lot especially when I was gathering my documents :D

15 minutes ago, mrsrasco said:

I would like to share my interview exp:

Arrived at 6am with my husband for my 6:40am interview sched. Then I prepared my DS-260, appointment letter and passport. then they put my passport in a ziplock. :)

1st step: Data entry

The lady just asked my name, who is my petitioner and where I'm going to live in the US.

2nd step: Pre-screening

The lady that was assigned to us was very nice! :) She asked few questions about my husband, my sponsor and personal questions. And she's very friendly!! :)

I passed my NSO birth cert, marriage cert, NBI clearance, medical results, passport, my I864 (with w2, 1040, recent pay stubs and bank statements), I864A (from my mother-in-law), DS 260 confirmation page, appointment letter and then we paid the $325 IV fee.

3rd: Fingerscanning

He didn't ask anything.

4th: Interview

We were interviewed at window 63. The CO just asked about how we met, when did our relationship start, and he asked more questions to my husband (lol) and even made jokes. He told us to go to the releasing because he asked us for a requirement but I thank God because I brought it. :P

First 4 hours, we were on AP but after a few hours the visa status changed to issued :D

wow just wow! very big felicitations to you both! hope us too. do you mind if i ask if what was the requirement they needed that you luckily brought? so i can prepare too. and may i know what stuff did you prepare for proof of relationship? since the husbands has been living with us, maybe we will omit the chatlogs, emails, etc. proof? and please i have read somewhere that we shouldnt print the ds-260 form because they already have a copy of that? how true is this?

bless your heart for sharing.

Edited by myrrh130

Thank you!! :)

That's the other form I-864A for my husband's step-dad. My mother-in-law's income meets the 125% poverty guideline, but the CO still asked for my step-dad in law's I-864A with signature because they have joint bank accounts, 1040s, etc. 

The CO just looked at our wedding photos. :) since my husband and I live together, he didn't ask much for proof of relationship. i think if you have child together, the better.

Yes you dont have to print the whole DS-260 because during the interview, the CO will just look your DS-260 on his computer. 

1 hour ago, mrsrasco said:

Thank you!! :)

That's the other form I-864A for my husband's step-dad. My mother-in-law's income meets the 125% poverty guideline, but the CO still asked for my step-dad in law's I-864A with signature because they have joint bank accounts, 1040s, etc. 

The CO just looked at our wedding photos. :) since my husband and I live together, he didn't ask much for proof of relationship. i think if you have child together, the better.

Yes you dont have to print the whole DS-260 because during the interview, the CO will just look your DS-260 on his computer. 

So did you bring a hard copy of your ds-260 with you in your interview? What did you have for proof of relationship?

2 hours ago, myrrh130 said:

So did you bring a hard copy of your ds-260 with you in your interview? What did you have for proof of relationship?

Yup I prepared it but they didn't take it. just the confirmation page. I brought our dating and wedding pictures, contract of lease, our travel tickets, etc.

Thank you so much again, @DaveSana! :)

Just picked up my visa packet and passport today after 2 working days, that was fast. :D next I'll be getting the CFO sticker to be stamped at my passport & book tickets! :jest:

Edited by mrsrasco

4 hours ago, mrsrasco said:

Thank you so much again, @DaveSana! :)

Just picked up my visa packet and passport today after 2 working days, that was fast. :D next I'll be getting the CFO sticker to be stamped at my passport & book tickets! :jest:

Is that even possible? Only 4 working days since interview. Congrats again! May I ask, in filling out the I-864 form, do we immigrants happen to have a USCIS ELIS account number? I thought it's an N/A for that. And did the consular officer ask for any proof of domicile from the petitioner? I always appreciate your answers. We're doing medical exam next week. Yes, it will be a Monday. And the following Monday will be the interview. Hope we'll make it just like yours. Thanks to Dave too. 

4 hours ago, myrrh130 said:

Is that even possible? Only 4 working days since interview. Congrats again! May I ask, in filling out the I-864 form, do we immigrants happen to have a USCIS ELIS account number? I thought it's an N/A for that. And did the consular officer ask for any proof of domicile from the petitioner? I always appreciate your answers. We're doing medical exam next week. Yes, it will be a Monday. And the following Monday will be the interview. Hope we'll make it just like yours. Thanks to Dave too. 

Yes, good luck.

Don't remember any ELIS number.

As for proof of domicile, yes, that might come up.

You either have it, or plan to have it.

Be prepared to address that.

There are four steps:

1. Data Collection - Where they review the info and update their database. Make sure they have your correct info/addresses, etc.

2. Pre-screening - The first real interview. Very important.

3. Fingerprints

4. Consular Interview

From my experience, the Pre-screening is where your data is reviewed, questions asked, and your "application" compiled, and pre-judged. That process seems to shape the Consular Interview step later on. (The Consular Interview itself can be really quick, or not, and can happen minutes later, depending on the length of the line.)

Best,

Dave

Edited by DaveSana

11 hours ago, myrrh130 said:

Yes! If your interview day goes smoothly, your visa will be approved and you'll get it within 3-5 working days. :)

In my I-864 form, I just left it blank. :) Before the CO asked for the proof of domicile, we already included the letter of explanation of it on the pre-screening part just to be sure. :) Good luck on your medical and interview! Take note also, that if you go to SLEC, make sure you dont have your period otherwise they will make you come back the week after your period. :) 

7 hours ago, DaveSana said:

Yes, good luck.

Don't remember any ELIS number.

As for proof of domicile, yes, that might come up.

You either have it, or plan to have it.

Be prepared to address that.

There are four steps:

1. Data Collection - Where they review the info and update their database. Make sure they have your correct info/addresses, etc.

2. Pre-screening - The first real interview. Very important.

3. Fingerprints

4. Consular Interview

From my experience, the Pre-screening is where your data is reviewed, questions asked, and your "application" compiled, and pre-judged. That process seems to shape the Consular Interview step later on. (The Consular Interview itself can be really quick, or not, and can happen minutes later, depending on the length of the line.)

Best,

Dave

^ take note of this also.:)

@Dave, I would like to ask if what time is recommended for us to pay for the green card? Because I've read to the USCIS site that the GC process takes up to 120 days. But others get it after a month.. We're leaving on May though. :) 

On 2/2/2017 at 10:56 AM, DaveSana said:

@mrsrasco

We paid as soon as we could, before we left MNL. You pay it online.

We are still waiting for it, five weeks later. Hopefully this or next week.

Dave

Okay, thank you so much. :) I heard that the GC fee increased to $225. :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.