kg0103

DCF USEM Manila

119 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, myrrh130 said:

It looks like I'm the only one in a hurry here to leave. My husband left yesterday and in as much as we want to travel together we couldn't because he can't extend his ticket anymore. He wanted me to follow right away after we get the  visas, but I'm in delimma whether to wait for my cr2 to finish first grade in March or let her continue there. We hate being away from each other for that long. But wouldn't it be better if she finished first grade yet? What do you think guys? Just needed some thoughts. 

Oh, sorry I don't have an idea about that but for me, if aabot naman yung cr1/cr2 application mo by march, mas okay na hintayin mo nalang. :) pero if matapos mo na yung application soon at di mo na talaga kaya, pwede din naman sa US nalang siya mag-continue since September yata yung school year dun, at least magkakasama na kayo. :D

12 hours ago, mrsrasco said:

TIP:

If you're planning to do the medical, dont go on Mondays. Because when I had mine, my husband and I went there around 4am and we were surprised because the line for US visa applicants is quite long. I think there were around 100+ applicants. 

I went there 4am and finished by 3pm, (supposed to be 12nn) because the RT guy on the US check out counter asked me if I can wait til 2:30pm for my xray results. and of course I said yes. Then after hours of waiting, I got the paper that says to come back at 10am the next day.

The requirements I submitted before I entered the building:

- DS 260 confirmation page

- 4 pcs 2x2 picture (write your name on the back and get it edited with formal attire)

- interview appointment letter

- passport and photocopy of biopage (also sign on page 3)

* I have photocopied everything 

Here's what I did during 1st day:

- data entry (ground floor) 

-paid to the cashier (3rd floor)

- immunization (2nd floor)

- chest x ray (3rd floor)

- laboratory ( 4th floor)

- weight, height, BP and visual test (i forgot where the floor is)

- physical exam (i also forgot the floor but quite the longest wait!!!!)

-USA counter (where you left your receipt with checklist then they will give it back to you and tells you to bring them on the check out counter)

Second day (8:20-10:30)

When I entered the building, I showed to the guard the paper and he stamped it for immuzation. I went there an hour advance and it's okay. Then I received 3 vaccines (MMR, Varicella, Tdap). After the vaccinations, the nurse told me to go to the ground floor for releasing. I waited again for an hour and that's it! I got my immunization record and the CD of my chest x ray which you will give at your POE, while the brown envelope will be submitted on the day of you interview. 

Lastly, take note when is the first and last day of your last period because majority of the nurses/doctor asked for it. And also the last sexual contact.

This is very helpful! Thank you! ☺️

2 hours ago, myrrh130 said:

It looks like I'm the only one in a hurry here to leave. My husband left yesterday and in as much as we want to travel together we couldn't because he can't extend his ticket anymore. He wanted me to follow right away after we get the  visas, but I'm in delimma whether to wait for my cr2 to finish first grade in March or let her continue there. We hate being away from each other for that long. But wouldn't it be better if she finished first grade yet? What do you think guys? Just needed some thoughts. 

2 hours ago, myrrh130 said:

Before we submitted our 1-130s at the embassy, I did renewed my passport that's why I didn't have my physical passport that day but I showed her a receipt showing that it would be released on the Dec 23rd. It made me think that not having the passport yet delayed the approval, I guess not. Does anybody of you here have a CR2/IR2 with you? I asked because I have a question on the I-864form that I've been dying to know. Thank you guys. 

It would be nice if she can finish her first grade here and give her additional time to say goodbye to her friends and adjust to the idea that she'll be living in the US. Moving is a huge change for her too. But I also hate the feeling of being away from my husband and would want my family to be together asap. ?

My husband already left too, to give him time to look for a job, get settled and prepare for me and my daughter's arrival. Can't help with your CR2 question though. My daughter got her US passport thru CRBA. But I also have questions about i-864 ?

Maybe if we can all post our questions here, we can help each other out (or somebody else who had gone thru the same thing might) ?

13 hours ago, mrsrasco said:

TIP:

If you're planning to do the medical, dont go on Mondays. Because when I had mine, my husband and I went there around 4am and we were surprised because the line for US visa applicants is quite long. I think there were around 100+ applicants. 

I went there 4am and finished by 3pm, (supposed to be 12nn) because the RT guy on the US check out counter asked me if I can wait til 2:30pm for my xray results. and of course I said yes. Then after hours of waiting, I got the paper that says to come back at 10am the next day.

The requirements I submitted before I entered the building:

- DS 260 confirmation page

- 4 pcs 2x2 picture (write your name on the back and get it edited with formal attire)

- interview appointment letter

- passport and photocopy of biopage (also sign on page 3)

* I have photocopied everything 

Here's what I did during 1st day:

- data entry (ground floor) 

-paid to the cashier (3rd floor)

- immunization (2nd floor)

- chest x ray (3rd floor)

- laboratory ( 4th floor)

- weight, height, BP and visual test (i forgot where the floor is)

- physical exam (i also forgot the floor but quite the longest wait!!!!)

-USA counter (where you left your receipt with checklist then they will give it back to you and tells you to bring them on the check out counter)

Second day (8:20-10:30)

When I entered the building, I showed to the guard the paper and he stamped it for immuzation. I went there an hour advance and it's okay. Then I received 3 vaccines (MMR, Varicella, Tdap). After the vaccinations, the nurse told me to go to the ground floor for releasing. I waited again for an hour and that's it! I got my immunization record and the CD of my chest x ray which you will give at your POE, while the brown envelope will be submitted on the day of you interview. 

Lastly, take note when is the first and last day of your last period because majority of the nurses/doctor asked for it. And also the last sexual contact.

Thanks a lot for this detailed tip. Any mythical stuff you did on passing the X-Ray? Like drinking milk or juices? 

Screenshot_2017-01-19-12-24-51.png

9 minutes ago, myrrh130 said:

I posted this question in one the Facebook visa groups, I never did get the right answer. 

Oh, try to download the form again at USCIS page and open it in ADOBE reader. We tried that and it worked!

Edited by mrsrasco

5 hours ago, mrsrasco said:

I just posted my inquiry on the IR-1/CR-1 thread because its complicated. :(

where you able to get any help? i know the i-864a is way more complicated than the i-864 alone.

5 hours ago, mrsrasco said:

Oh, try to download the form again at USCIS page and open it in ADOBE reader. We tried that and it worked!

are you saying that if i do what you say, i would come up with the form that has the barcode in it like the one on the right? if yes, then that would be the right form, right?

and guys one more thing, i did receive my MNL case number today, it was emailed to me and my husband-petitioner, but i noticed that it was only for my cr2. i cant really do much with it though so maybe it would be a good idea if i email the consular section about my case number, i just dont know the right email address, can you mrsrasco help me? thanks

16 hours ago, myrrh130 said:

are you saying that if i do what you say, i would come up with the form that has the barcode in it like the one on the right? if yes, then that would be the right form, right?

We just tried doing that since we researched about that too and in our case, it worked. :) yup i-864. it's better if you get the file from USCIS page because some forms are outdated already.

16 hours ago, myrrh130 said:

and guys one more thing, i did receive my MNL case number today, it was emailed to me and my husband-petitioner, but i noticed that it was only for my cr2. i cant really do much with it though so maybe it would be a good idea if i email the consular section about my case number, i just dont know the right email address, can you mrsrasco help me? thanks

You may email them at: 

IVManilaReplies@state.gov

Put this on your subject line

VISA APPLICANT’S LAST NAME, First Name (10-digit case number)
(example:  DELA CRUZ, Juan (MNL1234567890)

Because your case is specific and they dont respond if your subject line is different from that format.

When I emailed my inquiry, i put my name then (inquiring about my case number) on the 10 digit mnl case number.

Edited by mrsrasco

On 1/20/2017 at 11:02 AM, mrsrasco said:

You may email them at: 

IVManilaReplies@state.gov

Put this on your subject line

VISA APPLICANT’S LAST NAME, First Name (10-digit case number)
(example:  DELA CRUZ, Juan (MNL1234567890)

Because your case is specific and they dont respond if your subject line is different from that format.

When I emailed my inquiry, i put my name then (inquiring about my case number) on the 10 digit mnl case number.

hi mrsasco, i hope you will share your interview experience with us later. right now im trying to gather docs that we would need for medical exam and interview but really im confused on what to prepare for proof of relationship during interview. should we prepare the same as what we submitted during application or maybe after you finished, i can have a better idea. thanks

I would like to share my interview exp:

Arrived at 6am with my husband for my 6:40am interview sched. Then I prepared my DS-260, appointment letter and passport. then they put my passport in a ziplock. :)

1st step: Data entry

The lady just asked my name, who is my petitioner and where I'm going to live in the US.

2nd step: Pre-screening

The lady that was assigned to us was very nice! :) She asked few questions about my husband, my sponsor and personal questions. And she's very friendly!! :)

I passed my NSO birth cert, marriage cert, NBI clearance, medical results, passport, my I864 (with w2, 1040, recent pay stubs and bank statements), I864A (from my mother-in-law), DS 260 confirmation page, appointment letter and then we paid the $325 IV fee.

3rd: Fingerscanning

He didn't ask anything.

4th: Interview

We were interviewed at window 63. The CO just asked about how we met, when did our relationship start, and he asked more questions to my husband (lol) and even made jokes. He told us to go to the releasing because he asked us for a requirement but I thank God because I brought it. :P

First 4 hours, we were on AP but after a few hours the visa status changed to issued :D

Edited by mrsrasco

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.