2,895 posts in this topic

Thanks for the answers to my questions.

Maria43 if you don't have police reports or pictures then you can have a psychological evaluation. I'm in the process right now thanks to everyone here! I found one for free close to my home.

Other members will chime in but it will help your case. I've learned so much on here. 

Also read the older closed threads. Most of the questions you probably have might have already been asked in there. Very informative! 

3 hours ago, Birdie90 said:

Hi, anyone has a sample letter for which you send to CIS to put i485 on hold while preparing to file i360? 

My timeline:

Oct 2015 Filed i130/485/765/131

Jan 2016 i765 approved

Can I use the same 765 EAD card?

Thanks,

Josh

I do have a sample but I'm having difficulty uploading it

I just want to take a minute and thank everyone who answered any questions I had and thanks for the advice especially Sandra and Damara. I have a new confidence that I haven't had in a very long time and this journey, (although I know I haven't even submitted my application) is less stressful/depressing with you guys. I love you all and may God continue to bless and favor all of you. 

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Everyone 

I was a  silent reader of Vawa threads and i gained lots of knowledge about vawa case specially Sandra's post

i filed my vawa in april 2016 and i am still waiting

@sadness1 my timeline is almost same as yours i replied to my rfe in oct and my status online says correspondence received, whats your status online 

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Kool76 said:

Hello Everyone 

I was a  silent reader of Vawa threads and i gained lots of knowledge about vawa case specially Sandra's post

@sadness1 my timeline is almost same as yours i replied to my rfe in oct and my status online says correspondence received, whats your status online 

I just cheked the website and it says they received it on th 5th.

Timeline
Just now, sadness1 said:

@Kool76 what did they ask in your rfe? And when did they requested? Did you get your prima facie before the rfe?

Timeline
8 hours ago, Kool76 said:

Hello Everyone 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

sadness1 you just can file AP if you have a pending AOS and submitted form I-131.

You can file for a work permit, without filing AOS, while your VAWA is pending but you will not receive the EAD until your VAWA is approved.

Timeline

Totmaster the time that you lived together is "the time That you lived together",if he is incarcerated you are not living together.

You said when he leaves he will come home.I am not following you, did you file a Vawa petition? because VAWA was create for victims of abuse  to  flee from abuse and gain status in the U.S, and not just to receive a green card. You can file VAWA when still living with him, but USCIS might deny your GC if he is living with you when you attend the AOS interview based in VAWA.

Timeline

Vsj VAWA was enacted to help victims to flee from abuse and obtain green card, and not because the  spouse was mean or screwed up the AOS .

Same sex petitioner  qualifies for VAWa, but considering what what you posted here it seems that you are trying  to find a way to get GC through VAWA if your AOS is denied, VAWA wasn't create for this purpose, but to help victims of DV.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
2 hours ago, sandranj said:

sadness1 you just can file AP if you have a pending AOS and submitted form I-131.

You can file for a work permit, without filing AOS, while your VAWA is pending but you will not receive the EAD until your VAWA is approved.

Thank you! sandranj

Edited by sadness1

Timeline

Maria 43 if the  AOS denial was because Uscis  considered that  you had a SHAM MARRIAGE  then  the  next AOS  will be denied as well, but if  the denial was  because you  couldn't proof  a bonafide marriage  then you may overcome  this problem. 

Read please the threads part 4 to 7 and you will find information  about how to draft the affidavits.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.