lutz

221G denial re-affirmed, what to bring to second interview

29 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Joetan said:

The information you have said is very interesting have you had experience in this situation before or know someone I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out how can you tell if he will have the same person interview him and how the procedure goes I have been looking online to see anyone that has been reaffirmed and what took place during the second interview my husband was also denied October 20th we are waiting for the case to be returned back to USCIS

I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out how can you tell if he will have the same person interview him?

CO who interview you on your first interview has the responsibility of interviewing you if he ask you for a 2nd interview to submit more evidence, however when you case is sent back to USCIS, the CO who conducted the interview will attach a summary of the interview process and reason why he/she is recommending the case to be revoked,

When case is reaffirmed, USCIS will send the case back to the embassy with att: to the 1st CO, now if he/she is still with the consulate that officer will interview you again. However prior to the start of the interview the office will make you aware that he/she has “interviewed you previously and her decisions today will not be affected by previous encounters, but if you are not comfortable with him/her interviewing you they can have another officer interview you”. Afterwards the CO will explain to you why you case is reaffirmed. It will then be the responsibility of the CO to accept and grant the visa or if he/she still has doubts about the marriage conduct another interview again to clear his/her suspicions.

But if that officer who issued the 221g is not with the consulate anymore, the case will be reassigned to another CO.

How the procedure goes I have been looking online to see anyone that has been reaffirmed and what took place during the second interview?

During your second interview try and address the reasons they gave you at the embassy for the 221g. Usually the CO will verbally tell you at the end of the interview.

Don’t stress out too much this issue, reaffirmed cases usually gets less scrutiny because USCIS has already done the Job for you by proving the embassy wrong.

Good Luck and God is in control

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

In the case of my husband's initial denial, he kept asking the CO why she was denying him the visa, and she refused to answer him.  She did not put any reason on the 221g nor the checklist.  His case went back to USCIS and was reaffirmed.  We can only guess what her issues were from the questions she was focusing on .

3 hours ago, lutz said:

In the case of my husband's initial denial, he kept asking the CO why she was denying him the visa, and she refused to answer him.  She did not put any reason on the 221g nor the checklist.  His case went back to USCIS and was reaffirmed.  We can only guess what her issues were from the questions she was focusing on .

I will advise you send out a letter to USCIS in Lincoln NE addressed directly to Mark J. Hazuda (Director) seeking explanation on why your approved petition was returned back to USCIS.

At the same time I will advice you seek the help of both your congressman and senator to submit a congressional inquiry about your case on your behalf, you are guaranteed to receive a response from at least one request. I am afraid this is the only way you can get some insight about your case until the next interview.

NVC has all the information . . . why, where, and what happened about your case but they will claim it’s a legal document and cannot discuss with you but refer you to USCIS.

The Accra embassy is the worse; they will intentionally ignore you if you try asking questions about “why was my petition denied”

Filed: Timeline
On January 4, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Kofi_Adjoa said:

I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out how can you tell if he will have the same person interview him?

CO who interview you on your first interview has the responsibility of interviewing you if he ask you for a 2nd interview to submit more evidence, however when you case is sent back to USCIS, the CO who conducted the interview will attach a summary of the interview process and reason why he/she is recommending the case to be revoked,

When case is reaffirmed, USCIS will send the case back to the embassy with att: to the 1st CO, now if he/she is still with the consulate that officer will interview you again. However prior to the start of the interview the office will make you aware that he/she has “interviewed you previously and her decisions today will not be affected by previous encounters, but if you are not comfortable with him/her interviewing you they can have another officer interview you”. Afterwards the CO will explain to you why you case is reaffirmed. It will then be the responsibility of the CO to accept and grant the visa or if he/she still has doubts about the marriage conduct another interview again to clear his/her suspicions.

But if that officer who issued the 221g is not with the consulate anymore, the case will be reassigned to another CO.

How the procedure goes I have been looking online to see anyone that has been reaffirmed and what took place during the second interview?

During your second interview try and address the reasons they gave you at the embassy for the 221g. Usually the CO will verbally tell you at the end of the interview.

Don’t stress out too much this issue, reaffirmed cases usually gets less scrutiny because USCIS has already done the Job for you by proving the embassy wrong.

Good Luck and God is in control

I would wonder how we can address the reasons they gave to my wife and try to resolve when CO said that there is a huge age gap between my wife and me, and that I have had multiple marriages in my history along with other reasoning. So these reasoning we can not address nor overcome because age gap and my previous marriage history can not be wiped out. Though this is not in Ancara but in India. Do you know what could be done in this regard to address this kinds of denial reasoning??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jaanu2017 said:

I would wonder how we can address the reasons they gave to my wife and try to resolve when CO said that there is a huge age gap between my wife and me, and that I have had multiple marriages in my history along with other reasoning. So these reasoning we can not address nor overcome because age gap and my previous marriage history can not be wiped out. Though this is not in Ancara but in India. Do you know what could be done in this regard to address this kinds of denial reasoning??

I did not think having a much younger wife would be an issue in India? What are your ages?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I did not think having a much younger wife would be an issue in India? What are your ages?

I do not want anyone to hijack someone else thread nor I wanna give any info to those whom I know to pick up a fight and those who don't really provide any helpful information to cope with the situation, rather they are judgmental, argumentative and negative people who like to downgrade people. Sorry, thats what I have seen on here by most 'senior' and well known members. By the way, age issue with India has no relevancy here. Tnx...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jaanu2017 said:

Though you can't change your age you can certainly convince the CO by presenting evidence that you both have had

discussions about how to address the age gap in your daily life.
Example, if the wife is older and no longer of child bearing age have you discussed adopting ?
Have you discussed any ways to overcome the age gap within yourselves and feel comfortable with it and are these

conversations on chat ?
Do you maybe like the same sport or hobbies and are both well and able to keep up with each other, work out at the gym together ?
There are a lot of little things that can be used.
One can have a vision of one spouse staying behind in a rocking chair while the other is having fun on their own or

both love going kayaking together as an active couple.
Look at your life and see what works as evidence.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi everyone there. I have had my own topic here and got some answers. I'm coming back for one more question. I had my interview 3 months ago and it just went not bad I answered all the questions needed and had plenty of evidence. But at the end happened what wasn't expected! The CO handed over a letter says that I needed a joint sponsor and I was put through Administrative processing! My wife and I have been looking for a joint sponsor so we found a couple who live together to help us. My question is that: is it possible for a couple a man and his gf to be a joint sponsor since they can't do it separately?  I mean of either of them wanted to be a joint sponsor they wouldn't be qualified only when both of them do it?  Another question is that we have considered to hire a lawyer in case that wouldn't work out. Is it possible for a lawyer to take care of the sponsorship like he or she can get us one to sponsor or get some bank account to sponsor? Any reply would be appreciative. Thank you all in advance 

32 minutes ago, Edison777 said:

Hi everyone there. I have had my own topic here and got some answers. I'm coming back for one more question. I had my interview 3 months ago and it just went not bad I answered all the questions needed and had plenty of evidence. But at the end happened what wasn't expected! The CO handed over a letter says that I needed a joint sponsor and I was put through Administrative processing! My wife and I have been looking for a joint sponsor so we found a couple who live together to help us. My question is that: is it possible for a couple a man and his gf to be a joint sponsor since they can't do it separately?  I mean of either of them wanted to be a joint sponsor they wouldn't be qualified only when both of them do it?  Another question is that we have considered to hire a lawyer in case that wouldn't work out. Is it possible for a lawyer to take care of the sponsorship like he or she can get us one to sponsor or get some bank account to sponsor? Any reply would be appreciative. Thank you all in advance 

My question is that: is it possible for a couple a man and his gf to be a joint sponsor since they can't do it separately?

Now to clarify the question a man and his girlfriend are not married couple.

If they are just boyfriend and girlfriend then either of them can sponsor you so long as the income is sufficient to support you.

However if they are really married couple, then you need both of them to sponsor you, because they may have been filing joint taxes, even if they file separate taxes, they will count the other partner as a household member which will end up increasing the required income needed, sponsorship from a couple is much easy than from just one partner.

Another question is that we have considered to hire a lawyer in case that wouldn't work out. Is it possible for a lawyer to take care of the sponsorship like he or she can get us one to sponsor or get some bank account to sponsor?

I don’t think you need a lawyer to help you with joint sponsorship, it is the easiest part of the whole process, and you don’t need to waste any legal fees on I-864. Also no lawyer can help you secure joint sponsor, it is a big legal and financial commitment you cannot just pay someone to do it for you. If a lawyer says they can get a stranger to co-sign for you THINK TWICE

Timeline

Ok. The couple isn't married and neither of them has sufficient income to support me that's why I asked if both of them together can do it since they live together and the income will be sufficient if they sponsor together. Thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 1/5/2017 at 5:53 PM, Edison777 said:

Ok. The couple isn't married and neither of them has sufficient income to support me that's why I asked if both of them together can do it since they live together and the income will be sufficient if they sponsor together. Thanks 

Do you have any income of your own because if you are just missing the poverty level by a certain amount I was thinking you can just add one of the sponsors and put it with your income to get you over the poverty level guidelines

Timeline
On Saturday, January 07, 2017 at 10:44 AM, Joetan said:

Do you have any income of your own because if you are just missing the poverty level by a certain amount I was thinking you can just add one of the sponsors and put it with your income to get you over the poverty level guidelines

Uhmmm that is in case the sponsor is in the same household! What I wanted to know is can both of them be a joint sponsor even if they are not married and neither of them can sponsor solely? 

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 12/26/2016 at 2:03 PM, lutz said:

My husband's denied file was sent back to the USCIS, and was then re-affirmed by them, without need for any additional evidence such as for an NOIR.

Of course, I'm happy about this, but now I'm confused about what will happen at the second interview, once his file gets back to Ghana. Will he have to go to the second interview with even more evidence? It's not a problem, we speak everyday, though we haven't seen each other in a year, while we have been waiting for all this to clear up.

Any advice is appreciated. I know he'll probably have to get a new police certificate, and perhaps a new medical (I believe the medical is good for one year).

Hello am going through the same thing second interview and I am awaiting for a date for the interview a long stressful three years but our love is worth it praying to God they will issue HE'S VISA

• Ryan H locked and unlocked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.